Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Chiaro..I too am a kitty person and when I lost one in 2000, I somehow ended up the 3 more. I swore I couldn't deal with losing another one, and then found that coming home to an empty house was bad too.

Little Stamper..I'm with you with sex thing..egads...my "everything" was pulled out vaginally and I swear that I still feel it being yanked! And "outside sex" (love that expression!) is not appealing either as my pubic bone and panty line are still very sensitive..as I type I have an ice pack on them!

Happy Holiday to everyone..I guess we just keep on keeping on. Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:28 AM

I can so relate to what you are going through. It's so difficult to know what is normal discomfort/pain. You don't want to whine about every little thing but its so hard to know what is little and what is not little.

I pray for your quick recovery.

Blessings,
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:29 PM

To Ellesmerechase. I am so sorry to hear you landed back in the hospital. I guess things can go wrong for all sorts of reasons, most that we know nothing about. I hope they are taking good care of you. I am so glad they got it before it was infected. I hope you spend the time relaxing and letting the nurses take care of you.
As for me, I am doing quite well. I manage to do most things now except lifting. The incision site is very tender, like a burn. I have almost all the feeling back in the skin now. I think I am having hot flashes, maybe more like warm flashes and I guess I am PMSing because I decided my life sucks and I need to find something to do that gives me joy. How pathetic is that, considering last week I was feeling very lucky to be me!!! I am looking forward to soccer season starting up at the end of April, my teammates are wonderful ladies. I think it is time for me to get off the couch and find things to do FOR ME. Anyone got any ideas?
Chia, sorry to hear about your cat, I have two dogs and they make me smile all day long, so I know how sad you must be to lose your friend. I hope you have lots of pictures of Timka to smile at.
Happy Easter All.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesmerechase
Hello everyone. Glad to hear it is mostly going well with you all.
Unfortunately I can't say the same. Last Friday (14th) after several days of increasing pain I was rushed in to see my surgeon and readmitted into hospital (day 11 TAH BSO and a TVT)
I had a fever, was in excrutiating pain, and whenever my bladder was full I was unable to even walk the pain just doubled me over. Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out I have a 750ml (25 fl oz) collection of blood (haematoma) within the cavity (also smaller ones but nothing else as "impressive" to use my doctors words...LOL) which of course is pushing on EVERYTHING, bladder, bowel, etc.

My doctor was horrified that I was in such a state, as I had been in contact with his office each day, however I do take responsibility for allowing it to get that bad as I had been told I had a bladder infection post op and thought over the week that it was just that getting worse (although of course I was on antibiotics etc) I guess its just a case of not knowing how much pain is "normal"!

So anyway, I have been back in hospital for the past week on IV pain relief and antibiotics. The collection hasn't passed however it is reabsorbing. I am still on loads of pain relief and antibiotics as the worse thing now would be that it becomes infected. Now I have thrush, so basically if its not one thing its another! I do feel much better but I am so tired and have no strength. My emotions are very raw and I feel very low. However I know that will improve as my health does. I hope I don't sound like a whinger as usually I am very stoic and have a high pain threshold. I just don't think I was expecting this set back to be so debilitating.

Therese
Well, thank goodness you caught it. What an ordeal. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Hope you are back to recovering soon.
Unread 03-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Just Checking in

Hi all, I had my TAH on 3/4. I also had a vaginal fibroid (the size of a golfball) removed. As the fibroid was so large, the doctor had to do 7 layers of stitches to correct the area. It is still very tender.

I just found this site last night when I was googling some questions I had. I really wish I would have had this when I was first home, I had so many questioons!

I seem to be on the slower end of most of your average recoveries. I'm still not allowed to drive and have quite a bit of pain. I've seen the doctor once a week since surgery and she's assuring me all is normal. My biggest frustration is the boredom!!! I'm single and live alone, so I've been talking to my cats alot, LOL. Holy cow do I ever appreciate my job more now.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and thanks for all the posts, they've been great reading today!

Lisa
Unread 03-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Hugges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesmerechase
Hello everyone. Glad to hear it is mostly going well with you all.
Unfortunately I can't say the same. Last Friday (14th) after several days of increasing pain I was rushed in to see my surgeon and readmitted into hospital (day 11 TAH BSO and a TVT)
I had a fever, was in excrutiating pain, and whenever my bladder was full I was unable to even walk the pain just doubled me over. Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out I have a 750ml (25 fl oz) collection of blood (haematoma) within the cavity (also smaller ones but nothing else as "impressive" to use my doctors words...LOL) which of course is pushing on EVERYTHING, bladder, bowel, etc.

My doctor was horrified that I was in such a state, as I had been in contact with his office each day, however I do take responsibility for allowing it to get that bad as I had been told I had a bladder infection post op and thought over the week that it was just that getting worse (although of course I was on antibiotics etc) I guess its just a case of not knowing how much pain is "normal"!

