Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Callie44-My DD just turned 20 on Monday. She's also away at college. I sent her flowers since I couldn't be with her. I also have 2 boys (9 and 15) so I really miss having another female in the house (the chocolate lab doesn't count). Glad to hear your dr. appoint. went okay.

I just got back from a trip to the store. I actually felt pretty good. I am going to finish a movie (The Freedom Writers) that I started yesterday and didn't get to finish. At least I am catching up on books and movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
pain issues

I had my hysterectomy 3/6/08. I went home the next day but was readmitted 3 days later to the hospital. I have developed a large hematoma and have been expereincing nausea and vomiting and still in moderate pain. I have lost 50lbs since my hysterectomy. I feel I made the right desicion by having surgery, I am just really scared. The doctor says she has no explaination for nausea and vomiting. I also have been very teary for no particular reason. Has any one else had any of these symptoms?
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Well, hello all. It would appear that we are all progressing. I am having a so so day. My hormones must be way out of wack. I could have just cried on a whim yesterday and today. It is my birthday today and I have yet to get out of my PJ's.

I am glad to have found this post, as it gives me some peace of mind that there are others out there feeling the same feelings.

J45- I too have abdominal soreness not just around my scar. I attest mine to the surgeon repairing a small thinning in my muscles from a previous surgery. But maybe it is just normal healing.

Thanks for letting me vent. My DH doesn't do well with these mood swings. Boy is he in for a long rollercoaster ride... lol.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful healing day.

God bless all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM

gretasue....could the nausea be due to the pain meds? I was having a problem like that with the percoset.

I, too am having a so-so day. Pains started again last night, and I had a hard time sleeping.....even with taking a pain med. Today, if I am up and walking around the house, I hurt......so I've been sitting and surfing the net.

It is very frustrating feeling good a few days, and doing little things that make you feel like you're getting better and then WHAM.....your back to doing nothing for a few days.

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:59 PM

Gee, as Callie pointed out, there are several of us teachers here. Interesting job in that we aren't tied to desks, computers or phone. But we do have to chase the little critters around. My students range from grade 4 to grade 6 and it's a different class every day of the week. I have approx 80 students and am glad I pics of them all because in these 5 weeks I'd be hard pressed to name any of my classes!
I'm doing pretty well today..the root canal was..hmm..it was much easier than I th ought it was going to be. I'm just a little achy in the jaw, and the swelly belly is growing as I type! Gee...so far I had a dentist appt, a root canal, 2 hair appts....I dont think I have time to go back to work! Joan
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:09 PM

So far I have been put on 4 different pain meds. I do have percocet but anly try to take it when I need it usually at night. Thank you for letting me know about the percocet and nausea. I too am having a so- so day, not much sleep last night. Nights seem to be the worst with pain and nausea, not really sure how many hours I actually sleep. I feel that at this point I should be feeling so much better but in all truthfullness I am not. In three weeks I go back to work and I can't imagine trying to do my job and feeling like this!
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:15 PM

Gretasue- I have had small bouts with nausea, but I believe them to be related to my BM's still not regular. You could have reactions to any or all of your medications. Everyone's body reacts differently to medications. I would keep in touch with your doctor. Hang in there. eat and drink what you can and see if you can't walk a bit to get everything else moving. Maybe that will help.
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Idydlx-Thank you for the information. I have been walking a bit, trying to get out of the house. I have no appetite what so ever but I do try to eat. It just helps to know others are out there and understand and are supportive.
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM

Gretasue, I'm so sorry to hear how badly you're feeling! (But I've gotta admit.... 50 lbs lost since surgery? I'm jealous! I had a friend who told me I was going to lose "at least 10-20 lbs." So far, I've only lost about 5.) I took the Percoset for about 9 or 10 days. It didn't make me nauseous, just horridly constipated. Unfortunately, my appetite is just fine. Luckily, I think my intestinal system is finally starting to get back to normal. That was the biggest problem I had.

Like Idydlx said.. everyone reacts differently to the meds, but do keep in touch with your doctor. Good luck, I hope you feel better real soon!
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:01 PM

Just stopping by to say hello, and welcome to all the new ladies..Havent being feeling well the last few days so making it pretty quick..I know i dont feel good when i havent even stopped by or posted .. Anyway hope everyone has a beautiful day..Lots of Hugges..By the way Joan.... i got the puppy (what was i thinking) she too cute named her Layla, she doesnt jump on my belly or anything but will will lay her head softly on me -weird like she knows..ok back to my cocoon, maybe tomorrow i can crawl out and post something good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register