Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

That's quite a difference between $27,000 and $11000 and I was only in overnight, exactly 23 hrs. before I got the bums rush. I had my surgery in Savannah GA although I live in SC. Local hospital was not my choice for quality health care. I don't know how people can take care of themselves when it costs this much when we have insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 02:11 PM

I wonder if time in surgery is considered? Mine took 1 1/2 hrs. my local hospital is blocks from the house, but I went to another town myself, my SIL is on staff in labor and delivery at the one I went to. It isn't about location its about where I feel safe.
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:00 AM

The cost of a 3 night stay in the hospital was $17,000. My insurance discounted this by over $10,000. My part of this is $1242. I owed the surgeon $340, after insurance. I owe the anesthesiologist (sp) $135, after insurance. I have paid the hospital and the doctor. I will pay the anest. on the 1st of February, when I get my first check. I went to work on January 2, 2008. Work has been pretty easy and laid back and I definitely thank God for this. I informed my Director that I had surgery on November 14, 2007. I didn't tell her what kind, since I don't know her. This is a new job, since I hadn't worked since September 12, 2006. But, apparently the Director realizes that the surgery was intense, because she inquires everyday, as to how I am feeling. I am blessed to have people on a new job concerned with my well-being. Sex was pretty good the first time after 7 weeks. I am going to buy some Ky Silkee. I have been wearing control top panties to work and it has definitely made a difference in having swelly belly and being tired. I wear them over my stockings and it makes them more comfortable to me. Just my opinion. Keep recuperating ladies and know that God is with you every step of this journey.

One love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 12:01 AM

On Friday I had my 8 week post op. I have been cleared for EVERYTHING. YIPPEEE!!! It was a bittersweet visit for obvious reasons. I've had this same doctor for 12 years now and it was a little sad to leave his office for the last time. (I hope, since I did keep my ovaries). I know some have questioned about PMS like symptoms, I asked my doctor about it on Friday as I have pain in my ovary area occassionally as well as PMS type symptoms. Apparently this is normal and it will likely occur as you still have ovulation. AGAIN, please remember I have kept my OVARIES. He told me I could have resumed a number of activities sooner if I had wanted to but it was good to wait until I did have the green light from him.
DH and I tried to have intercourse the night before my appointment (I did mention this to my doctor) and it was painful. Not sure if it was because we didn't take/have the time to go really slow or if it was because I was afraid of pain. I was very tight prior to surgery and I did ask the doctor not to sew me up so tight but..... anyways. It was very tight and sore when the doctor did the internal exam. He said we should be able to resume a normal sexual relationship without any hassles. So I guess we will have to start very slowly and move on with time. Other than that I am doing great. I feel better over all. People who haven't seen me since surgery are telling me I look great so that is always a good sign.

*nvgemini - not that it is any of my business but just wanted to mention that my doctor told me to make sure I wear underwear under my pantyhose whether they are lined or not as you can get yeast infections by not. Didn't really ask why this would cause yeast infections but thought I'd pass on the information my doctor gave me. DON'T WANT TO CAUSE ANY FRICTION. You and anyone else can do as you wish just wanted to pass on what I was told.

CHICKETTE2- haven't heard from you for a bit. Hope all is well with being back at work and life. Hope your appointment goes okay on the 24th.
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Oh, I am so sorry. Let me clarify. I wear panties, pantyhose, and support panties. I have a lot of stuff on. Smile.
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM

Im still here wondering_what **sigh** still real jealous that everyone else has had their appointments and heres me still waiting hahaha ...... Im still feeling 100% so fingers crossed that next week when I have my 6week (ahem-yeah right) check up everything is fine .... DH and I took the kids out to the pools yesterday BUT I didnt even go swimming because I didnt know if I was allowed to or not?? ..... now that sucked! as its sooo hot here at the moment and I would have loved to have gone swimming yesterday I havent had any spotting or discharge now for 4weeks or more so maybe I would have been alright to swim? .... does anyone else here know?

Thats great news though Wondering_What that you have been released for Everything!!!! .... I sooooo envy you lol........ I'll justr sit back now and count down the days til my appointment lol
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:46 PM

Chickette2- I can understand your frustration. I know I was frustrated also and when the doctor told me I could have done more sooner, I felt like smacking him up the side of the head to say why didn't you tell me....lol.

As for the swimming I don't know but could you call the office and just ask them that one question. I am sure with all the "heat" your experiencing it they might surely be able to answer that question for you.

I'll be thinking about you. Please let us know how your appointment goes. Don't be too envious yet as the whole ahem thing...yeah it's not working out so well for me so I probably won't be able to even get to that part for another 2 weeks. lol. Just my luck!!! lol.
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:26 AM

Yeah I may do that (ring the doctors office) and see if they can answer that ..... we are in the middle of summer and January/Febuary are the hottest months so a swim would be well loved at the moment lol

Will definitley let you all know how my appointment goes when it finally gets here ... I feel like the lost stray that everyones forgotten about he-he

Is there anyone else in this thread still waiting for their 6 week check?? .... or are we comming to an end?
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:57 AM

Hi Ya I Had My Hysto On The 16thnov My Post Opp App Is Not Until The 23rd Jan And My Dr Has Signed Me Off Until The End Of Jan. Feekling Fine Apart From A Urine Infection Don't Know How I Got That!! At First I Was Happy With The Time Off But Now I Feel So Bored And Miss My Mates And The Kids At School. Feel Like I'm The Only One On This Site That Is Still Off Wk
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:06 AM

Kim1961, no, you're not the only person still off work. I am new to the forum, had my TVH Nov 14th and don't go back to work until Jan 21st. I also miss my work colleagues but went back to work last week for a day and was wrecked. Enjoy it while you can!
Have you had any aching in your pubic area? It feels worse after walking a while. Also, have you done the dreaded deed yet? I'm really nervous about being intimate with my husband even though my consultant has given the all clear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register