Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hello all, I have not visited in a while. I am back to my regular routine before surgery. I am 10 weeks post and so far everything is working fine. I sit all day and thought it would be a problem but ok so far. I have been to the gym running. I guess my only complaint is after the surgery, since my uterus was so big, I have some skin hanging. I still do not have full sensation from the incision but the sit ups seem to help. I have lost inches and some pounds. I hate to hear about everyone's financial problems regarding their bill. I guess, I am lucky in a way..I deal with insurance all day and I made sure everything was precerted and doctor bill paid before hand. You can't do anything about it if it was an emergency. We received a discount from the hospital since my husband is employed there and it was a big help. I always advise people to call your insurance company to see why they are not paying or why so little, then you get an itemized bill and make sure everything they are charging you for is what you actually received. Some insurance companys have contracts with hospitals and doctors and they usually pay the contracted rate. The hospital and doctors will try to charge you the extra. Read the financial agreement they give you to see if they will charge you. My hospital bill was $11,000 but the allowance was $6,000. The insurance paid their portion of the $6,000 and the hospital bill for the rest. Very tricky but something you need to become aware of when having major surgery.
I will pray that everyone will have a speedy recovery and their bill's will be taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Wondering_What .... Heres hoping you and your DH have a good date this Friday!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that nothing else goes wrong .... and yeap will definitley update here once I have been .... the only thing is that in Thursday my appointment isnt until 4pm!! so not only do I have to wait until Thursday BUT I have to wait until almost the end of the day too lmao
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecher
ww...yeast infections are often caused by antibiotics, since they kill bacteria. Yeast infections happen when the "good" bacteria gets out of kilter from the antibiotics, allowing yeast to grow. Jconway..did you tell your dr about your tendency toward yeast inf? He may give you a prescription for a treatment in anticipation of that..I hope it clears up quickly.
I learned something new. Thanks teecher.

Jconway - Did your doctor check your blood sugar level? My mom was just saying that is how both her and my grandfather ended up finding out they had Diabetes? Not saying for sure that is what it is but that is what happened in my family, continuous yeast infections. Please have the doctor check you out again. The over the counter medicines are great but if it keeps reoccurring it could be a sign of other medical problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickette2
Wondering_What .... Heres hoping you and your DH have a good date this Friday!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that nothing else goes wrong .... and yeap will definitley update here once I have been .... the only thing is that in Thursday my appointment isnt until 4pm!! so not only do I have to wait until Thursday BUT I have to wait until almost the end of the day too lmao
Guess we shouldn't expect any answers until Monday. I am teasing you.
Unread 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Hi Ladies,

May God bless you and keep you as you recover. I had an appointment to day with my Gyn. She said that there was a little redness, so she used a little silver nitrate. It didn't burn like it did the first time. I don't have to go back to the gyn until my annual check-up. Yey..... Have been able to be intimate with the DH and it gets better as we go along. Using KY jelly, but will try the Silkee KY next time. You will be nervous and tense the first few times, but after awhile, the enjoyment comes. Smile.
Unread 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM

I had my 9 week check following LAVH, BSO, A&P repair on 11-14-07. He found 2 granulomas, scar tissue as he explained. He excised it and used silver nitrate sticks to stop the bleeding and I have to go back in a month. I also have to do Kegle exercises for a few months and that should take care of the small leakage I've experienced. I'll start on the Climara patch and see if that helps hot flashes at night so I can get a good nights sleep. Otherwise all is OK and this is pretty much history as far as I'm concerned. I'm so pleased with my doc. He's a kind and caring person and listens and I don't ever feel like I'm getting the bums rush out of the exam room. That's why I don't mind waiting in his office if he's behind schedule. Hope you all do well too. For yeast infections and constipation try eating yogurt. Especially like Activia with pro-biotics in it. When I got home from the hospital I had no taste and my tongue was white. I attributed it to the massive antiobotics I got both before, during and after surgery and the yogurt helped.
Unread 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM

jcon...if you have had 2 UTI's since surgery, I think that's normal...from reading on here, lots of us have had them. I've had a couple myself. If you're talking about yeast infections, if they are in response to the antibiotics, I think that would be normal as well...I was afraid of the same thing, since that happens to me too. But fortunately, I didn't get one. Hang in there, everything will work out....I guess it just takes time. My big problems are in the intimacy area. Still having discomfort....

It's great to have this site to refer to and see that everything is pretty well normal! It just depends on the person.
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:30 PM

Hi All! Seems like foreverago I had surgery and yet seems like just yesterday. I seem to be healing ok. I am back at work. I had my first full time week M-F last week. Actually started feeling good until......drumroll please......I got bronchitis. Sigh. The coughing has made my tummy somewhat sore and now coming home from work I am double tired. I'm wondering if my resistance is down cause of surgery. I haven't really been sick in years. I thought I was over the kiddie crud! (I teach) Anyway, I am glad to see so many of you doing well and I hope to hear of continued health and happiness after this life changing event. Be well!!! jenny
Unread 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't had much time online due to other things happening. I'm not quite 2.5 months post op but I'm feeling pretty good. My incisions have all healed (one took a little while longer). Best part is that I no longer have to live in fear of when my life will have to be put on hold. It's such a nice feeling not to have to worry about it and plan my life around it.

Although I'm sad (about losing that part of myself) and dealing with all those feelings that go along with it I'm doing pretty good for the most part with that as well.
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:35 PM

This might sound strange, but I feel rather liberated and empowered without all that messed up stuff in there anymore. I feel so much more in control! I didn't expect to. I thought I would be very emotional and weepy, wondering if I did the right thing. I hope you all are at peace with your decision and results as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register