So anyway, I have been back in hospital for the past week on IV pain relief and antibiotics. The collection hasn't passed however it is reabsorbing. I am still on loads of pain relief and antibiotics as the worse thing now would be that it becomes infected. Now I have thrush, so basically if its not one thing its another! I do feel much better but I am so tired and have no strength. My emotions are very raw and I feel very low. However I know that will improve as my health does. I hope I don't sound like a whinger as usually I am very stoic and have a high pain threshold. I just don't think I was expecting this set back to be so debilitating.

Therese
I'm sorry to hear you had a setback...but know we are all here for you and thinking of you, I hope you have a healthy return home. And main thing please take care of yourself, I too have a high pain tolerance and not sure what is normal, i feel like i am whining or complaining too much hence why i really havent posted just reading. But this is a reality check which i was given by a dear sister...we must take it easy and one day at a time, Who cares whats normal and whats not, if it doesnt feel right then question it. I guess i'm realizing i rather be told a million times i'm ok to have waited too long. Follow your instructions..be bored..rest..and in the long run it will al pay off. You definitly opened my eyes to thinking i can do more than i should be, and can withstand more than i should . Take your meds, as my doc said stop being a hero and take the meds, We just cant help it thats what us women are heros..Lots of hugges to you..and wishful recovery...

Rachel
Unread 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM

My days are still up and down, my nausea seems like its coming more, my pain seems like it just doesnt go away..the weird thing is its not my new incisions that hurt, its my old belly one that one has been a killer..My night sweats are getting worse i thought the hormones was suppose to help that. Having to pee is a nightmare, they said i had a UTI and more antibiotics, like everyone i'm sure we are all sick of the meds, but i have to practice what i preach and take them. I would love to drive, but i know thats not safe-as i still have those ripping gas pains, wont be good driving with one of those. I agree with Joan..my insides still feel like their being yanked or falling out occasional. Mentally i'm a hot mess, trying to stay positive.I was a little discouraged that so many others were getting around and i wasnt. But again reality is...theres a reason for it, dont question it just go with the flow. My back ache is pretty intense after a few minutes standing but i deal, Sitting up makes me loose my breath, maybe from pressure on swelly belly..I decided to do like i did for my last surgery, and took those hospital pads and lay it across my old incision for some extra added support and softness of rubbing angainst anything. Glad the new ones are good. the pelvic one is still very sore and tender. But still find myself having to lift and hold my belly to pee..was hoping that would of been gone after surgery but i'm thinking positive of this is a healing process and it wont happen over nite, although i wish it did for all of us. Recieved my tea time package today and had some hot tea in my hyster mug with my crown LOL..Ok so its a little lop sided from the last gas pain, making it even funnier. So patiently we wait until the day comes when we are off grounding and can go out and play..And what a beautiful day it will be when we are all healed and pain free bending over smelling the flowers.I try and keep that vision in my head to get me thru the days..
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Today is 18 post op, and its been a horrible day. I'm having a pain pressure, like bloating and gas type of pain in my stomach. I also started having a watery peach color drainage from my vagina. So I called the dr, and she thinks its the vaginal cuff leaking, but if it gets worse, I may have a fistula. Oh I sooo hope not. I don't want to go back in the hospital or have another surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will go in on monday to have the dr check it out. This gas type pressure pain really hurts, so I am going to take some more gas-x and hope it works. I've been really depressed over all of this, crying alot, but am trying to keep my head up.
Every day seems to be different, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Unread 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM

I'm so glad I found this site. It's nice to see what everyone else is doing and to know I'm not alone in this. I was lucky enough to have had a robotic hysterectomy. I am doing well, but, prior to surgery, I had researched and heard so many positive things about quick recovery time with this procedure that I had expected my body to be back to its normal self by now. Well, it is definitely not. I had planned to return to work on Monday but my abdomen is so swollen, I'm still experiencing pain and my energy level is still very low. Trying to get out and walk every day, but also feeling a need to rest and recover, both emotionally and physically. I had my follow up appointment and was so thrilled to find out that the cancer was all contained within my uterus - not surrounding tissue - and I will not need chemo or radiation.... so I feel like I've been given another chance - as if someone pulled me off the train tracks just as it was barreling in my direction. That said, I still have these emotional swings - crying jags.... t hey seem to just come without any rhyme or reason. I am sure it's the hormones and I am giving it some time... I tend to beat myself up over not being able to do as much as I think I "should." But I know I should be patient with myself. Hugs to all - Happy Easter...
Unread 03-22-2008, 09:56 PM

I also was in excruciating pain Monday evening and had gushing blood Tuesday morning. I went to see my doctor and she sent me straight to the ER. After spending the whole day and most of the evening there, (and having my Mp3 player stolen while I was getting my CT scan), I was told I had a hematoma on my ovary and some other internal brusing. They gave me more pain meds and a couple of antibiotics. Thank goodness my hematoma is draining itself and the serious pain has subsided! I am about over the bleeding though.

I am finding it hard not to get bummed. I really was thinking I would feel much better by now. I guess I just didn't realize what a toll the surgery would take on my body. I am getting so restless, but just going up and down my stairs seems to be a workout for me. I feel like all my muscles are turning to jello!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register