Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsmurphy81
Had my TAH on March 6th. Home from the castle on March 8th. Hated the percocet, so went off of it on March 10th. Used Advil for a few days. Mostly off the meds now, occasional Advil. Was glad to get the staples out! Felt so much better. Have been walking alot since I got home. Made it about 3/4 of a mile today (9 days post op). I have no idea why I am healing so quickly. But I certainly am grateful. My mom was here all week and did all the housework and laundry. Have some wonderful friends who delivered meals. I credit my Lord, my family and my friends to such a phenomenal recovery. The hard thing is going to be for me to take it easy!! I pray for all of you the same success!
Wow! What an inspiration! Hope things continue so positively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 03:04 PM

had a lavh on 3/4. not good with the lingo and the intial so bear with me. both ovaries were removed and im only 30, due to painful periods and ovarian cysts i decided to have both removed.. the surgery took about 2.5 hrs, and even though they said recovery room for 45mins, i was n there for like two hours, in pain i suppose i was pretty doped up, i do however remember switching rooms cuz i had to wiggle my way from the bed to the other bed.. after than my doctor had me on dilaudid every 8 hours, that was a mistake my pain was like every 4 hours, so they tried giving me codiene for a lil while, i pucked, didnt eat well that night or the next morning.. husband was there off and on.. 3/5 woke up with horrible pain and a extreme headache that i had all night, plus the room was freezing so i felt like A popcicle. anyways their was an order in to have my cath, taking out and drain, and vaginal packing at 6:30 in the morning but instead i got my blood drawn and the other stuff was taking out around 11, after my cath, was taking out i was still on fluids on pain meds but i was up and down out of bed like every 10 minutes, and the nurse was like your bladder is empty is just a feeling.. whatever i peeed like 45 times in 1 hr, my husband was there, he ended up lying in the bed and i walked around and sat in the chair cuz i was tired of lying down in the bed and having to get back up to pee or try to have a b.m. that wasnt happening, i wanted to stay another night just so i could relax and have good meds thru the iv, but my doc came around 8:30 at night and discharged me.. so here iam resting bored out my mind, gotta go cuz u now im not suposed to sit at the computer for long periods of time.. thanks for listening..
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:08 PM
traveling

HI
I was wondering about traveling. My surgeon said no traveling for six weeks. What exactly does he mean by that? I mean like no traveling out of the country? Or not even out of towm or down the street? Does anyone have any idea? I do not go back to see my doc until Thursday. Other then that all seems to be going well. Just a little back pain and right side under rib pain. It has been 9 days. But I do get really tired easy. Does anyone no how long that will last? Sorry for all the questions. I hope you are all doing good. Take care. Thanks. sadie1964
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Well, day 10. A big hurdle for me. Walking around the house is starting to resemble pacing and I am definately feeling left out but other than that, things are OK. Having some funny feelings when i pee, but could be bladder spasms. Anyone know anything about them?
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Hi Susie43,

Yes, those bladder spasms........ hurt like crazy! I had them almost all the time the first few days when I was peeing like every 20-30 min. because I had retained so much fluid from the iv. Now I'm at day 11 and they're really settling down. I did have one last night that woke me up and I was in a bit of pain but eventually it settled down. Also, for me, they seem tied into having to poop and once that's done, it helps them go away. My dr. said they're common and can last up to 3 months. Hopefully not!
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsmurphy81
Had my TAH on March 6th. Home from the castle on March 8th. Hated the percocet, so went off of it on March 10th. Used Advil for a few days. Mostly off the meds now, occasional Advil. Was glad to get the staples out! Felt so much better. Have been walking alot since I got home. Made it about 3/4 of a mile today (9 days post op). I have no idea why I am healing so quickly. But I certainly am grateful. My mom was here all week and did all the housework and laundry. Have some wonderful friends who delivered meals. I credit my Lord, my family and my friends to such a phenomenal recovery. The hard thing is going to be for me to take it easy!! I pray for all of you the same success!
You sound just like me. So many similarities. I had my surgery same day as you, I had a TAH with a full tummy tuck. I hated the percocet also, i think it made me itchy and i didn't feel like it did anything. I am only taking ibuprofen 800mg morning and night now. I too am wondering why I'm recovering so fast. I actually went out today and took my daughter to the mall, but only for 30 min. I really don't feel that bad and I'm wondering what I'm going to do with myself for the next 4 wks. I'm pondering if I shouldn't try to back to work a week early. The thing that scares me is people have said you feel great at week 2, then sometimes take a nosedive. I too credit the Lord, lots of prayers going up that day. Good luck to you and I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Sounds like everyone is getting there slowly but surely. Looking forward to no pain from recovery & before surgery but know it comes at a price.
Today I was feeling a little better when I woke up so was up more than I have been. Ended up bleeding weird discharge so back to bed for me. With taking pain pills it is nice to know there is another way you are over doing it.
Hoping to run to Target tomorrow to grab a girdle so hoping I can make it.
So nice to actually not have the pain I did earlier this week. Amazing that the gas pains are finally gone & how much gas can actually hurt so bad! Keep you heads up gals & best of luck for a safe fast recovery!
Karen 36 yrs old, TAH kept ovaries
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Lavh

