Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Jeannieeliane,

So sorry to hear about the stones. Hope they pass soon. I hope you like key lime pie because that is the yogurt flavor I will eat in your honor.

Does anybody think Carter osterhouse (spelling) is cute. I can't decide if I like him or Ty better.

I also have found that silk pajamas feel really good against the skin at night. They also keep me cooler. Mine are not very sexy though. They have Marmaduke on them hugging a pillow.

On a humorous note, It was luau (spelling) week at school with an after school dance for the middle school kiddos. The teacher next door to me bought the whole team leas (ah heck I can't seem to spell correct anymore) You know the hawian flower necklaces. He gave me mine and I cracked up laughing. He couldn't quite get the humor. How was I supposed to tell him that I got " laed" at school when I can't have any sex with my husband for another 6 weeks. When I tried to tell him what I was laughing about, the poor guy just turn beat red. He looked like he was the one with hot flashes.

My principal announced today that I was voted by my peers to be the teacher of the year for our school. When she announced it she told the students to congratulate me and give me a hug. She then told them not to hug me too hard or it might undo the "work I had done" Now the kids think I really had a boob job LOL I wish that was all. Anyway hope this finds you all well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Ambien or Ambien CR 5 mg. is a light enough dose to help you sleep and stay asleep but you are not so deep in sleep you won't wake up if necessary. I had a daycare and often had littles stay over night so I needed to be aware of my surrounds at the time. I never missed a little one wake up in the middle of the night.

Love them!

Thank you for the advise. I called my doc today, and that is what they prescribed. I'm gonna take it soon, so hopefully I can get some sleep!!!

As for the kidney stones, you poor thing. I cant even imagine. I've never had them and pray that I never do! Hang in there!!!!

In regards to the on going discussion on famous people....

I've met a few famous people. I was in my high school traveling choir and while on tour, I met Ray Charles and Donald Trump in NY. Then I waitressed at T.G.I. Fridays through college and waited on Donovan McNabb, Phila Eagles QB, who happens to be my husbands #1. I was also a huge Dale Ernhardt fan, and me him as a kid. I was Little miss jr. PA when I was 6 and met Vanna White. My mom was a local records mgr for bands like Hooters, Cyndi Lauper and Sojourn, Flaming Harry. Burt Renyolds, I didnt, but my mom when she was at Jupiter Theater in FL. Theater Producer Richard Aiken was a close friend.

Hope all you ladies get a good night sleep and have a great day tomorrow!!!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Hey Little Stamper....not only have I found in you a fellow Webkinz lover...but also a stamper too! I also scrapbook. When my granddaughter comes over, she likes to play "punches" as she calls it. The door to my craft room has two long pocket holders and they are filled with punches. I love making cards, and albums. My neighbor in fact had framed the Christmas card I made last year. Many people tell me I should quit work, and just sell my homemade albums and cards. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I will have my DH put my die-cut machines up on the dining room table so I can play with them.
To help me relax at night for sleep, I try not to eat too late. Sometimes I get so thirsty, but have to control the amount or I'd be up many times during the night. I'm still sleeping in the recliner for comfort, and I can reach the pole lamp right behind me. I will sometimes fall asleep with the tv on, but usually I just read a bit, then play a few rounds on the small electronic yahtzee game. I know that I need to start weaning myself in the next week or so from the late hours, because this will NOT do when I am released to go back to work. My work hrs are 7-3pm.
Oh, and I haven't worn a bra or panties since the surgery. I did put on my sweat pants a few times, but usually just wear a soft knit nightgown or a housecoat. If I get chilled, I'll put my hoody sweatshirt on. My mantra...comfort...comfort...comfort! :-)
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Hello All. Glad to hear most of you are recovering well and I am so sympathetic to the kidney stones. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Hang in there.Relief will come soon.
I am on day 23 and feeling good. Yesterday I went to work for 2 hours. I have a desk job. It went well. I was back to feeling soooo normal. Today I woke up a bit achy but moving around seems to get rid of that. Still plan on taking a nap today. I start work on Monday for half days. I am sure I will be pooped.
Unread 03-29-2008, 11:43 AM

Congrats Callie, I'm not sure whether it is for being voted teacher of the year or getting 'laid' at school!
DAY 22 for my TAH and I feel great, have slept in my bed since day 1, I sleep on my back or left side (with a pillow wedged against me) and sleep 9 hours. I wake up when I turn and am awake for about 45 minutes at 3 but other than that no complaints. I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach. I have had a few warm flashes, should I be worried I am not going through menopause yet or is there a possibility that it will happen on its own, not surgically induced.
I hate the gas pains, but they too are subsiding, basically it is just the incision site that is tender to the touch. I am happy I can cough and sneeze, get out of a chair, and drive all without extra effort or pain.
I seem to have lost my attention span and enthusiasm, can it be surgically removed. I have scrapbooking calling me, and cupboards to sort out and blank canvases requiring attention and I just can't seem to find the energy to get at it, I thought I would spend my 6 weeks catching up on this stuff, instead I spend my days reading, watching t.v., and ... yea that is all. So when will my energy level come back...
Famous people... I went to high school with Wayne Gretzeky for two years, I said 'hi' to Carol Pope (punk rocker) I saw Lesley Neilson at the airport and took his picture, I went on the set of the new Addam's family (now old) and met the crew, I went to the author that wrote Field of Dreams- W.P. Kinsella's house to have some books signed, I met the actors on DaVinci Inquest (a Vancouver based show) my cousin was 2nd AD on. I am wracking my brains to think of more but really that is my only celeb connection.
My dream sex... Brad Pitt, Mathew McCaunaghy, the usual, no big imagination there I will keep thinking on that!
Have agreat day ladies, I hope I won't hear those kidney stones passing from way up here, but I hope they slip on by. Ciao
Unread 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Wow Callie..I missed the "teacher of year"! congrats!
Today I was feeling pretty good as I stayed home all day yesterday, but then we went to H&R Block and we owe the Feds but will get about the same back from the State. My husband retired at the end of '06 so I figured we'd get a whole bunch back, but that wasn't the case. About halfway thru the meeting I started to get really achy and a little nauseated. I managed to get thru the rest of it and back home in the recliner and now I feel a bit better. Saltines and ginger ale can fix anything.
I don't think I've really met any famous people but I did go to college with Stephen King.. he was a year behind me at the University of Maine..back in the day! Oh ya..my EX is a sports caster ...and my current husband used to want to watch that sportscast because he said the EX did a better job than the other sportscasters. Lucky for me we moved out of state so it's not an issue any more. I suggested that I put a pic of his EX on the TV screen occasionally at 11 pm to see how romantic he'd feel.
We are nearing the 4 week mark, Ladies! good on us! Joan
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:38 AM
close to the 4-week mark

