Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hello Ladies,
Had another doc visit today, and he took out every other staple. My incision is about 10in long, but seems 3ft!! :-) It does actually feel a bit better, but it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Of course, having taken a Percocet an hour earlier helped..tee hee. I'm sooo alergic to pain!
My incision is still oozing some, and two of the openings from the hysterectomy are not healing well, so he told me be sure not to miss any antibiotic pills, and change dressings at least twice a day. He answered all my questions, but still not quite understanding why I wouldn't be going thru menopause if I've had everything taken out. I'm 57, and never went thru the change. I told him how sometimes I get very heated, but not breaking out in a sweat. It just feels good to fan myself. My very dear sister had sent a pkg a few wks ago, and it was the prettiest fan with a wood handle. I feel very stylish now. And, speaking of my sis, I have to share this news with you. This is my youngest sis, who I had mentioned posts ago that she had lymphatic cancer. She called me, and we both cried for awhile because she had just received the results from her recent PETscan, and it was negative, the doctor said to come back in about 3months! There was that lingering chance that she would have to continue with chemo treatments after her 6th one, but now she doesn't. Oh..the power of prayer!
I was very happy that I finally was able to have a bm this morning before leaving for my appt. Totally new human!! I have to keep reminding myself to drink more liquids during the day, especially just the water. I have cut my soda intake WAY down, maybe 3 a wk. I love all types of juices, and real cold water. When I drink milk, I use the little tin measuring cup I keep in the freezer. Anybody else with this little habit?
The ride to the appt went well, mainly because I didn't have to travel into the main office. Once a month, the surgeon and his 2 nurses travel to the satelite office, much closer to my house. The wait tho...I got there in time, but didn't actually see him till almost an hour later. I was starting to fall asleep! His nurses are like angels, and it is always nice to see them. My doctor is such a nice man, and very caring. After the exam, he told me to make an appt for next week, so maybe the rest of the staples will come out then. He said I'll probably be ready to go back to work in a few more wks.
Because I was so good at the appt, and because they don't give out suckers....my hubby said if I felt up to it, he will drive me out to my favorite store in Ellicott City. YES!!! It was good timing too, because it wasn't heavy traffic time, and it was not the weekend. This is in the historic area, and Main St is so pretty with the neatest little shops. I had found one that sells Webkinz, which my granddaughter and I have become addicted to.
We were so lucky to find a spot almost in front of the store, but it was a bit tricky getting out of the car due to the fact that the sidewalk curbs are SOOO high. I had a nice time in the store, just shuffled around a bit, but I picked up a few of the little animals and figurines to play with online when I got back home. Hubby and I then walked a bit up and down the street. The fresh air felt soooo good! Hubby then asked if I wanted to go for some lunch. Oh heck, why not? At first I kind of cringed because I'm thinking how weird I must look, but that would have to be someone else's problem, right? I had not washed my hair, so I told hubby that my ballcap would have to remain on. I had no bra or undies on, but wearing a sz larger sweat pants (comfort over the belly) that has pink stripes down the side, a soft knit pullover shirt in small blue/white stripes, and to cover all this, a black light weight jacket. And, my purple Crocs. How stylish was that?! :-)
I ordered my fav dish, pot roast, and had plenty of leftovers which will probably be my dinner tonight. When we got back home, the weather was ok, so I told hubby that I would like to walk down to the mailbox. I thought this would be good to take a little stroll after the nice meal. We live in a split foyer, so I was again proud of the way I came back up the stairs to the main living area. It's getting easier, and less painful.
I returned a few phone calls, the main one was to my boss's boss. I thanked him for returning my call. It's a long story, but I've been having some problems dealing with the HR and Benefits dept, and I DON'T need to, nor should I even HAVE to be doing this. It's THEIR screw-up!
I really enjoy reading thru everyone's postings, and like many others have said, it's comforting to know that I'm not 'the only one', and also I enjoy the humor. Thank you ladies, for the sunshine!
Sending out hugs and wishes for a great weekend for all.
xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Dr's visit

Well ladies, I went to the doctor today for my 3 week check up. I had my school shirt on which was kind of dumb because my first question was "When can I go back to work?" He just looked at me funny and asked if I always wore my school shirt. I fessed up and told him that I had been working since Tuesday.
He wasn't exactly happy but I told him that I sort of had clearance from the nurse practioner. I also told him that I am sitting most of the day and I use the ice pack also. and that the kids don't let me pick up anything I drop and I am not lifting. He said that was okay .

