Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie44
Well I have enjoyed reading over your post today. They have lifted my spirits. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I told them on Monday to just put me a bed in the storage closet since I practically live there. I am still swollen and really bruised. The whale is starting to turn yellow and fade a little, but I think he spit Jonah out right over my pubic bone, that whole area looks as dark as a plum and is quite swollen. I can't even touch the skin without it hurting. The doctor did say the blood would move and take the route of least resistance. I figure since I have been sitting on my bottom so much that it should go there. I think I now have a bigger stomach than bottom. Maybe I should just wear my pants backwards. I only take extra strength tylenol instead of the pain meds. The pain reminds me not to lift or do anything stupid. I hopefully will get my pathology report back tomorrow. I think it got lost in the mail along with my blood test. I am happy to report that at least my students don't have to wait 2 weeks to get there results on test. Anyway, I am being good except I couldn't stay away from the mexican food, but at least this time I did not eat the jalepenos. I will post tomorrow after the doctor's appointment. As always take care and I enjoy reading all the post.
Sounds rough. Hope things get better soon. You've still got a great sense of humor about it. Wearing your pants backwards. That's good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
13 days post op

I am 13 days post op and for the first time went up-stairs to sleep with my husband no ore in the recliner, it wasn't bad but not a good as I thought it would be to sleep in the bed I ad a ard time sleeping but loved being next to my husband. My first post-op appt was yesterday, DR said everything is healing fine and gave me another apt on the 14th of April.
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:48 AM

just wanted to sa I love this sight and have gotten so much informative informtion. Thank you everyone for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofquestions
I'm so sorry. My 7 year old daughter is like that in bed as well, and has been a fear I've had that she would get in with me without my realizing it (sometimes I'm a deep sleeper). Wishing you the best. So sorry that happened.
Lotsofquestions--- thank you so much, feeling somewhat better today. Not near as close as Id want to be and I wish that my DH DS and DD would realize that--- but they want their mommy back. Watch out for those little feet when sleeping- they sure are a doozy!! Hope youre having a great spring day!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Day 13 TAH and feeling amazing. I am getting feeling back to my skin above the incision site so the movement of cloth feels very weird. I am surprisingly not black and blue, the area is looking good. I have one spot on my right that still pains me when I am lying down. I sleep on my side sometimes with a pillow between my knees and the end of it resting on my belly for support. Remember to move your knees together as you turn on your side. I normally sleep on my stomach so laying on my back has some getting used to. I feel ready to do anything (as long as it is not over 10 lbs) and I MAY try driving. I am so glad you are all getting better everyday, the 2 steps forward 1 step back seems right on track. It is sunny here today, I hope to get outside. Have a good day sisters!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:07 PM

woo hoo..just home from my 2 week check up..they got all the nasty cancer cells...no radiation needed...slim chance of reccurence.
No internal exam tho..not for 4 more weeks. And that reminds me, I forgot to ask about baths...'cause they did say no sex til after they check me at 6 weeks. I also asked for the 5th week off work. Being out 4 weeks gave me only 3 weeks post op..not enough for an itinerant teacher who carts around 40 pounds of stuff. Today is a good day!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm feeling worse the past two days than I did last week. The pain has gotten worse. I think I may be doing too much. The pain is actually inside, too. I only had a LAVH, still have both ovaries, but man.....this hurts!!

I'm happy for all who are doing so well. I hope to be joining you soon!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM

Today is day 15 and I do not go to the dr. for another 4 days. No driving yet but am hopefull monday will bring that permission. Feeling better but still very sore and achy at the end of the day. Only taking ibuprofen at night now. Starting in with very light chores but no lifting and not back at work yet. Anyone back to work yet? I am a bookkeeper and need to get back soon.
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Heya everyone! I had my incision check with the doctor today and everything is great. Hooray! I'm feeling pretty good. She explained to me what the shooting pains were from, and I didn't really think about it before but it makes sense. She said they were from the nerves inside that were cauterized during surgery still have feeling and every now and then get irritated, but it will go away eventually. I went out and got my kids their Easter baskets. I decided to do the premade ones this year, but it was fun to pick them out anyway. My mom also took me to lunch, which was nice. I think I'm just going to relax and maybe do some painting ( not on walls ) the rest of the evening. Best wishes, and hope that you are all getting well.
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the up date on the shooting pains, makes sense now, less worry! I am about to drive to the grocery store WEEEE!!! Feeling very good today but waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't imagine going back to work just yet because sitting in a chair can be very uncomfortable for me. I prefer to stand or lie down!!! can't do that book keeping, can ya. Have a good night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register