Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi all. I love this site, but I feel like I'm behind everyone else's progress. My doctor told me to epect to be off 6 weeks and at this point I feel like I'll need every second of it.
Today is the first day I've really felt "down." I'm a mixture of all seven dwarfs at one time
I see the doctor tomorrow for my 3 week checkup and I'll see what she thinks. Maybe I'm doing better than I think I am. I just have no energy and can't even focus long enough to read a book.
I went to a friend's house for Easter and did pretty well. After about 4 hours I was way done and needed to come home. I can't even imagine trying to work anytime soon.

Anyone else feeling like this at this point?

Lisa, age 39

Ablation 2/19/08
TAH, vaginal fibroid removed 3/4/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:07 AM

I was thinking that from the end of last week I 've been feeling weaker and that stupid pubic sensitivity is driving me nuts. I wonder if it might be that we all expect to be "much" better and we're only "somewhat" better? "Somewhat" would be in accordance with where we are..but I guess we're all over achievers! As a teacher, that's an expression that I hate, but I do think we think we're super women and that a little hysterectomy ain't gonna get us down! I was scheduled to go back to teaching next Monday but there's no way I can do it so I asked for another week. I will work for a week and then have a week's vacation and that should be just about perfect.
AND..the sun is shining! ya hoo Joan
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Greetings all.
Today called to cancel a few appts. that I had made for this week that were unncecessary. I think I probably could have pulled them off, but one thing I do find is that I don't like driving very far. And I am like an elderly person out on the road---so slow.

By the way, I walk that way too.

Nervous about my post op appt. on Wednesday. Just the unknown. Will she think some of these pains I've had indicate a problem? Will she do an internal and will it hurt? Will she suggest I go back to work on Monday? Will she not allow me to go back until the full 6 weeks?

I'm telling you, I teach stress management and positive self talk but you would never know it. I allow myself to sit with this anxiety and don't even try to manage it....must be some kind of wierd coping mechanism.

ANYWAY! As much as I adore the time I have with my seven year old, it is a relief to have her off to school.

Ok, so I'm sitting here thinking I probably should put some effort into attitude adjustment. More later....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohls
Hi all. I love this site, but I feel like I'm behind everyone else's progress. My doctor told me to epect to be off 6 weeks and at this point I feel like I'll need every second of it.
Today is the first day I've really felt "down." I'm a mixture of all seven dwarfs at one time
I see the doctor tomorrow for my 3 week checkup and I'll see what she thinks. Maybe I'm doing better than I think I am. I just have no energy and can't even focus long enough to read a book.
I went to a friend's house for Easter and did pretty well. After about 4 hours I was way done and needed to come home. I can't even imagine trying to work anytime soon.

Anyone else feeling like this at this point?

Lisa, age 39

Ablation 2/19/08
TAH, vaginal fibroid removed 3/4/08
Wow, four hours....outside of the house....I'm impressed.

I managed to get my bathrobe on, walk downstairs to my dining room, and after 15 minutes, I was done. Back to bed I went.

I've even found writing emails and complaining on here is difficult. <<<sigh>>>
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Hi all. I've been reading how some of you are just bursting with energy and others are finding it difficult to do mundane things, like showering, without needing a rest. I find that, for myself, it varies from day to day. I'll feel really good one morning and can get out to walk, work a bit on my hobbies ( crocheting, my dollhouse, sketching or reading) and still feel good. Other days I feel so drained and tired. It seems as though its 2 or 3 days of feeling good, then a day of feeling not so good. I thought maybe it's that I'm in my late 50's and don't have the energy that I used to have. But, it may just be that progress from this surgery is 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I figure that as long as I have more good days than bad, then it will eventually work out to full recovery. My old energy level has to return sometime. I'm not planning on going back to work, though, until the full 6 weeks are up. So, another 22 days of R&R. Of course, by then, I'll be so used to sleeping late and resting whenever I want to, that it will be hard to just get back into that old routine. I'm becoming spoiled! It makes me look forward to retiring some day. All I know is that we're all individuals and that each of our bodies need a different amount of rest and recovery. We need to listen to our own body and give it what it needs. I applaud those of you who can recover so quickly (am even a bit envious). And, I hope those of you who are taking a bit longer to please be kind and gentle with yourself; know that we're all thinking of you and wishing you well. As they say, "This too shall pass." And, hopefully, very soon, we'll all be able to say how great we feel!
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Hello Sisters!! glad to see everyone had a great EASTER!! I did get up and do my hair put a little make-up on took a 45 mins drive to friends...OMG seemed like the car would never stop (i wasnt driving, it was a nice thought tho lol) about gve myself a heartattack when i saw the dogs coming at me...wheww they were caught in time. had a glass of whine ...haha and wine, which was very nice, didnt eat too scared of the gas pains and didnt want to scare the other guests either. The drive home the same i had my pillow for my belly, but now i know i need one under my back too in the car. Came home tried assisting in the cooking from the chair...well that was funny trying to explain how to season stuff..but we did have dinner wasnt my cooking but it was a meal. I made my kids their baskets and then it took me a hour but i hid all their eggs!!! (16 & 14 still egg hunting gotta luv it) soo just watching them was so entertaining!!! really needed that moment. of course took me a few to remember where they were too. Tried not cleaning the kitchen but the anxioety of the mess got me, so semi cleaned. Def over did it over the weekend..walking and all, got lost in walmart the night before,in pain panicking with no place to sit OMMG what a scare and reality check!!! thats what i get for thinking i could wonder alone. Thought i was gonna pass out in car on the way home, but kept myself composed...I figured oh no i pass out while shes driving...she'll freak out and either crash or pass out herself..then i come too and either crashed or have to pick her up myself!! Or she'll have a heartattack and i can't drive to the hospital..LOL thats what i had to remind myself. Funny how our minds think..in pain and on ther verge of passing out but still thinking of the consequence..kinda like my last surgery when i told doc not in my schedule ha. Anyway today in bed go figure, no attention span as you can tell, dont wanna read...sick on TV nothing on seen it all..and all alone..Oh and found out today my job hired someone in my position!!! emotiona are a roller coaster,physically alot twinges, have to call doc to today to fill him in on progress from stuff...dont want to very scared their gonna make me come in...geez heart going thinking about it..i guess enogh of my blabbering. Ladies i hope everyone has a beautiful day!! Lots of hugges to you all
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Hey Summergrace!