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS.
NO Cancer cells found I definitely had endometriosis and adenomyosis with enlarged ovaries. but no cancer.
He also said that my hematoma area looked better but I will still need to be monitored closely but I can live with that.
I hesitated to write today because I have been reading the post and Denise, I am praying for you. I think it is great that you were able to get up for a little bit

Stamper, I viewed the cards they are wonderful. I scrapbook but haven't felt like it lately. You are an inspiration.
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:29 PM

I enjoyed a relaxing cup of celestial seasons herbal "tummy tammer" hot tea and watched the rain. I got my hair highlighted and cut today. It has helped with the self-esteem! I drove to the Jesse James farm (historic site) just a short distance from the house to see the new exhibits on display.
I attached a website you might enjoy. link removed per website TOS I'm pictured in the FOTJF Event Pictures. The Day "Jesse","Frank" & "Zerelda" came home. It was a 100 degrees that day in August. I'm glad I wasn't the only one having a hot flash! There is also a link you can take to tour the house and the 40 acre farm. There always seems to be wildlife near by (usually turkey, deer & rabbits). In the spring the stream/creek sounds like a mountain stream and the wind blows gently in the trees. It is so relaxing and peaceful there.
This evening our son and wonderful DIL met us for dinner. My DH enjoyed not having to do the cooking & dishes! The day has passed quickly. I've had a few sharp adominal pains. I figure the muscles/nerves are finally settling down as they are fewer and farther between.
I've notice several of you have had the 3 am bedtimes. I've had them too! Muscle spasms seem to be more active a night. I started misting the bed linens with a relaxing floral scent and it seems to have helped me drift off to sleep faster rather than feeling like a fish out of water for an hour!
I hope your night is a restful one. If you are having spasms tonight remember you are not alone. We have 3 weeks behind us and there are new "HysterSisters" tonight in the hospitals just starting the healing process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Post-Op Day 18

Hi ladies,

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts fron yesterday. It sounds like we are all enjoying some progress in the right direction! I was happy to hear all the positive reports.

Yesterday it rained most of the day. I still didn't feel well and about 10 got back into bed. I turned on my sound machine to the ocean, put on my sleep mask, got comfortable... never did get to sleep. I kept thinking about the beach in South Carolina!! So though my body felt like sleeping, my mind didn't. I got up around 11 and took a shower. After having some lunch I stamped some, but was not happy with the results. Then around 4:00 a cloud kinda lifted and I started feeling better - exactly 48 hours after I started feeling bad!! It had stopped raining and was warmer so I went for a short walk, had a snack, and got into bed around 8. Lights out at 9 and I slept like a baby, even though after DH got in around 10:30 he tossed and turned from having a cold. I didn't hear a thing!

I feel GREAT this morning! My incision is a little sensitive but even the worst part at the bottom is doing much better.

I made the mistake of reading another forum about sex, orgasm, response, etc. Don't do it!! That must've been on my mind as I slept b/c I had the most wonderful sex dream about DH (all my sex dreams are about him... well once I did have one about Brad Pitt). I think I had an O in my sleep! I have always thought that sex is mostly in the mind and so now I am looking forward to resuming sex when I am cleared to do so and when my incision is less sensitive. DH is younger and though we both enjoy sex it is not a huge part of our life - sometimes we go several months without. And I'm not too worried about the size of my vagina b/c DH was not incredibly blessed in that area but now maybe we will both enjoy it more being more evenly matched.

It is raining again this morning. My plan is to do a few things around the house, stamp a little, pick up a few things at the store, and force myself to work on our taxes. I am sure I am on the upswing again!!

I wish everyone a happy day of healing!
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:33 AM

Let's see....18 days postop. Well, I woke up bleeding again this morning with some cramping. I don't think the two are related. The bleeding seems to be coming from that same incision site and the cramps are in the pelvic area. I slept really well last night, probably too well and probably opened up the incision when I repositioned in my sleep. So DH dressed it out again and now I'm staying put until it stops.

I am still determined to get out of here before noon today and going to get my nails done!!!!! Then on Monday, if all goes well, I'm going to get my hair done. I want to see how the sitting goes with the nails first.

Little Stamper: My dreams definitely revolve around Ty Pennington and only Ty Pennington! I don't care that he has a long time girlfriend. I've told DH many times, I'd burn down my own house for chance at that scrawny little carpenter! LOL I've loved him since he was on Trading Spaces. So I consider we have a long-term relationship. :-)

DH :-p~~~~
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox
I am getting full use of my yoga pants, I may try my sons boxers though, sometimes I swear I can feel the flower pattern on my girlie undies.

omg,,, you sure made me chuckle withat that flower pattern thing. I 've been to Target 3 times and Walmart once trying to find underwear that doesn't hurt either my row of incisions or my pubic bone area. I did end up with men's boxer briefs. I thought I was getting them big enough ( a size bigger than my waist) but discovered that I probably needed bigger..I had a TLH with the robot and they took everything so there's lots of space for the other stuff to relocate itself..which it seems to be doing. I got Hanes..the MIchael Jordan stuff..the pocket area seems to add some extra protection to my front that ladie's panties do not. Remember Petti Pants? they're what we wore under culottes back in the day as a slip of sorts. I was wearing a pair of those under jeans when I bought the michael jordans and I wondered if I was even going to get home because the petti pants were sooo thin that they really allowed the jeans to chafe. I put those boxers on and wow..what a difference. I got the knit ones..and I ahve really skinny legs to thelegs look very different on me than they do on the guy on the package! ...welll, truth be told, .everything looks very different!
Today might be a better day for all of us. Yesterday kinda was the pits. Joan

I took the easy way out. Since I am not spotting/very little discharge, I just decided not to wear any underwear. It's wonderful!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:47 AM
half way to the magic 6 weeks mark!!!!!!!!

