Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Good luck going back to work, Equinox. I’m lucky in that I don’t have to carry anything more than a book and a notebook to my classes. I hope you can take some rest breaks during the workday. I can’t believe that you mucked out your horse’s stall already. I’ve done the litter box a few times, but that’s really an entirely different thing, isn’t it? I couldn’t convince anyone that it was a chore I couldn’t handle.

Jeannie, how frequent are your frequent hot flashes? I’ve been having between six and ten a day, but today has been much better for some reason.

Jgtdolphin, I’m lucky that I sleep pretty well – I might wake briefly once or twice but I go right back to sleep. I think it’s a little disconcerting how different doctors have such radically different ideas. I’m not sure that I’ll ever be 100% certain that I really needed the surgery to begin with, even though I did get a second opinion.

I think I pushed it today. I took my usual walk and then did some light gardening for a little while that stretched into 45 minutes before I knew it. I have a little snippet of pain on the left side, so I probably overdid it a little (but the pansies look beautiful!). I think tomorrow will be a total take it easy day for me.

Even though I’ve had an easy recovery, I find it hard to believe that I’ll be ready to resume all activities in just two weeks. I’m primarily worried about running and weight lifting. But I’m sure my doctor, that old spoil sport, will be happy to tell me if I’m not ready.

MMM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Jeannie, how frequent are your frequent hot flashes? I’ve been having between six and ten a day, but today has been much better for some reason.
Hi, MMM - I usually lose count, but I'm guessing somewhere around 10 a day. They seem to go by more quickly if I don't try to fight it and just sort of let it happen. A friend told me that taking vitamin E helps, so I'm going to try that. I've also got this spritzer to cool off when it starts. Wish I could carry it around everywhere... maybe I can! I can't do estrogen, so I'm open to just about anything! I've noticed that my morning coffee brings it on, but hmmmm... it's a trade-off...not ready to give that up quite yet.
have a great day-
J
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
4 week post op check up

Hi, I went to my one and only post op appointment with my doctor on Friday. Everything has been healing well and he gave me a pathology report on my uterus describing all the wonderful problems I had and that they did not detect any cancer. Now did everyone get a report on their hysterectomy? Just curious. Also I am close to feeling normal again. Once in a while I still get pains. I am just glad the long haul is almost over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM

We're active duty Navy so of course there is a process to everything. I requsted my surgical and pathology report last week. They said it will be mailed to my house in two weeks. I'm very curious. I have a career in Medical Transcription and 10 years working for an OB/GYN so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to understand all of the terminology. My dr. was impressed that I was so interested. To bad she doesn't need a transcriptionist.....I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to work for her!!!!!
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:02 AM

[quote=DeniseS]We're active duty Navy so of course there is a process to everything.

We are actve duty Army, but I am at an Air Force Base, while my husband is at his post in Kentucky. Boy do I know there is a process for everything!!!!! We were sooo close to his retirement, but now it has to be put on hold for 15 months.......
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemrey
I've also got this spritzer to cool off when it starts. Wish I could carry it around everywhere... maybe I can!
J

I’m not giving up coffee, either, even if it does contribute to the flashes. Here’s an idea: how about a menopause holster – kind of like a tool belt – with pockets for water bottle, spritzer bottle, mini fan, and tv remote?

I specifically scheduled my surgery over my spring break, and I was wondering if the reason there are so many teachers on the March 3 – March 10 timeline is because others did the same thing?

To everyone who has to return to work for the first time tomorrow - good luck.

Margaret
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Hey Coafmn! Quick!!! get a patent on that menopause holster!! It will sell like HOT-cakes! :-)
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:03 AM

Good Monday Morning Sisters!!

Today is my 4-week post-op anniversary. I am in Cincinnati visiting my friend; she is not up yet and I have swiped her laptop to post.

I'm feeling really good except for some tenderness and pain at the end of the day. It's mild and easily controlled with ibuprofenl. My incision looks SO much better. I am using the BioOil on it twice per day and leaving it exposed to the air while I sleep. I still don't think I can wear my skinny jeans over it but that will come in time. My post-op doctor's appointment is on Thursday.

I had one true hot flash yesterday but it was brief. Unless they become unbearable there is no way I'm giving up my morning coffee. It's the only thing I drink besides water.

I had a bad morning yesterday, emotionally. Since I would be leaving DH for a few days I thought I would make him a nice breakfast before I left. After a series of unfortunate mishaps I finally was able to get it done but it left me in tears - very unlike me - and being very *****y towards him. I felt horrible and cried off an on until I got to my friend's house. I apologized to DH, who is just so sweet and said it was okay. But I think after losing my ovaries I probably just needed a good cry. If I hadn't had to drive and was home I would have just curled up in the fetal position and cried really hard but didn't have that luxury. I know it would have helped me a lot to be able to do that! Oh well I have two weeks before going back to work to fit that in.

Congratulations to all of you who have been cleared to return to work and have sex. I'm not interested in doing either one right now.

For the rest, continue to pamper yourself and heal well. The result will be worth it.

Have a great day!!
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM

Good Morning, Sisters:

Well, I've been up since 5:15 a.m. and haven't yet been able to go back to sleep. I woke up with DH this morning. He has to be at his duty station by 6:30 a.m. for a day full of MA (Military Police) training. Even though we don't get along, I feel bad for him. He is 46 and in a class of 20 and early 30 year olds. He keeps up with them very well physically. But today is the day that they each get sprayed with OC spray (pepper spray) so they can learn how to fight through it. He asked me if I plans for today.......I said I might get a pedicure. I felt bad.

Anyhow.....I'm feeling decent so far this morning. Still sore in the girly parts. Bleeding is minimal and I think that nasty wound is finally starting to heal. I'll find out Wednesday. The packing is very irritating to my va-jay-jay and I'm wondering how much longer I have to do this. Another thing for Wednesday.

I just emailed dr. and I asked if I could mix this nasty fiber she put me on with juice and she said, "absolutely"......thank goodness. That stuff is like drinking beach sand mixed in water. :-p~~~~~

Everyone returning to work today.....please take it easy and be careful.

Those of us still stuck in the bed, couch, recliner, etc. Here's to another day of healing!

HysterHugs to all,
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Hello!

Hello everyone! I've been reading everyone's notes but have not had time to write. I'm so glad to hear that everyone's spirits are up! Can you believe just 5 weeks ago we were so miserable??? Congrat's to the Hyster Sister who won the Teacher on the Year Award! It is amazing how many teachers are in this group. Anyone needing to do a case study on that? lol Kudos to all my fellow military spouses...
I did have surgery(day) again last Monday for kidney stones. They had to put a stint in afterwards due to the swelling. I was fine till the hospital meds wore off. I took my pain meds till Wed. & gave up. I called the Dr. & he requested me in right away. My Dr. removed the stint & told me that I would most likely would not do well & have to be hospitalized for several days. Thursday was the best day I have had since our hysterectomy. Since then I have felt ok. I'm so tired & ache. I've also been running a low grade fever on & off. I'm sure the stones put my recovery back some. I also have to return to work next week. I'm considering not returning. Anyone else considering "early retirement"? Well, I need to get back to bed. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Thanks for listening to me whine!
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register