Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

What a great variety of women we are! My baby just turned 37 in Feb and my first born will be 41 in October..egads..I'm having trouble with the whole idea that I feel in my 40's and yet I have a son the same age!
So on the weight loss front...I came home from surgery 7 pounds heavier than when I went in the day before. I guess it was the hydration..they sure pumped the fluids into me. This morning I was one pound less than pre op so that was good. BUT..in the mail today I received a shoe box sized package of choc chip cookies from a dear friend in Maine. She has a secret ingredient and her cookies are like no others! I will eat every one of them to save my husband from gaining weight! What a good wife I am!
I saw the sun for about 10 minutes and now it's pouring and foggy...yuck..the cookies make it all better! Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyladybuc
DeniseS

I live in Spring Hill, Florida. It is about 45 minutes north of Tampa. I hear you about the humidity and crazy hot summers. I wouldn't trade it for a cold winter though. I am dying to work on my tan, but I just don't feel up to it yet. I guess that probably sounds crazy since all I would be doing is laying there. I think it is the heat though. I tried laying out once last week. I don't have a pad on my lounge chair either and it was a little too hard for me. Where at in South Florida did you live?

I hope you have a nice visit to the hair dressers. I hardly ever go get my hair done. I never like it when I get it cut. It always makes me feel worse about myself instead of better.

As for the clothes issue making some of you feel frumpy from lounging in sweats and stuff, it is pretty much usual for me. Not regular sweats, but I LOVE the sweat capris. I wear them all the time anyways. They really have so many different cute ones anymore. Even Walmart has some adorable ones for $10. I guess maybe because I have so many it doesn't bother me to wear them. I pretty much live in those, drawstring shorts and lowrise capris made with stretchy material. (denim, khaki, etc.) I am all about comfort. Of course looking cute doesn't hurt either.

As for going back to work, I am glad that is at least one thing I do not have to worry about. I am a stay at home mom of 4 and am currently working on my Bachelor's degree in Criminology. Fortunately, the classes I am taking are through The University of South Florida online so I have been able to keep up on them. My teachers gave me a postponement on the exams until I was able to focus better from all the meds. Thank goodness. I was able to make those up last week since the fog cleared even to concentrate.
I know exactly where Spring Hill is. My mom's ex-boyfriend's sister lives there. :-) I was born, raised, and lived in Hollywood up until about six years ago when my husband went back into the Navy and the the Navy moved us up here to Virginia. My mother and grandfather were both born and raised there, as well. It's soooo different there than what we grew up in. I'm glad we don't live down there anymore. We also did three years in Jacksonville when my husband was in the Navy the first time around about 20 years ago.

The hairdresser was a little bit rougher than I thought it would be. I have a kagillion stitches inside and out so it was very difficult to sit. I can see why my dr. gave me 8-12 weeks off. I have a desk job and I really can't sit comfortably for more than 10 minutes at a time so I can't imagine all day. It was nice to put real clothes on for a change. Capri's and a tank with my Coach sneakers. Did have quite enough energy for the make up.

I live in Virginia Beach now but have never once been to the beach here. I have no desire or patience to sit out in the sun. I think once I heal from all of this before I go back to work I'm going to try one of those spray tans. Too much skin cancer in the familiy from all those hot south Florida sunny days.

Take Care,
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Wow! Four weeks today!!!

I'm NOT energetic today, but I think that is 'cuz I did my first big workout on my ellipitical last night. I've been stuck at the computer all day helping the twins do social studies reports. Ugh. Soon I will go lie down before it's time to start dinner.

I'm so looking forward to getting out in my gardens in a couple of weeks. I did go out and supervise my teenage boys one weekend. I'm sure it looked odd to the neighbors, standing over them and not lifting a finger.

I also look forward to my bowels returning to normal and pray my libido does. It skyrocketed the first couple of weeks after the surgery. What a waste! Now it seems to have disappeared... it's got two weeks to get back where it belongs!

I was out of my jamas by the second week and feel like I've been running ever since. I'd dearly love to be able to go back to bed for a couple of days, but oh well. It's just not an option.

I do okay shopping, cooking, driving carpool, etc, then I hit a wall where I just feel exhausted and weak and shaky. It seldom hits when I have the luxory of laying down though.

I'm just glad that I can finally step it out and walk at more than a snail's pace without pain! Yeah!

Best wishes to those of you with complications! My thoughts and prayers are with you! If anybody sees my missing libido, please send it back! I miss it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 04:13 PM

NoMo, I just saw where you are from, I am in Kaysville, we had surgery the same day, 4 week mark woohoo. I was looking forward to working in the garden soon, but the 3 inches of snow are a set back! Probably for the best. Maybe in the mean time my libido will make an appearance as it also seems to be missing, maybe went south to avoid the weather! Take care!
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:40 PM

Callie44 :
As to your question --
"Here is my question Was I rude? He went and talk to the doctor directly and my test is stat, today at 3:00. I also requested my follow up to be with my PA and not the new one."

I don't think you were unreasonable. It's your health & you know best how you feel. BTW, I found myself in a similar situation -- requesting what I thought was what I needed even when the DR said otherwise.

Good luck with the testing.
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerseeker
Callie44 :
As to your question --
"Here is my question Was I rude? He went and talk to the doctor directly and my test is stat, today at 3:00. I also requested my follow up to be with my PA and not the new one."

I don't think you were unreasonable. It's your health & you know best how you feel. BTW, I found myself in a similar situation -- requesting what I thought was what I needed even when the DR said otherwise.

