Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

I'm moving....I do move from the bathroom to the bed and back. Oh, I took a shower last night. I'm up and down at least every 30 minutes trying to pee.

It's such a catch 22.....I need to move, I WANT to move. But when I do, I open up that wound everytime and it bleeds like crazy. Then I bleed and get more weak. I was anemic going into surgery and even more anemic coming out. I just don''t want to bleed.

I can't beleive last week I was walking up my block and back, now I'm back in bed again. I'm going to try to go outside again today, too. Maybe the mailbox. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 07:18 AM

Well, I did it. I got up went to the bathroom, then decided to go down to get my own bowl of cereal, which I did. I was going to sit in the family room but I don't think the ferret cage has been cleaned out since the day I came home so it stinks down there. (will be addressed today). So I decided, it is such a beautiful, cool day I was going to test my butt on the deck furniture. It's very thick so I figured I'd be okay if I sat a little up on my hip. So I think I managed to stay out there maybe 5 minutes. Ate about 3-4 bites of cereal (Raisin Bran), thought about staying in the family room again, gave the dogs their dog treats, came back upstairs, tried to go potty again (no luck), and now back sitting up in bed. I'll try it all again later.

Toodles,
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Congrats

Congrats to you Denise!! It is a great feeling to be able to do Something..anything..I got a bowl of cereal today too and for the first time poured my own milk WOOHOO, didnt have to wait for someone to come home to do it. And cudos to you for the patio i just look at mine. As for ferret cage,yeah i need to address the chinchillas too. I managed to dress myself today feeling a little tired from it, trying to make my morning better, Yesterday was emtionally rough,maybe today will be better. I might get a ride outside today cant wait. Just get more swollen when i move or stand too long. No pain meds for 2 days not even advil...struggling..I slept ok. the potty runs are still way too close in between LOL cant wait till those die down. Try taking the ducolax and some milk of magnesum (spelling sorry)with a bran cereal thats been helping me in the potty dept. Havent be able to nap in the day in like almost 2 weeks, and stay up till like 3am no matter how tired, my brain feels and sounds like a hamster on a wheel..My night sweats havent subsided either..those are driving me crazy..especially cause i get up looking like marge simpson with my hair after.. oh well hope everyone has a beautiful today!! lots of hugges

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM

Hey Lolee8! I had my TAH on March 3rd! I had similar findings when the dr. got in there....my bladder was adhered to my uterus and one of my ovaries was adhered to my pelvic wall....no wonder I was in so much pain and getting bladder infections! I also had 2 previous c-sections and I think this is worse than that---either that or I was just distracted with a baby! I am 3 1/2 weeks out and will be 4 weeks on Monday. I am feeling much better today....finally! My incision is what has bothered me a lot, plus a HUGE bladder infection....but think I am on the mends now!!! Yay!! How about you?
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:04 AM

Hello again
I love reading these threads, it is interesting and gives me something to do!
I have found drinking 2 8oz glasses of water in a half and hour gets the BM moving. I used to make my MIL do it when she was constipated, it worked for her and worked for me, I hope it works for you too! I haven't talked to my surgeon yet, so I am interested in finding out what was adhered to what. I often wondered how it all just floated around in there!
I hope you have a great day. I am feeling up to doing something today, like tidying up- I hope I get something done. Enjoy the outdoors, it is beautiful here today. Ciao.
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:36 AM

Hello Ladies
I have to tell you all. Reading all these threads has been a huge sense of relief for me. Knowing that I'm not the only one feeling the way I am.

I have been extremely emotional and the insomnia has left me exhausted. I still have my ovaries, so I'm sure that it's because all the horomones (depo and estrogen patch) I was on prior to surgery leaving my body. Either way, I hope it calms soon.

I feel very lucky about my progress through recovery thus far. Maybe it's my age. Besides the fact that my children and I are sick, I feel great! I have tenderness around my incision and feel tenderness in the area of my cuff. My husband and I tried the "touching/petting game" last night. I burst out in tears of JOY! For the first time in over 4 years, I was able to enjoy being turned on without this horrible pain that left be incapacitated for 2 days. I am highly anticipating intimacy again!!!

I look forward to hearing how others are progressing on the road to recovery! Thank you all for sharing! Well Wishes!!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Hey Sweetpea35,
Nightsweats, hot flashes and the mood swings all suck... I am in the same boat my meds are still not working. An sleep that is funny because I keep my hubby awake while I watch tv until 3am. Poor him he only gets like 4 hours sleep... Oh well. I hope you have a good day hang in their.
L
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:19 PM

I went shopping today! the husband had left a note "if you go to Target, could you please pick up my pills?" that sounded like a good reason to go out. First I had to check in the credit union because, even tho tomorrow is pay day, I've spent far more sitting at home than I ususally do when I work. It took me a while to figure out that I had my first car payment in 2 years and I bought some patio furniture...duh. Grocery store, Tractor Supply for a visit with a horse friend, Target, and then...Old navy, and a show store. big time.
and tonight some friends and I are going out for dinner at gambling at Saratoga's Racino! woo hoo
Now I just have to rest up until it's time to go! Enjoy the day. Joan
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Greetings all!

I am finding that if I do one or two things a day I can handle it and not get too wiped out. Tuesday I got my hair cut and highlighted - brought my trusty donut with me to sit on even though the chair was padded. Today I got a mani/pedi and again brought my donut - I am getting beyond embarrassed about it. Felt so good to have things tidied up nail-wise and to JUST GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Not Alone

Hey L glad too see someone else is up with me at 3am!! I litterally have to turn the tv off abd do a lights out to myself by 3 or forget it, the sun will be rising...I'm on the highest dose of estrogen i was hoping that would kick in to gear anytime now...I did go out today woohoo, paid a bill, went to the humane society looked at some animals to satisfy my AWWWW feeling LOL, went to the fruit market..But i have come to the conclusion i do not ride well in cars...i get so car sick its awful, and its not the bumps (well Yeah) its the turns that hurt me. I feel like my insides fall from one side to the other.Anyone else get that? Same if i try and lay on my side..is it cause there's more room now so my organs slide over or what? BY the OMG CUDOS to anyone in the intimate dept.... I am so scared of the area!!!! I'm scared of any stimilation hurting me. Although any suggestions on shaving? I still cant bend over yet..and again my old incision is the one giving me more of a problem than the new ones..but i'm glad to see all of us posting...i will crawl to my laptop to get to this site LOL!! Lots of hugges

R

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register