Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hello sweetpea35

I had a hyster the same day as you, I'm not sure what type of surgery you had, but I just started feeling a little like myself this week. You sound like you are having a much harder time than me. From what you described it sounds like it may be kidney stones. I have had these 3 times and they were all so large that they were surgicaly removed. The intense pain was defiantly in the back and side of ribs. I hope you can find a doctor that will look more into whats causing your pain. I also have teenagers, so I understand where your coming from, fortunatley they have been wonderful . If you need to vent a little more or just talk, feel free to sent a private message. Until then, take care of yourself and Best Wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:01 PM

to SweetPea and others who are having a rough go at it. May the Lord bless you with peace and health.
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:49 PM

wow, Sweetpea..that sounds terrible...makes my whining look pretty stupid.
I just have swelly belly like crazy and I'm living with an ice pack at home. no way to keep one icy at school. Today is my 5 week anniversay...week 6 checkup is next Tuesday..not looking fwd to that. But then, I would guess most of us are not! We're mostly doing ok, folks, and we're sending healing thoughts to those who are having it tougher than others. Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 07:19 PM

I hope things are getting better for you sweetpea, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what it's like, I wish you well and hope you find the answers and help that you need. Hugs to all who are recovering.
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Sweetpea, My heart goes out to you. Our situations are somewhat similar. I was released from the hospital and then readmitted 3 days later dehydrated, in severe pain and vomiting. The only explaination I have gotten is that I have developed a hematoma where my uterus was. I have since had constant nausea and vomiting and have lost 50lbs. Today was not a good day for me. I thought maybe I had another UTI, I have been running a fever all day, just not holding much down and in pain. I did call the nurse and she said your pain and fever are not the result of the surgery. Sometimes I wonder what the doctors and nurses are thinking. After being told that I spent most of the day in tears. Hugs for you sweetpean. My prayers go out to everyone. Thank you for your support and advice.
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsmurphy81
My doc had my path report when I went to get my staples removed on day 6. Told me the size of my uterus, all was benign, gave me some other details. Although I ended up with a TAH, I started out with a LAVH, so I have color photos of my uterus, tubes/ovaries, liver and gall bladder. Would have had more, but an artery got nicked then there was too much blood to see anything. The photos are very cool. Plus it's good to see that everything else was healthy.

I also have some great photos of my uterus, ovaries, appendix and my cervix after he took the uterus out. Pretty cool.

Also I just want to say thanks Denise for giving what information you had on the medical terms.

Also I want to say thanks for everyone who responded about having family over seas in Iraq. I found out tonight when he leaves. And the only thing that stinks about that is that when I say goodbye at Knox, I have to drive almost 5 hours home alone. And my nephew did 2 tours over there too.

Sweetpea I hope that you feel better soon. I know I have been lucky overall with my hysterectomy. Take care.
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:26 PM
almost 12 hours post op

i went into surgery at about 1130 on 4/9 and came out by 3. Its now 1230 pm and i am astonished at how good i feel. i am nervous for the duramorph to wear off, but will enjoy the last few hours with it!
Going to try to shut eyes for a bit. hope the other 4/9 ladies had as good a post op day as i have.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
From hard Bm to Pencil thin BM

5 weeks post op yesterday, now having pencil thin, flat on one side soft Bm's. Still having chest pain, had Lung Ct, thank God everything o.k. there. EKG today for chest pain.
Anxiety, maybe ? Incision feels good, little "electrical like feeling in abdomen and sometimes down the legs. Anyone else having any of these problems ? TAH BSO on 3-4-08 due to Granulosa Cell Tumor. No cancer spread, no chemo or radiation. Follow up Inhibin tests every 6 months. Doc also did not suggest HRT. I am 45 have 2 children and widowed. Night sweats and chills. Still feel yucky, not as bad as pre surgery but almost. Any help ? Confused and alone in the cold state of Michigan. But surely blessed.
Thank you for any replies.

Compaq TAH BSO :
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Hi Compaq~ I had a TAH on March 6 (kept ovaries, bikini incision). I am also 45. I have to say that this week I have felt great-almost back to normal. I still get tired at the end of the day and my belly still feels tender from time to time. I have been walking each morning anywhere from 20-45 minutes after I walk my son to the bus stop. Every body is different and you may just take a little more time to heal. Try to relax and do something special for yourself - maybe a manicure or pedicure. Thoughts and prayers with you.
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM

Good afternoon sisters,

Well today is post-op day 30 and I had my follow-up appointment with my surgeon today. I got a copy of my pathology report and even though I had to have my primary doctor interpret it for me, it sounds as though I was pretty much a train wreck and it was a good thing I had this done. Not only was my uterus full of fibroids, but I had some kind of polyp where the cells had started to change. I also had some endometriosis on one of my ovaries and old blood in one of my fallopian tubes. My uterus weighed - get this - 4.5 pounds!! No wonder I felt like crap and had back pain.

Bottom line is - I am healing well and I have been cleared to do whatever I want. The only thing I can't do, he said, is leg and ab work at the gym. I would also say I need to limit my heavy lifting. He said the twinges and low pain are a normal part of the healing process and should go away with time. I asked about the scar he was supposed to remove and he said there was a lot of scar tissue inside and it limited what he could do. At the bottom of my incision where it is thick and hard, he said it would soften as would the entire incision overall. He also said no restrictions on sex, so DH was happy to hear that.

We talked extensively about HRT and he prescribed Premarin .45mg and gave me some samples. He said he recommended short-term therapy of 3-5 years and it could be adjusted. When we talked about side effects and risks, I am at a very low risk for both. I am hoping it will ratchet down my "B" factor a few notches (as does DH). He said it will make me feel better overall, and will help with sleep, hot flashes, and vaginal dryness. He wants to see me in 2 months and I will have a mammogram about a week before, which is when I would have had it anyway.

So rightafter I left I felt SO much better!! I guess I just needed some reassurance that all was going well. I am PSYCHED about going to the gym tomorrow so I can get on those Cybex machines and may even do two 20-minute sessions on the treadmill. My uterus weighed 4.5 pounds but I am only one pound less than my pre-surgery weight... doesn't take a rocket scientist to know I need to get off my big *** and get those pounds OFF.

I found a cute pair of denim capris today as well as TWO pair of yoga capris in my size, OMG how comfy can we get??? Perfect for summer workouts. Weather today is warm and breezy, but we are supposed to get rain and cooler temps tonight.

Sweetpea, my heart goes out to you for the hard time you have had. My philosophy is, if they won't give you the information you want, you go get it. I can't tell you how many times I have had symptoms, researched them on the internet, and went in to the doctor with my own diagnosis. Whatever symptoms you have, research them and go in prepared with the information and lots of questions. The better prepared you are the more intelligently the doctors will talk to you. Sounds like you have a long row to hoe, and I will pray for small victories for you every day!!

Gotta go have something to eat and work on my stamp club projects. Hope everyone is feeling great or at least some better every day!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register