Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Mine is horizontal- bikini cut- very purple red and noticable, getting smoother, and flatter. It's very hard around it and still seems that it feels wierd. Sometimes I ache right there at the scar still. It's fine- it's not like it's in a place where everyone is looking at it unless I decide to go into the adult entertainment industry! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Week Nov12th,07 Sisters

Its been awhile-are any of you having a hard time losing weight? I am carrying weight in places I never didn't before TAH/BSO. If any of you have found the magic formula to get rid of the strange weight please enlighten me. I have seen somewhere where it takes our bodies a full year to completely eliminate the swelly belly thing. Is this true? My weight is above my incision and uncomfortable. I am walking 4 miles a day, and also using a hula hoop for waist exercises. It does not seem to help.
I seem to retain a lot of fluid too, some days I will be up a size and some days down one-any ideas about this mess I am suppose to recognize as my body?
Kasey2
Unread 07-19-2008, 04:54 AM

Hi Ladies How is everyone doing?

Amazing isnt it! its been 8 months almost 9!! time flies! .. No more problems here

Hope everyone else is doing just as good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Hey!
I had another surgery on March 17th, took out hemmorahgic ovaries, fluid, adhesions. Not fun! It's been a slow recovery. The last couple of months have been pretty active but lately I feel like I'm dragging and not feeling as well. Feeling like I'm getting bloated and full and stuff like I did before the last surgery, unfortunately. Am having pains too, but not too often so I can live with it now. I just hope it's not more adhesions. What's the point of having surgery again if it just keeps making adhesions every time, maybe I need to find a way to take care of it or deal with it, I don't know. The rest of things are okay, a little vaginal dryness but premarin works okay, the libido isn't as ready as it used to be, but everything still works fine!
I had a friend who just had a tah and she's surprised how long it's taking her to recover. It's amazing how it changes you.
Unread 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Ladies,
How are all of you doing out there, it is coming up on 9 months, I finally when and got the v-dot patches, I thought I was doing fine but my family said I was not that much fun. Who knew? I toughed it out before, what did the rest of you do? Do you feel like it is working correctly for you?
Unread 08-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 update

I'm doing okay. I've struggled with feeling great enough to exercise regularly- having the energy and so I've gained weight which is a bummer. I also have had mood swings that would kill a moose. I'll be absolutely silly and giddy one moment and ready to throw myself off a bridge an hour later. It's crazy, I'm crazy. I think it's time to go see the doc about it!
I do the evamyst pump, two pumps on my arm and I haven't had one hot flash yet! I've had acne since I got pregnant with my first child 20 years ago and my skin is the clearest it's been in 20 years, smooth and rare breakouts. I usually can do what I want but I get achy if I do a lot in a day. If I do a lot and then sit down my pelvic area is really sore and achy when I get up, sometimes it hurts so much I can't move. I've had a few shooting pains from belly button to vagina but only a few.
I definitely think I have hormonal surges and highs and lows like pms which is wierd considering I have no girl parts left.
I think in general I'm doing okay, what about everyone else?
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:29 AM
update

Hiya Ladies,
I'm doing well too. Not having a period is wonderful. I did gain quite a bit of weight. I'm having a heck of a time sticking to a weight loss plan. I suppose that's my fault though, lol.
The only complaint I have is that I swear my bladder sling is messed up at times. It's infrequent, but boy, oh boy, I sure do have pain. The repair really worked though and I have no regrets. No more cathing, no more diapers...yeah!
One of the best things to happen is that I can have the big "O" again. For years I had only mini orgasms, It was like my bladder or fibroids or whatever were in the way. Now everything's working t-riffic!
How's everyone else.
Jean
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortableLady
I have the vertical incision scar. It is smoothing out and not so bumpy and it has a weird tan color. It is still VERY noticeable (sp?).

What do others look like these days?
My scars are very, very red. I'm okay with that I guess
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:01 AM

I got my patch 2 wks ago, then last Tuesday I started walking, I am currently doing 5 miles a day. Three in the morning, two at night,=500 calories burned a day. I have packed on more pounds than I believed was possible. I am blaming alot of it on my use of progestrone cream for several years. I quit that-from my latest information I need E2 in my system. Which has been compomised since having a tubal ligation in 97. I knew my thyroid was low, I did not know the E2 is needed for the thyroid to work correctly. I learned this from reading several different books the best was Women, Hormones & Weight.
This makes senses to me because for about the last 10 years I have tryed every diet program on earth-and I would lose some weight but never all of it. So I feel like this must be part of the answer. I remember when I went off the pill it took me one year to get that out of my system and the last 10 lbs fell off. So we will see.

My goal is to walk 20 miles by my next birthday-June 27th,2009-I will walk 10 miles on the street, and 10 miles back on the beach. Anybody want to join me we could make it a Nov.12th Week reunion? I am serious any takers out there?

I picked the 10 miles because it is exactly 10 miles from my favorite condo, to my favorite Crab Shack location. Sounds like walk, eat, walk, it could be a lot of fun. Think about it and get back to me, I am going.
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah, the weight gain has probably been the worst part, seems everyone is struggling with it. We couldn't do anything for so long- and then I end up having to have surgery again in March so- two more months of inactivity- but I think losing the hormones makes it very easy to gain weight. I'd love to go to a reunion with my hystersisters. Where are we going? I don't know that I could afford it or get off of work- but I'll do it if I could work it out- I'd love to be away from home alone!!!!
Anyone out there feeling hormonal or mentally unstable or depressed or just strange? I've been pretty good and then all of a sudden for no reason get sort of overwhelmed and emotional and overeact to things that wouldn't have made me bat an eyelash the day before.
I'd love to have a beach to walk on, how lovely, that would be so motivating for me. I'm walking too, starting to do it every day, no excuses.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register