Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Yeah I have had all sorts of moods-many of them wierd and unpleasant. I finally think I am on the right track now. The main thing I have to do is keep on going. I am only 2 hours from the beach. With ten months to save up I am open to going somewhere that is more central to the group. Somewhere within the continental US. With ten months may be just may be we will be able to fill our tanks-or buy a ticket. The beach I am talking about is Atlantic Beach, NC. Would it be fun to rent the largest cottage we could afford divided by whatever number of women for a long weekend?
Think big porch, rockers and some wine. We don't need to let this die down. Do we happen to have any travel agents in this group?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Okay, I'm game, if I can swing it financially and otherwise, really. I'm always ready for an adventure and the cottage thing sounds very nice. Maybe we could post for anyone with a Nov. 2007 date or something like that.
So, you drive 4 hours round trip to walk on the beach? How often? Or is that just your goal- to get up to walking that much so you could walk the beach?
Right now I'm just trying to hang in there. I just started work again (teacher) and I'm so tired and my home life is crazy and I'm struggling to keep it all together right now and having trouble taking good care of myself. I just need more TIME!!!!! LOL!
I read something about massaging your scar so it would increase the blood flow and heal faster and look better- so I started trying when I take a bath or put on lotion and it's really still very tender- and it's very tight and thick and wierd feeling. It pulls that whole area tighter so that my belly is really floppy- it's gross and drives me nuts! How about anyone else?
Unread 08-13-2008, 06:39 PM

No I am walking around the local soccer field that is 1/2 mile, doing 10 laps, the beach walk is my goal. I am working toward the goal of being able to make the walk in 10 months, on my 49th birthday. Some would call me crazy but, I would not drive 4 hours to walk 5 miles-or even 10 miles regularly. I went back to the beginning of this posting from last year and looked at like 35 pages and we have like 25 states and three countries represented. I love to see if we get anymore responses. Lets see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2008, 08:28 AM

I would love to do this also and if anyone in SC would like to travel together and it all pans out would love to!!
Unread 08-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Well so far we have 3, lets see what comes our way. Its funny the day after I started this post when I was walking this guy stopped me on my walk to tell me about his new travel agency business. I though that was wierd timing, because I ask if there was a possible travel agent in the bunch. (in case someone wanted a more centralized location.) I say if we get a serious 5 or more we should do it. Keep in touch, this could be more interesting than a class reunion.
Unread 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM

sounds good, I'm here!!!
Unread 08-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I am doing really well. I feel great and love not worrying about periods! I have been going to Curves and cut back on carbs and trying to eat lean meats, vegies and whole grains. It is working. I lost close to 30lbs. However I have been using the Climara patch since the git go.

I do feel scattered brained at times and like I cant keep things orgainzed. I have to really concentrate to get things done and to focus on specific tasks because it seems like I have attention deficit. But it isnt the worst thing to deal with.

I also have that big scar that is an ugly gray pink and saggy boobs. Both of which I dont think I can fix.

I would love to attend a gathering! I would have along way to go but a girl trip for me would be fun!
Unread 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM

We can always pick a place thats in the middle for everyone involved-lets see how many we get by say Dec. 31st and then look at the possiblities and where we could gather. I do like the idea of a place that we can sit, talk, and get to know each other in person. Instead of a place where you have to go do a lot of things constantly. Several years ago I went to a weekend gathering with 4 women I went though school with, we had not seen each other in 20 years. The conversations were endless-the kind you don't want to go take a shower because you are afraid that you will miss something. Thats what I invision with this experience. Lets see what comes.
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:12 AM

Well ladies it is my one year anniversery this year at this time i was headed to the hospital. I had been in pain for 5 years am now doing great only problems i had was getting my hormones under control hot flashes and not being able to sleep but doctor has changed my medicene from premarian to estradiol. It not only seems to be helping but it is also is a lot cheaper! LOL hope everyone else is doing great and enjoying their anniversery!
Unread 11-14-2008, 08:19 AM

I am on v-dot .075, and natural USP progest. 20 mg Progestra(I m not looking at bottle think the name is close to right). I have noticed that my sense of smell is very strong. Any of you notice this? Like the way it is early in pregnancy?
Are any of you happy with your figure? If you are what solutions did you find. I would try anything, that is not expensive right now. Anything short of say riding the back of an alligator. I am exercising, breaking a sweat for 1 hour daily, eating pretty correctly, whatelse?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register