Good luck with the testing.
The first doctor I went to see at the Navy Women's Clinic was a jerk. I didn't like his manner or his exam when I went to see him with the problems that led to this surgery. He was rude and seemed rushed. I waited a month for him to call me regarding surgery before I finally called him. He never called me back. I finally got in touch with another doctor this time a female. She was terrific. I told him about my experience with the first doctor and boy, oh, boy did people fly into action. The female OB/GYN that I saw said that she was going to send me to the Uro-GYN that we had on staff. I was in her office scheduled for testing within two weeks. As soon as doctor #1 found out that I was seeing the Uro-GYN who by the way is a Commander vs. the first doc who was a Lt. he called me and said he had an opening in his surgical schedule in the next two weeks. My Uro-Gyn said no...she wanted to personally handle my case. If I would have gone back to that first doc he would have just given me a straight hysterectomy and not even addressed the multitude of other issues I had. I am so glad that I didn't just settle for the first doctor. One thing I have definitely learned over the years.....never settle for a doctor you don't connect with. I found out through a friend that is a Mom/Baby nurse on the OB floor that no one liked that first doctor. Everyone loves the docs I have now!
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
4 week post-op

Well, I had my 4-week appt today. Doc poked, prodded, and pronounced me fit as a fiddle. No restrictions, back to full normal activities, including sex...provided I can find me a willing fella as there are currently none waiting in the wings. (sigh)

I told her I felt 10 years younger and was ready to run a marathon and she said go for it, as long as I do the 26 week training beforehand. I'll settle for getting in shape enough to do a half-marathon since some of my students are insisting I run with them in the half next January. At least I'll still have some left-over pain pills if my age catches up to me during training.

My next appt with the doc will be in Sept for my annual. I knew there was a reason to keep my cervix. I've been seeing the doc and staff so often for months that they feel like friends. And, like friends, they're always happy to relieve me of cash.

Best of luck to all my "week" sisters. I'll keep praying that you enjoy a full recovery with no further complications or complaints.
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Congrats to you on a successful 4 week visit! Sorry about the man thing. I can relate. I have a husband but we're separated so that's a bust. Oh, well. I'll just be happy to feel complete again! Good luck with yoru 1/2 Marathon!!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
back to work

Went back to work yesterday, 4 wks post op LAVH. It was SO much harder than I expected (I'm super-woman you know

Puttering about the house, taking walks, etc., I thought I was ready to roll. Not so much. I have a desk job and sitting more upright for so long has greatly increased my abdominal discomfort. I am also very tired (as expected). Now dealing with insomnia & swelly belly - which I didn't have before I went back!!!! ARRRGH. Yesterday and today I skipped outta work early with my boss' blessing. I've taken 1/2 pill of pain meds (which I haven't needed for 2 wks) and changed into a night gown as soon as I got home.

I'm always someone who pushes myself too hard. People have been now telling me that they couldn't believe I stayed out "so long". Apparently all bets were on my coming back early. I THOUGHT I was being conservative (I was betting on 3 weeks - HA).

So note to self and my sisters - TAKE YOUR TIME, GET YOUR REST! Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories. Its good to know we are not alone.

- Marie in Orlando, FL
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:39 AM

Hi Ladies,
I really enjoyed reading thru all the recent postings. I'm so happy to hear that alot of you are feeling so good lately. Twinges of jealous pop up, and I wonder why can't I be 'UP' there too. I do have NO desire to go back to work right now. And it's not all because of the extreme headache that corp office is giving me right now regarding my benefits. I work as a front desk clerk at a hotel, which means most of my day I am standing. And I'm just not up to doing that yet. Before surgery, it was very unlike me to sit down alot during the day, but that was due to me being severely anemic, and I had NO energy at all. It's very rare that I would call out sick, but I did that for two days, before the doc appt that sent me off in an ambulance to be admitted.
I haven't been dressed except to go to the appt's, so maybe tomorrow, I will put my comfy sweats on and see how it goes. I've been wearing just my soft knit long nightgown, or a cotton duster...because it's cool. If I feel chilled, I put on my zip up sweatshirt. Lately, I am a real candidate for the "What Not To Wear" show for sure!!

Denise...I soooo share with you the frustration of dealing with military docs.
My hubby retired after 21yrs in the Navy. Norfolk was our first home, then 4yrs in Hawaii, 3yrs in Maine, 5yrs in Alaska, and the last 3yrs here in Md.
I remember when I went in for my 1st appt when pregnant. During the appt, I felt like the doc was paying no real attention to ME as he continued with his exam. The final straw came when he was measuring me...had a finger up me...and then proceeded to talk with his buddy about the weekend golf game, stopping for a sec to tell me that the exam would be easier if I wasn't overweight. I was steamed!! I know I'm not paying for his service, but I refused to be treated like a piece of meat! I did NOT say it softly either...telling me to take his finger out NOW..and leave the room. Of course this was unbecoming to a mere enlisted man's wife...speaking to an officer like that...but believe me...I could have cared less. I did NOT leave the dispensary till I spoke with the patient liasion because I felt this man needed to be reported. Whether it mattered to them or not, it made me feel better. And then I made SURE that NONE of my appt's for there on were with this man. Being military, you aren't given your own doc of course, and twice during the pregnancy, he was going to be the one seeing me...NOPE..I told them I would come back if they couldn't arrange for me to see another of the ob's that were present. Then the last 3 visit's I saw the same doc who wound up delivering my daughter. Here's a funny for you all....the doc's name was Admin. Note: Name removed for privacy reasons. I was trying to be polite and pronouced it as *****...and he said with a grin...it's exactly what you think!

I'm yawning now, so maybe I can get some sleep.
xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register