Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

I had my LSH surgery on March 7 2008. I came home on Marh 9th. Surgery was not what I expected and when i came out was in alot of pain. I was allergic to the pain meds and vomited of which did not help the pain. I had a very low oxygen level and low blood presure. The ride home was alot bumpier than I thought before also. It has been ten days and rough but I am hoping I am on the mends still on pain meds. I walk a little each day, and try to follow doctors directions and not get overly anxious to do too much. My recovery time is taking longerthan expected but none the less doing fine for the most apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Hi Ladies, onto another week. I finally went out saturday, and of course over did it, but it felt good to get out. My dr also told me I could be back to work after a week or two. He was very vague and didnt even ask me what kind of work I do. Im glad I did not go back last week. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body. I am a hairdresser, I started scheduling a few appointments this week, but nothing I cant cancel if I need to. I start back tommorrow which is my two week mark, and I only have 1 appointment. I feel pretty good, the bowels are still giving me some issues. Also I dont know if any of you had glue, but my incisions are glued and the glue came off over the weekend, it kinda freaked me out because it just left two holes, they look ok though, not red or infected looking, my hubby said they look like they are healing well. I have my first check up on Wed. It is so hard to stay down and rest! I had to get after my family last night . I felt bad but I couldnt bare to see them go off to work and school today and have my house look the way it did. My hubby has done great, but works alot of hours and my kids are young, my house hasnt bothered me till now, but every room I walked into was a mess, I feel bad because it is just not important when you look at the big picture I know, but they dont understand I get to wander around all day and just look at it, it gets depressing because I keep a clean home. Anyway thanks for listening to my carrying on! I hope you all are having a nice monday morning. I noticed my tulips are coming up, spring is in the air. Have a good day!
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM

Really? ty soo much for that info, its is red and pink and i thought thats what happened i torn a stich somewhere after struggling with a BM, since then its been a problem wasnt bleeding before then, I have my 2 week post-op tomorrow hopefully they can check it, but how do they check it if its internally? Does that require a full exam? Dont think i can handle that yet. Again ty for the info i really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Feeling better but bored

Well ladies,
I made it through another doctor's appointment. Number 5 in a week. I have to go back Thursday. I can't say that I am in any real pain anymore, except at night. The bruising from the hematoma is looking better. I worry about the one on the inside that they found last Friday because my bowels are now moving slower, and I got in trouble for not calling about a fever. I thought is was just from sitting in the sun. Guess not. Other than that I am behaving on "house arrest" and not lifting, straining, or walking for long periods; but I am soooooo bored. I did try to grade papers and paint but I tired so easily and it strained my back. My goal is to return to work next week after spring break. So I think I will just continue to rest and take it easy. If I take it easy I should be able to go back to work with only a few restrictions. I was told it could take up to six months for the hematoma to completely go down. I don't have six months to recouperate. TAKS testing is right around the corner and there is still so much to cover. Anyway thanks for letting me vent a little. Time for a nap.
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea35
Really? ty soo much for that info, its is red and pink and i thought thats what happened i torn a stich somewhere after struggling with a BM, since then its been a problem wasnt bleeding before then, I have my 2 week post-op tomorrow hopefully they can check it, but how do they check it if its internally? Does that require a full exam? Dont think i can handle that yet. Again ty for the info i really appreciate it.

Please make sure you get it checked out. I had episodes of bleeding but only after BM's. The doctor did a vaginal sonogram and found the hematoma on the inside. The one on the outside is healing nicely. They could both be the same but I don't know. The sonogram didn't hurt until he got to the right side where the hematoma was right behind the bowel. It was really more of a discomfort than outright pain. Your bleeding could just be a stitch which is much more common than hematomas. I will tell you this I was told to eat lots of fruits and vegetables along with lots of water, because I was staining too much. Anyway, I am no expert but It is better to know for sure. Let us know how your check up goes.
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM

Ladies,

Well I was still having a sharp pain on my right side today while at work. I took my time walking and I am not lifting anything heavy. Well of course when I got off, I felt better and never got around to calling the clinic to talk to a doctor or nurse about my pain. And then it hit about 5:30 after the clinic was closed I had pain in the front where my uterus would have been (I kept my ovaries and cervix) and I felt like I was in labor. I even went and took a tylenol 3, which I have not taken in a while. Boy I was almost ready to head to the emergency room, but I did not feel like I could drive, and my son was at work. I will call tomorrow for sure, and it is killing me if I should call in sick or work. The child I work with does not do well with subs and can act up when her routine is changed. And I know I should worry about me and not my work.
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:45 PM

My pain has been on my right side......and it gets sharp. I see the dr tomorrow.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywife1978
Hi, this is the first time Ive ever posted on a site such as this, so please bare with me. Id first like to start by saying thank you, to hystersisters for creating such a site, and to all the other princesses out there for sharing their lives.
I had a TAH on Monday 3/4. During my surgery I had some respiratory issues and my right lung collapsed, so they actually had to stop operating for about 30 minutes. When I stabilized they had to position my body more head down to where I could breathe easier, so the machines usually used to hold you open they couldnt use so 2 people had to hold me open for the remaining 3 hours it took to finish the surgery. All in all I was left with 20 staples in my belly. The first night was awful, and the second day was better. I came home on wednesday afternoon. I wish I could report that I feel better, but I actually dont. During the surgery I was given an entrathecal (sp?) for post op pain, and now I am left with a spinal migraine. I had those with my 2 children with my c-sections and the spinal migraines lasted for 2 weeks! I am praying it dosent. I am having a hard time with BM's and gas, its awful. I just feel drained.
I am sure theres a light at the end of the tunnel soon. My DH is being just awesome! I am very grateful for him. I hope everyone starts to feeling better soon!
Debbie
Hi, there fellow Navywife! I have been a Navy wife since 1984...still am. I just had my TVH, AP Repair, and Sphincteroplasty at Portsmouth on 3/10. I was rolling through the forum mand noticed your user name and I thought I give you a shout out!

Hope you are doing well. I'm working on it but feeling the best I have felt in a week tonight. :-)
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM

Day 13 post op.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Today was a break through for me. I have not been able to eat much at all since my surgery and today I actually was able to eat a salisbury steak and mac n cheese lean cuisine and it tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good lol.... My recovery as been great but just not being able to eat has really gotten me down so today I was excited. I hope everyone is doing good!
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
day 12!!!

Sooo I left the house today!!!!! first time other than to come home from the hosp...OMG if i was a dog my head would of been hanging out the window along with my tongue, well actually if my body would of allowed me i would of done it any way maybe week 4 , So i ventured to Target, i looked at the motorized car in there and figured i would be a hot mess driving that and bring more attention to myself than just slowly walking hunched over, passing gas like the elders who can get away with it LOL...just kidding i wanted to tho, the gas pains still geez take the breathe right out of ya, So i stayed out for a total of 5 hours including car time, eating time,potty runs resting,haha came home got straight in the bed, But feel some what better other than some pains, but got post-op doc tomorrow so wish me luck..Lottes of hugges to all, Hope you feel better my

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register