Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Recovering well

Well, I must be recovering well. I came back to work today and it's been a good day so far. Of course, with only one hour left to go, I guess I can call it a success. My students claim that they missed me. I don't believe them....but they're being awfully good today, so I'll let it slide.

I did get a little bit gassy after lunch, but I actually eat the school cafeteria food and gas is pretty usual. I can always move to the back of the room and blame it on the gas that's piped in to the lab tables.

It's good to be back. I'm being careful about overdoing it, but I'm so glad that I'm out of hte house and being productive again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

The only reason I have gone to the doctor so much is because of my complications. Otherwise, I think I would have just gone in at 6 weeks.

I can relate to the feeling of not believing how old the kids are. I cannot believe my oldest is going to be 16 next week already. YIKES! I definitely could not imagine having little ones around younger than my 7 year old right now either.

My month just keeps getting better. About the accident yesterday where the guy backed in to my car. The guy's insurance company called me today and told me that his policy was not in effect yesterday. I can't seem to catch a break. Now I have to call my insurance company and see if they can do anything about getting him to pay. I don't have full coverage, so they won't pay. I just wanna cry sometimes.

On a more upbeat note, I DID finally shower! I feel half-way human again.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM

Cygnet, what an ordeal. So glad you are on the other side of it! You sound like you are finding a way to move on and that is great. I must say your story was gripping. I don't always read entries word for word, but did yours. I can't imagine how frightening some of your hospital experience must have been.

Chiaroscuro, glad to hear your return to work is going well.

In addition to reading the posts here (a favorite pass time) , have been reading some great fiction. I think that has been one of my favorite parts of the recovery process. It's been a long time since I've devoured this many books.

Right now I'm reading the Cleft by Doris Lessing. A tale about a time when there were only women living....interesting.

My side pain is subsiding a bit. Glad of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Hi all. I just got back from my 3 week appt. Things are ok, both the abdominal and vaginal incisions are healing well. I'm really having trouble with fatique and the doctor changed my leave to 8 weeks now instead of 6. My work is going to freak. Thank goodness for the family medical leave act!
I don't feel great today and am a little down. The doctor wants me to increase my pain meds and stay down until I see her again in 2 weeks.
Cygnet, I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through. I really hope
your recovery goes well.

Lisa

Ablation, 2/19/08
TAH, Vaginal fibroid removed 3/4/08
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:44 PM
1st day back at work

Well ladies, I was very good and stayed down almost all weekend. This meant that I had little time on the computer because it is upstairs. I came up only a for a few moments so I did not get to catch up on very many posts. I actually see the doctor on Thursday to get released to go back to work. Whoops I went back today. The nurse practioner sort of gave me permission with a lot of restrictions. I took an ice pack and kept it on my stomach off and on most of the day. The kids thought it looked funny because it was the old fashioned kind. I pretty much sat on the stool most of the day which was weird for me and the students because I never sit. They were great though. I did find out that my text book weighs 7 lbs. Good thing it wasn't 10.
My DH weighed all my folders last night and put them into separate piles in the car. He told me I had to make 3 different trips if I had my purse because that way I wouldn't lift over 10 lbs, over protective but sweet.
The hematoma looks like I just spilt wine all over my right side. It is kind of yellow in some spots which is good. That area doesn't hurt anymore, only the wine colored spots. I found out that I am supposed to serve on the interview committee for my replacement (oh yeah, I forgot to mention I am also in the process of moving and trying to find a new job) I just don't think I will feel up to staying until 7pm. That would almost make it a 12 hour day. Teaching is okay but I think I will try and get out of the interviewing. Anyway day one of work was great but I am exhausted and think I will go to bed early. 5:30 comes very quick.
As usual thanks for letting me part of this wonderful group.
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:28 PM

I had my 3 week follow up this afternoon. Everything is going great! Changed my "E" patch, wanted to try a bi-weekly that is smaller than a bandaid. My only restrictions are lifting and the vacumn! I don't miss the vacumn the DH does a great job. He baked a cake today and fix dinner!