Hi everyone,

I had my Hysterectomy on March 6. All went well and my surgeon managed to remove a small football sized fibroid, uterus, ovaries and cervix without making a full abdominal cut (just one tiny cut each side and the laparoscopic one in my belly button). Woke up in pain, but a shot of Morphine took care of that and have had no major problems since with pain. Have had terrible wind pains but peppermint tea really helped ease those...lots of wind breaking tho!! My main concern is not being able to go to the loo properly. Does anyone know how long that takes to get back to normal? My wonderful hubby has been an absolute gem...he has taken care of me brilliantly. He has been cooking lovely meals for me - and this from a man who has only ever cooked beans on toast before!!! - and has looked after my every need. What a star he is!!!!! I am now 10 days post-op, and feeling not too bad. Nice to meet you all, and hope you all make a speedy recovery. PS... The time of my post doesn't mean I'm suffering from insommnia..Just means I live in UK
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:34 AM
removal

I had my surgery on March 5th...TLH-BSO using /daVinci...and the cervix is gone too.,, endometrail cancer. Not sure where the latter fits in the abbreviations. I don't even know how to count the day..is Surgery Day 1? If so, this is Day 12? My follow-up appt is Thurs, 3/20 at which I find out if he got it all..if I need radiation etc.
I'm finding all sorts of aches that I didn't expect at all. I would really like to talk to someone who has had the same surgery. Thanks, Joan

ps..removal of the parts was vaginally not laproscopically. Not sure where that fits in the abbreviations either! Joan
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm one in a million.

I had surgery on the 13th, Thursday not Friday thank goodness. The docs, nurses, everyone was fabulous. I had a terrific room-mate - we chatted off and on all night to entertain ourselves when the nurses woke us up. My surgery was prophylactic - I am a BCRA2 carrier and I had TAH as my ovarian cancer risk is much higher than the average population. Took me a long time to make the decision but I am glad it is over. I was regretting it during the first hours of recovery as I was so sick with nausea I thought great - I came in healthy and look what they did to me. I had my ovaries out of coarse and I am sitting here waiting for menopause to kick in. I have been practising, I'm good at the bad memory, sleep disturbances and emotional epoisodes(like when I went to my daughter's boyfriends hockey game and started to cry when he got in a fight - sheesh) All that before the ovaries were removed - must have been perimenopausal.
After the TAH a urologist was to come in and do a bladder sling to help with stress incontinence (I can't wait to get back on a trampoline). Somehow while he was doing what was a routine 10-15 minute proceedure he broke a stainless steel instrument on my pubic bone. I still can't comprehend it and my doctors were shocked also. They of course had never seen that done before nor had they ever heard of it happening. The doc had to make a 1 centimeter incision in my labia to retrieve it. He kept all pieces to ensure all of it was retrieved. Should this make me feel special. It completely freaked my husband out as the doc was explaining it to him - the doc was half in shock and half amused that anything like this could happen. I love how chinese medicine explains menopause as 'second spring' we are all spring chickens - no old hens among us. Stay well dear sisters and let's look after ourselves and be good examples for the next generation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register