Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hey Wondering_What .... correct me If Iv got the wrong person .... but werent you and your DH haveing a 'Date night' this last friday? ...... How did it go? ... no problems? ..... justthought Id quickly pop in and ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM

Hey Chickette2: yes it was me and we went on our date and it was great. Too bad we didn't close the deal if you know what I mean. Long story but dinner out was great and the food was wonderful as usual. Thanks for asking.
Unread 01-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Awww thats great you had a good time and there were no prob's ... as for 'not closing the deal' .... the main thing is you guys had a wondeful dinner out!!

How is everyone else getting on? .... we all seem to have dwindled down now that we are getting better and dont seem to come here as often
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 04:51 PM

I guess that's a good thing. No news is good news. As I always say, this too shall pass and it has. I never think of it except when I pick up my 2.5 year old grandson and he still say's "Grandma boo boo?" I now get to say no more boo boo and I can pick you up all I want! Life is good.
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:44 PM

I have not posted in a long time but I am doing extremely well. I have been back to work 7 weeks now.

Since surgery I have gone down 1 size but I believe it was because of the fibroid and enlarged uterus. I have not had to wear a pad since the first few days after surgery. I got a strange but good feeling while grocery shopping when I realized I didnt need to go down the feminine product aisle!! It is wonderful.

My biggest accomplishment is I joined the 30 minute workout place and have worked out 3 times so far. I feel great afterwards and it has taken care of all my little aches and pains.

The Climara patch is also working well. I feel very well and I have less mood swings then ever in my life!

The only small problem I did have was the first few times getting intimate with DH. It didnt go as smooth as I had hoped. I was starting to getting concerned and then it all clicked. I relaxed and it was fine! So I think it was just a little scary for both of us!

I hope everyone is doing GREAT!
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM

I just found this site, wish I had known about it earlier. I had my uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix removed on Nov. 16th/07. Cancer was confined to the uterus but it is classed as stage 1 B. I begin radiation treatment, 25 treatments, at the end of February. I sailed through the operation, not very much pain, the only pain medication I had was extra strength tyelenol. I went in on the 16th and came home on the 19th. Went off the tylenol the second day I was home. After reading some of the posts here, I think I had an easy time. The only problem I had was a bad case of acid reflux or it could have been because of a gallstone I have, but I think it was set off by drinking a lot of peppermint tea. I was told at my pre-op appointment that the tea helped with gas. I really didn't have a whole lot of gas but I will never, ever, drink peppermint tea again. I am 67 so the decision to go ahead with surgery was easy to make. I had a great gynae who always took time with me and explained in detail about the cancer and the surgery. I got back in last week for my 6 week check up, a little late but everything was ok. The hardest part for me during recovery was not being able to drive. I found that so confining. When I was finally able to drive, at 3 weeks, I felt like I had won the lottery. I am looking ahead now to getting the radiation done and out of the way. And then I will deal with the gallbladder.
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Justpat Youll find this site to be ever sao helpful and to go with it its got some awesome people here too
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:27 PM

Thank you for your welcome chickette2. I have already found some information on this forum that is very reassuring. I have a lot to read though.
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Hi JustPat:
I hope this site helps you out as much as it has helped me. The women on this site are amazing and they are so helpful.
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Hey guys. I had a tah on Nov. 14. I had a lovely vaginal cuff infection for my 2nd -3rd weeks- I felt pretty great by Christmas though, had felt perfectly like my old self since then- I went back to work Jan. 7 and started exercising again. I thought I was doing great- I mean, I think I had a couple of hot flashes, some excessive weepy hormonal stuff- some achy stuff like I wanted to start my period, and I've had sex and that's been fine. Now, this week, I'm wiped out. I've been getting headaches- I used to get migranes the day my period would start year ago- everything aches, my incision areas ache, and I'm so freaking exhausted- I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal part of the recovery or if something else is going on with me- I know I've heard all about it taking over a year to be perfectly normal- but what does that mean? That you'll be going along perfectly fine and feel bad suddenly? How do all of you feel in general right now?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register