We share the same surgery date and, seemingly, the same experiences (I'm 56 btw). Yesterday I felt great, went to church and had family over for Easter dinner (hubby did most of the work, although I did make the dessert
Today I went out to do a couple of quick errands - by the time I got to the local mall and had to walk from one end almost to the other, I was done! Can't believe it! Because of all the repair work I had done, I could feel my vaginal area starting to swell and I could feel kind of a gushing sensation - envisioned my pants being stained bright red!
When I got home, relieved that it was all contained on the pad and really not that much, but again I was amazed at how much of a back and forth process this recovery is. It is a relief to see the younger sisters having the same experience. I guess we don't realize how much of a toll major surgery takes on your body, period.
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM

T,
I must of misread that you were reopened. I am so glad that you are doing well. I am day 24 and the only time the pain catches me is when I gotta go to the bathroom. I am going to be 30 on the 30th of this month and it is so funny people keep asking me what I want... I just tell them that I want my emotions undercontrol. I give the Dr. alot of credit because I have had to change my meds 3x and it will be changed again this coming week 4-2. I am really glad that I went through with the TAH... I could not take the bleeding and cramping and pain any longer. I hope that everyone had a good holiday.
Chocolate helps every day!!
L
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:47 PM

I had an exhausting day today. I had a follow up appt at my doctor for my ER visit last week. I had my 3rd internal exam in a little less than a week. NOT fun!!! I understand they want to check on the internal vaginal stitches, but OUCH! I think my hematoma has pretty much drained itself.

My doctor told me at this point I still need to be a couch potato and advised me against my trip to Walmart to do some much needed shopping for a few household items. My husband has been wonderful, but he is off to work until 9:30 at night both today and tomorrow and things need bought! It was very exhausting.

I then headed to the pet store for flea shampoo for my 2 cute yorkies. Gotta love flea season in Florida. I have them on Frontline Plus, but I think they have become immune to it. Wouldn't you know it, some poor guy backed his car out of his parking spot into my car while I was stopped at the stop signe! Guess I should have listened to my doctor and went HOME!!! Now my passenger door will only open about half way. Oh well. I am thankful that noone got hurt.

Now, after helping my 13 year old daughter bath the dogs, I have sent myself to COMPLETE rest for the rest of the day. I am totally WIPED OUT!!! I haven't had any pain medication in a few days, but I think I am gonna bust out the big guns now. I am a little sore.

Does anyone else feel like their muscles are turning to jello? I swear it is gonna take awhile to get back into just normal shape.
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Recovery

I am 39 and had a vaginal hyster (uterus and cervix removed) and a bladder lift on 3/6 and was home the following day. Surgery and recovery have been great. After surgery on 3/6, I was up and walking around with assistance - just couldn't lay in that hospital bed any more. Went home on 3/7 and have had no problems at all. Went to the store with my husband and 2 year old on 3/8. On 3/10 I was up and around and working (I work from home). I talked to the doc on 3/11 to ask if I could do more than just sit around and he said sure - just listen to your body. So, I started walking a mile on the tread mill - it was great. I had my 2 week follow-up on 3/21 and have been cleared to do everything but intercourse. Doc said listen to my body and I can begin my normal routine at home and exercise. I had read only depressing stories about this surgery and want people to know that it is not always as depressing as everyone says. If you have a great surgeon and a positive outlook in life, it helps in recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register