I can relate with the teachers. I retired 10 yrs ago at 46 yrs after teaching HS for 25 yrs. It is hard to recoupe and keep lesson plans going for the subs. When I had back surgery in 1990 I had two subs one for my computer classes and one for my college level classes. I remember telling my principal if I came in dressed to casual for class to please send me home. He said," I'm happy you're in the building and I don't care if you wear sweatpants!" He wasn't sending me home! Your classes have missed you and will be on their best behavior til they think you're back to normal.

I'm having more good days than bad. Think positive and follow your Drs orders.
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Post-Op Day 16

Good morning ladies, hope you had a good night of sleep. Sleep is the one thing that does the most healing.

I sat at the computer yesterday working on taxes for about 3 hours and in the late afternoon I wasn't feeling great. I was more tired than I have been and my abdomen was achy, plus my incision was extra sensitive. After dinner I turned in early to watch TV, and lights out at 9. I did sleep well, however, for nine hours. I don't plan to go anywhere today so hopefully I will feel better. From what I have been reading the two week mark is usually where everyone has a some kind of setback.

If I feel okay today I may get out into the back yard to pick up fallen sticks and branches. It has dried out from all of the rain so I think it would do me some good to get outside, it's supposed to be around 60 today. My weight is up about 2 pounds from my lowest so I really need to focus on nutrition to start the weight loss again. That won't happen for real, though, until I can get back to the gym. I may go back on Meridia for a while to get to my goal.

I do plan to do some stamping today as well, and hopefully take the time to upload some new stuff.

Are any of you who haven't had major complications experiencing the two-week setback?

Hope you have a great day of healing!
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:23 AM

hello, ladies glad to see to everyone is feeling better, I feel better today myself. I hate mornings i feel the worst in the morning..maybe because i take my hormone pill at night. Other than a little pain here and there. For the most part been out of the house, noticed if i walk too long or i'm on my feet to long, my belly gets very swollen and hurts, then i feel this wierd pressure, in my chest too. Anyone else get that? Last night i had a cramps on my side..bugged me out a little causse its what i would normal feel before my period when my endo acts..so thats got me concerned..especially since theres nothing in there LOL..I hope everyone enjoys their beautiful day. Lots of hugges and healthy recoveries
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:29 AM

Good morning! Had my exam this morning, and feel great about it. Doc thought everything looked good, and all my minor aches and pains normal.

I did inquire about the left side pain. She said "Hmmm. That's where I stood during the surgery, and probably applied a lot of pressure there." She said people seem to have more pain on one side than the other, and that it varies from person to person. She thinks the "cramping" may be muscle/nerve related.

Anyway, not sure what I thought she might say, but know I was nervous, and glad it went so positively.

She said to come again in a month, and then we would do an internal. No sex until then. Bummer. I asked why she thought I would have increased libido. She said it may just be from not having so many distractions in my life. Interesting thought......She didn't have a medical explanation.

Anyway, have a great day everyone. Did you see where someone was returning to work 8 days after TAH? Wow. We sure have a range of experiences.
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM

I am soo proud of you as well Cygnet!!! My heart and my hand goes out to you. The courage that you have to endure such is absoulately amazing to me...it brings tears to my eyes. I just cant imagine and i have had problems and complications in the past as well..To know how you handle yourself and all that comes your way, gives me the strength and courage to take it one day at a time. Everyone tells me i am such a strong woman and i was doubting it especially in the last few months. But after reading your story you gave it all back to me.Things i fear the most you have just taught me we can pull our selves thru. i fully understand the proud feeling, as i was so proud of my first shower alone. I know REALLY realize it is those little things that make us come a long way. I wish you a healthy recovery, and keep your head up as you should be proud!!! lots of hugges

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register