Well, life's been good to me. I'm healing well, work has been...well...work, but do-able, and I'm getting caught up on household chores. I actually mowed the backyard yesterday with no problems except the heat (low 80s and very humid).

I did get kind of strange in the shower this morning and I actually "shaved" those pesky lil ends of stitches that were sticking out of my belly-button incision. They weren't a problem, but I would find myself scratching at them, so I figured it was time for them to go.

I've got a fun-filled day ahead of me today. Going to church, then off to the Bayou City Arts Festival to see my brother, who has a booth there with his fabulous artwork. I'm praying that the rain will hold off. Then I'll come home, run another couple loads of laundry and get ready for work tomorrow. I might even vacuum up the copious amounts of dog hair that have been shed with the coming of spring.

My heart goes out to all of you who are having a rough time in recovery and dealing with other issues. You're in my prayers.
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:17 PM

Happy Sunday Princesses!

Can you believe it? We made it three whole weeks!!! I am very close to feeling like my old self again! I am having some incision pain but I took ibuprofen this morning with my regular meds - am wearing jeans - albeit big ones - and am doing really well. I showered, made the bed, made breakfast and cleaned up, stamped, got paperwork ready so I can actually work on our taxes, and stamped some. Even cleaned up all my stamps and put them away!

After my shower my incision scabs were soft so I removed some of them - remember when you were a kid and could't resist? None of them were stubborn so I didn't feel like I was messing with something I shouldn't. My incision is looking a lot better. I think I'm going to go ahead and get some Mederma.

Cygnet - prayers for continued healing progress for you. I found it difficult to stamp the first week b/c I couldn't concentrate. I feel now like I can be creative again, and it's wonderful. What company's stamps to you use the most? Stampin' Up is my exclusive and was for six years before I became a demonstrator. I think their products are the best I've seen.

Chiaroscuro, I can't believe you mowed the grass, are vacuuming, and are going back to work!! I still won't vacuum and am really careful about lifting. I wish you all the best and am amazed at your progress.

The board is pretty quiet this weekend so I hope that means everyone is well enough to start getting back to their lives. Tomorrow some coworkers are supposed to come for a visit and bring lunch, and I am going to go walk at the gym. Can't wait!

Since it's so nice out, I think I'll see if DH wants to go for a walk. Then I'll start dinner. I'm enjoying cooking again, too.

*HUGS* to all!
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:20 PM

A bright sunny, but cold day here in the northeast. I felt really good when I got up this morning. Read an email from my friend who said she was headed to the barn to ride and take care of my horse so got dressed and met her there. I actually got there before she did so I actually managed to shovel one wheelbarrow full of "it" and it felt soo good! I think I have missed taking care of him as much as I miss riding him. She finished cleaning as I didn't want to push my luck but so far so good. then she rode him and he was *pretty good*..he feels he's better than any rider so he has to test them to make sure they're up to his standards! I've only had him for a year and we were making great progress with my convincing him that I could be the boss!
I came home and showered and have been loafing the rest of the day. I have been thinking about my return to school in a week and I need to create a razzle-dazzle class for Tues as I'm having my annual observation on that day. yuck. I teach gifted and talented kids and we have to write our own curriculum ...no texts provided. I'm starting a unit on animated films; my sub is showing the kids the movies my students made last year so they will have some idea about where we're headed. We're big into "constructivism" so I will have to create a lesson whereby the kids can "make their own sense" out of the idea of animation.
off topic again...back to health..feeling really good...still tire easily and can't sit up or stand for extended periods..need to keep changing position. AND..I'm wearing big girl panties today! ya hoo! Joan
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:35 PM

I had a pretty busy morning/afternoon today. I went to church and then took my daughters clothes shopping. It took over 2 hours to find my 9 year old two pairs of shorts and 4 shorts. It is ridiculous how they make clothes anymore. I actually ended up buying her drawstring shorts out of the juniors section. All the cute girls clothing is only up to like a size 7 or 8.

After that I watched The Assassination of Jesse James with the hubby. That movie was 2 hours and 40 minutes long. By then I was pretty tuckered out. I just got up from a 3 hour nap.

I can't believe that my thighs are actually sore from all the walking I did today. I am so out of shape from all the lounging around. My "you know what" is achy too. I think I pushed myself a little too hard today. I could feel it at the store, but I was determined to find something for my growing girl.

Well, I am gonna watch Highlander: The Source with the hubby now. I hope everyone has a GREAT Monday. As great as they can be anyways. They are usually good for me. All 4 of the kids go to school and the hubby goes to work. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the house to myself for awhile. (Me and my 2 yorkies anyways.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register