Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Home and resting

Hey, gals!

I had my LSH on Wednesday, 3/5, around midday. According to the doc all went well and she was pleased with the condition of my ovaries and other organs. Just a bad uterus.

The short hospital stay wasn't too bad. Nobody came to show me how to get out of bed until later the next morning, though. I finally had the ask one of the nurses during a fly-by to help me, as I'd had the catheter removed about 2 hours earlier and was getting a bit uncomfortable. Mostly I slept.

My doc came by around lunchtime on Thurs, told me everything went well and released me. My parents took me home and have been taking care of me. I figure it's all in preparation for when I get to take care of them, since they're getting a bit long in the tooth. I've been fine getting in and out of bed, doing easy stuff like drinking my coffee and reading the paper and passing gas like I want to end the energy crisis on my own.

The one thing that really surprised me was waking up from the anesthetia sobbing. I may never know where that came from. Relief, grief, fear... all three?

Oh, and I really liked the e-card from Hyster Sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

I had my TVH and vag sling for bladder on 3/4 and came home within 24 hours! I'm used to military hospitals, so I LOVED my civilian castle! The care, food, environment, everything was lovely. I truly felt like a princess. I was a bit hesitant to come home, but I was doing too well to justify staying. My DH has been wonderful and the ladies from church have been bringing in lovely meals.

I've had two c-sectons, so doing this vaginally, I understand how easy I got off. My heart goes out to you abdominal ladies. The trick for us though, is not overdoing it, because our families don't realize how cut up we are.

I got off the percocet as soon as possible and am only using the 800 mg of Ibuprofen, alternating with Tylenol. I think and sleep beter without the narcotics, for sure.

I alternate prune juice for the bowels and cranberry juice for the bladder and everything is going well, except maybe for the fact that I can't pee straight! I'm sure it's just the swelling and the pee washes over my whole bottom everytime, so each potty trip involves a peri-bottle to rinse, a towel and a hair dryer. Yee haw!

I want to introduce you all to my best friend, Nettie, also known as a Nasal Bidet or Nasal Cleansing Pot. You may have seen Dr. Oz demo this on Oprah. Post-op, I can't blow my nose hard enough to clear things out, which usually leads to post nasal drip and sinus infections, but Nettie keeps it so that a vey gentle blow does the job. I fill her with warm salt water, and place her spout in one nostril. It washes through my sinuses and comes out the other nostril. I even took Nettie to the castle with me! I highly recommend one to those who suffer with congestion like I do- she's a life saver!

Thanks for your posts. Some are real tummy-bracers 'cuz they made me LOL. And it's absolutely true! The waiting was the hardest part of all!!!

Enough sitting for now... time to go lie down... C ya!
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Today I finally had a BM! Yeah it was not bad at all I took the adivce of others on here and used stool softners and I have been taken Gas X for the gas pains and other than the bloating and not able to eat anything but bland food so far my recovery as been great actually alot easier than my C-section.
Hope everyone is doing great and on path to a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Hi there... I just got home last night from having a TAH on Monday afternon. I'm feeling better but really sore... I so tired. I feel the old drugs still running through my system. My kids are very overwhelming. There are 4 of them all under the age of 12. My hubby leaves for Iraq on Sun... I know I can do it. I just want to sleep through it all right now...
Jean
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieeliane
Hi there... I just got home last night from having a TAH on Monday afternon. I'm feeling better but really sore... I so tired. I feel the old drugs still running through my system. My kids are very overwhelming. There are 4 of them all under the age of 12. My hubby leaves for Iraq on Sun... I know I can do it. I just want to sleep through it all right now...
Jean
Hang in there Jeannieeliane, I know it must be hard just having major surgery and your husband leaving to Iraq. Do you have family who could help you with the children? Just relax and take it easy. I wish you the best of luck. We are here for you!
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Hi, this is the first time Ive ever posted on a site such as this, so please bare with me. Id first like to start by saying thank you, to hystersisters for creating such a site, and to all the other princesses out there for sharing their lives.
I had a TAH on Monday 3/4. During my surgery I had some respiratory issues and my right lung collapsed, so they actually had to stop operating for about 30 minutes. When I stabilized they had to position my body more head down to where I could breathe easier, so the machines usually used to hold you open they couldnt use so 2 people had to hold me open for the remaining 3 hours it took to finish the surgery. All in all I was left with 20 staples in my belly. The first night was awful, and the second day was better. I came home on wednesday afternoon. I wish I could report that I feel better, but I actually dont. During the surgery I was given an entrathecal (sp?) for post op pain, and now I am left with a spinal migraine. I had those with my 2 children with my c-sections and the spinal migraines lasted for 2 weeks! I am praying it dosent. I am having a hard time with BM's and gas, its awful. I just feel drained.
I am sure theres a light at the end of the tunnel soon. My DH is being just awesome! I am very grateful for him. I hope everyone starts to feeling better soon!
Debbie
Unread 03-07-2008, 05:52 PM
March 4th was the date (the found a big mess inside)

