Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

My surgery was a TLH-BSO using the diVinci robot on Wed 3/5. By Friday, 3/7,I had my sister take me to my fave hairdresser for a haircut as I was really needing a "pick me up". I did fine with the sitting and car ride. After that, I didn't leave the house until Tues 3/9 when I drove myself the 7 miles to the barn where I board my horse..I really missed him! BTW, I've only had ibuprofen (800mg) as I'm allergic to everything else, and my doc said I could drive as soon as I was not taking any narcotics. As I had none anyhow, I'm driving!
My daily plan is to get out every morning and then rest the rest of the day. There are days when I over-do but I rest more the next day. I'm torn between pushing myself and taking it very slowly.
I do agree that the whole BM thing is a problem!! I'm taking stool softeners and that seems to help.
Thank you all for your updates. Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Help,12 day post op need advice

I have a few questions, and hoping for answers.
3/4 had a total hyster. I have been off pain meds for 2 days, and finished with my antibiotics. I have had no spotting/bleeding(maybe a touch of pink during bathroom visits) 2 days ago, I had some bleeding, called the dr,& they said to call if its like a period. Well, I am continuing to bleed, I think its more than spotting, but less than a period. So I don't know what to think. ALSO, I keep getting diarrhea. Its like if I eat or drink, it all gases up & then I have it.
Other than those two things, I am doing well. I just wonder if this is usual or I should call the dr.
Thanks
Joani
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM

The bleeding is not normal as far as I can tell. My bleeding went away after 3 days. An the food input and output can be normal. If you have a fever to go will the diarrhea then I would put a call out just to be safe. My doc said to call anytime I had questions. So I would say they are not going to give you a hard time so just be safe and call first thing tomorrow unless you have a fever then call NOW. Good Luck...Hang in there it gets better.
15days post op
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
week and a half...

Well, I must say that if it weren't for the itchy little incisions and the very slight pain on stretching, I'd never know that I'd had a hysterectomy on 3/5. Of course, having kept my ovaries, I'm sure it will sink in shortly as my period is "due" any day now.

As I had LSH with no complications and I was in pretty good physical shape prior to the surgery I have to say that I'm feeling pretty durn good these days. No more chronic pain from Adenomyosis or fuzzy head from the pain meds. I've been driving short distances since the 1 week mark, and do okay as passenger with the seat back a bit. I do tend to grab at the "jesus bar" when Dear Ol' Dad is driving, but I did that before the surgery, too.

I've been pretty good about the lifting limit, but I do tend to fudge a bit. I haven't really pushed it, but lifting a pan out of the oven for dinner didn't seem too bad. And getting some laundry done as it's only me here and I was running low on undies. It's not like I've been out mowing the yard or changing the oil in my car, both of which need doing. I did, however, rebuild my computer completely, from motherboard up, because I couldn't stand sitting around doing nothing. Again, I set things up so that I wasn't putting any strain on my abdomen and it went well enough that I'm able to visit one of my favorite sites and type messages.

I'm so looking forward to getting the all-clear from the doc to resume my workouts in the pool. She told me that I should be okay at 2 weeks, so when I see her next Wednesday I'll be sure to check with her. My workout tends to focus a lot on core abdominal muscles and back, which is probably why I'm doing so well now. I just don't want to lose what little tone I have left.

I still have a little over a week before I'm due back and work and I know I'll probably be feeling run-down at the end of the day, but I was that way before surgery so I know I'll have to limit my activities to compensate. And I can always get the students to do all the heavy work setting up the laboratory. Good excuse for them to get make-up time and extra-credit.
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM

Day 12

Today was great I wore my normal clothes for the first time and went out for ice creem and a pedicure which felt wonderful!! I am so thankful to God so far for my great recovery I feel truly blessed. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. God Bless!
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM

After reading alot of the comments I am learning that we really can't push it - so why do we try. I feel guilty about taking pain killers like I should be able to handle the pain. I am thinking I should get up and do things. Why? My doctor looked at me before I left the hospital and told me it will take at least two weeks - every day I'll start to feel better but I will get tired and will need to rest. It is day 3 post surgery - I'm restless, I want to go outside - the sun is shining. Hey don't we have places to go and people to see things to do. But what I am hearing is that I will probably pay for it if I over do it. I am probably writing this to convince myself to listen to the good advice I am hearing and take it easy. Dear sisters we should hold each other accountable - being women we are so prone to looking after others very well....lets do it for ourselves.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM

I had my LSH on the 5th and I went back to work this past Tuesday. I work with a special needs child. No lifting with this job, just a lot of moving around. I was told by my doctor I would probably be o.k., but now I wonder if he thinks we are all superwomen. Also he might be the type to jump the gun for recovery, because he is a military doctor and has to get everyone up and moving ASAP. But overall I am feeling well, I am having a sharp pain on my right side, I guess I will call the clinic tomorrow and talk to a nurse. Boy I wish I had taken the whole week off now.

Good luck everyone. And please let me hear what you all think.

S
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:45 AM

Hey this is a reply to the girl that had some bleeding issues.. I had a lavh on 3/4 and i was bleeding told the doctor, he said bleeding is from the internal stiches, but anyways the blood color is what to look for, dark red for a couple days to a week then brownish nasty looking blood a lil later when you wipe after using the restroom is normal, or atleast thats what my doc says.. anyways if the blood is red or pinkish it usually means you have torn or split the stiches, and should have the doc check them out...
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:46 AM

Wow. What a range of experiences. Ok, here's where I am at. Energy level is up and down. Kind of what I expected. I rested a lot yesterday, and today feeling pretty energized.

So I tell my husband "you know, many of the women talk about how wonderful their husbands are being about helping out, waiting on them hand and foot." Oh, how suttle. Anyway, as icky as it felt to do that, I do think it was helpful. I don't know what the deal is with him. He is a great guy, supportive and nurturing in a lot of ways. But he is absolutely not a caretaker, and tends to feel put out by requests for his care. I think he knows it isn't rational...but he has these feelings anyway. Showing appreciation seems to have no impact. This is my second marriage, so don't have a lot of experience/history to fall back on in terms of experiencing his response to my illness/recovery. Oh well....I need to appreciate all that he does contribute to this marriage and family (which is a lot), and really leaves me with only a limited amount of additional requests. And, by the way, his increased time with our 7 year old seems to really have strengthened their bond in an important way, and is great to see!

Enough of that.

I want to talk about swelling. The only time I am not swollen (from my TAH)
is at night when I get an extended rest. There is no question that increased swelling on my left side. I think I'll take this out to the main post op threads......

Anyway, I'm so glad you are out there. I'm going to work harder this week not to bend, pull or carry to much. I'm kind of concerned about this swelling.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:10 AM

I can't believe that some of you are working already. You are superwomen!!
My dr knows I tend to not sit around & always very active, and he really enforced that for the first 2 weeks, I DO NOT lift,bend,vacuum,laundry,climb stairs more than 2 times a day,load dishwasher, etc.... He was very specific. Usually I don't listen, and I overdue it, but I so don't want to have any problems, I am really taking it easy, which is driving me insane. My two kids(3 &5) have been great helpers for me & helping my hubby with all the chores that I always do. I am really shocked on how much they all have helped me out. I am thankful that my kids are very independant and can go play together & let me rest. It has really helped with my recovery. I hope you all are doing okay, and try to take it easy too. I know its hard to do, but try
hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register