I thought I would go CRAZY waiting for time to pass to the 6 weeks point, but I am half way there. It's gone pretty fast so far. I have been incredibly blessed with an easy recovery. My heart goes out to all of you having troubles. Not sure how I would handle it.

I am pretty much back to my normal life, except for heavy lifting/vacuuming. I was bad and went grocery shopping by myself. It was not a full cart so I was okay. However, I did find that I needed both hands to push it, so couldn't talk on the phone! I have been able to work from home almost from the first week after surgery. I work in the office only 2 days a week for about 4 hours each, so I have been back to work for a couple of weeks. I am a bookkeeper so I am mostly sitting anyway. It's great to take the laptop to bed and work!! So comfy!

I find mornings are the best time. Nothing is swollen or sore. I actually enjoy getting up! I, too, have had sleep disturbances. Drinking some sleepy time tea (camomille/mint) and taking a melatonin help somewhat. Clean sheets help, too. But sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night I just have to come out to the living room and fall back to sleep watching TV. Someone suggested they sleep better if they have walked during the day. I decided to try that the other night--so at 10pm I went for a walk in our neighborhood. I did feel great when I got done and slept pretty well that night.

I have been to the doctor once about 5 days post to get my staples out (it was WONDERFUL to get them out) and she gave me my path report then. All was good. I don't go back until my 6 weeks check up.

Yeah, sex scares me, too!! I think I did have an O in my sleep one night, though! It is nice that my husband is starting to look a little more attractive to me. Maybe by the time I get my "clearance", I will see him as the STUD I know he is!

Here's to everyone's quick and healthy recovery!!!

God bless,
teresa
03/06 TAH/kept ovaries
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Little Stamper..you really crack me up!!!! Sean Connery is still the sex god to me...makes me show my age. "Bond, James Bond"

[b]Denise[/B[..I woke up to 2 more inches of snow! I know it's worse in other places but I was really enjoying the almost 40 degrees yesterday...hope thta spring was coming. Now I think I'm back in the winter doldrums..that's an official season, right????

ttsmurphy81-I go "comando" at home in a bathroom but can't if I want or need to be dressed..the skin is just too sensitive. they told me that when the vaginal cuff stitches start to dissolve there might be some spotting and I"m really dreading that...will have to wear something all the time.

In spite of the snow, I went out the "racino" with friends last night..Thurs night buffet is $13..and it has quite a variety. Then we wandered among all the slot machines and each won about $8..not even enough to pay for dinner but it was fun to get out. I did get tired about 9 ish but I was pretty happy with myself!

I had to call the dr's office late yesterday afternoon...two little ends of stitch were coming out of one incision..DH thought we should pull it...I cringed and hesaid I was a wimp. true! But I did call the nurse said to leave it..cover it with a bandaid if it was botheriing me..and it was so I did. Right at my waist line where my pants/underwear hit. So now I'm wearing a bathrobe and a bandaid! Have a great day, Ladies! Joan
Unread 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM

Yeah!!!! I drove today for the first time!! I normally drive my rodeo, but its 5 speed, so my husband moved all the carseats into our minivan. It didnt hurt!!! So, I'll be going to pick my son up from school too. I'm so excited.

I haven't tried to get a round to any shopping yet. After being at my churches Easter egg hunt for 45 minutes, my belly muscles were exhausted. I'm able to tighten my belly muscles now. Not for long periods of time, but its almost rewarding just to be able to do it again.

Does anyone have some really GOOD tips for insomnia. I cant fall into a deep sleep, because of my kids. Anything to help me stay asleep through the night would be appreciated.

Oh, my man of choice would be Matt Sanders, aka. M. Shadows lead singer of A7X. I love musicians.

Seems like everyone is doing ok today so far!!! Best wishes all!
Unread 03-28-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynrichie
Yeah!!!! I drove today for the first time!! I normally drive my rodeo, but its 5 speed, so my husband moved all the carseats into our minivan. It didnt hurt!!! So, I'll be going to pick my son up from school too. I'm so excited.

I haven't tried to get a round to any shopping yet. After being at my churches Easter egg hunt for 45 minutes, my belly muscles were exhausted. I'm able to tighten my belly muscles now. Not for long periods of time, but its almost rewarding just to be able to do it again.

Does anyone have some really GOOD tips for insomnia. I cant fall into a deep sleep, because of my kids. Anything to help me stay asleep through the night would be appreciated.

Oh, my man of choice would be Matt Sanders, aka. M. Shadows lead singer of A7X. I love musicians.

Seems like everyone is doing ok today so far!!! Best wishes all!
Ambien or Ambien CR 5 mg. is a light enough dose to help you sleep and stay asleep but you are not so deep in sleep you won't wake up if necessary. I had a daycare and often had littles stay over night so I needed to be aware of my surrounds at the time. I never missed a little one wake up in the middle of the night.

Love them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register