3 days post-op. Well, I already knew going in that subabdominal was a strong possibiity but I wasn't expecting a messy case of endometriosis that had migrated to my bowel so I not only lost the uterus but was in the hands of a bowel surgeon as well while I was on the table. I've always been focused on the fibroid never endometriosis so that was a total surprise. The doctor says I shouldn't expect to feel great "You had bowel surgery after all." I was very surprised to hear when I woke up that I was even staying until Friday. The pain was manageable with the proper drugs but because of the bowel surgery they wouldn't let me eat or drink anything until Wednesday. That's after not eating on Monday for Tuesday's prep. I was famished. I tried to ease my diet in and was doing pretty well until last night when the gas pain set it. I swear it's worse than anything. I was miserable and nurses didn't give me anything until morning. My doctor didn't get to see me until the afternoon today and said I could still stay another night or go home. I still hadn't had a BM so we're waiting for that milestone but I was getting bored and antsy at the hospital. The hospital staff was nice but at time was inattentative for long hours. One student nurse even wrapped up my favorite robe with the dirty linen. Goodbye robe.

I'm home now. My cousin came down for a couple of days which is nice otherwise it would be me and my daughter with me fending for myself. Continue to feel bloated and sore but I've got all my immediate needs next to me and everyone is being nice and helpful. I thought I'd have to go through this all alone and this really makes a difference.

I hope everyone is doing okay.
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:51 PM
cramping and pain upon standing 3 weeks post op

i have not had a great recovery so far. I have had a lot of bladder pain and now this weird pain when i go from lying down to standing up. it last for a few minutes then gets a little better. The abdominal incision is killing me. Is this normal three weeks post op?

thanks

Gee
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Home from Castle

I had my LSH BSO 3/6 The surgery went fine. My bladder is still asleep. They took the cath out this morning, but no pee pee. at noon, the straight cathed me and got 500cc's. By 400 I was in bad pain again so the doc gave me a choice. Go home with a cath for the weekend , or another straight cath and wait and see.
So, I have an attractive handbag of pee for a few days but at least I'm home.

I,m allergic to most pain meds so this will be a fun recovery. I am surprised how much more pain I'm in compared to my back surgery. This is much worse!!!!

I'm sure I will feel better by morning though. I feel like I need to walk a bit

I'm very happy to join the ranks of

Happy recovery to all
Lori
Unread 03-07-2008, 11:54 PM

hi there fellow princesses! I'm home now! It is definitely nice to be at home. The castle was good for the most part, but home is much better. I am lucky to have my mom here helping me! I had my first BM as soon as I got home, and seems like I am having to pee constantly. So my doctor told me that when they went in for the TAH, apparently she immediately ran into my uterus, which was fused to my abdomen wall. My bladder was fused to the top of my uterus, and my ovaries and tubes were fused to the sides. She said it was like a cement block, which is interesting to me that they couldn't see any of this on an ultrasound, not even the unusual placement. However I am glad that they were able to remove all the scar tissue and save the ovaries! At home I have been able to sit on the couch alot and get up and move around the house. I have been wearing my abdominal binder almost all the time, and I purchased a shower seat for the shower, however I haven't used it yet, I don't feel comfortable enough to sit down in the shower, seeing as it is difficult to sit down and get up. My diet is normal, although I haven't really been hungry. I am still in alot of pain, but my spirits are very high, as I can tell that once this pain from recovery is over I think I will be feeling great! I start physical therapy in a couple weeks, and I'm sure that won't be pleasant lol. Mornings are tough, I'm sure that is due to the fact that I have been laying there for hours not moving and stretching the muscles out though. So I'm glad to see some of the recovery reports that are up already by the other ladies here. I hope that most of you are doing well, and I'm sorry that some others are not feeling well. I think overall I feel good, I do however have my tough moments. This isn't an easy thing to go through, so just keep your spirits up girls! We can all get through this together! I have had 2 c-sections in the past, and neither of them caused as much pain as this, but I have high hopes that things will be much better in the long run! Good luck and talk to you all soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register