Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi Teresa

May you soon be back wearing your normal clothes in no time!! I wish we had Walmart here in Australia - it sounds fantastic, although I suppose we have Target, K-Mart, Woolworths, Bi-Lo and all sorts of other glorious shopping emporiums!! I have no idea what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow - maybe the black bloaters again, or perhaps I can squeeze into a skirt. Maybe I'll sleep on it and do my usual trick of ironing the daily outfit ten minutes before I'm due to leave home. Keep well and happy shopping!!
Cheers
Ravioli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 05:31 AM

Ravioli..that first day back is really a killer. I did an entire week last week but have this week off for spring break. I would love to just sit and read etc, but I have to go to see my grands as I havne't seen them since Christmas..it's 6 hours one way and if I have to keep stopping to straighen up my poor old body, it may take many more than that.
Clothing-wise, I sure wish I had not sent all my old '60's and 70's dresses (long and loose) to Goodwill...they sure would be great now. And my jeans DID fit before surgery but they hit at just the wrong place so the pressure really gets painful. I bought a bunch of elastic waist pants at WalMart but the elastic is really too tight...and I have reallly skinny legs so if the waist were to be comfy, the pants would really be flapping in the breeze..not to mention dragging on the floor!
Great your boss is a fellow hystersister. Take it easy. Joan
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM

Equinox (and anyone else who feels so uncomfortable in stretch pants)- I had the laparoscopic, with an incision right in the naval. It's been very tender and is taking much longer to heal than the other 2 little incisions on either side. My pants keep irritating that naval incision. I was concerned about possible infection there and called my doctor's office about it. The nurse suggested that I use a sanitary pad as a protective "bandaid". It seemed rather odd, but I figured I'd give it a try. It works! Granted, it's only for pants with an elastic waist or zipper on the side. Pants with a front zipper make it difficult when you do have to pull them up and down for going to the toilet during the day. The nurse said she tells patients to use them all the time. So, if you have any pads left over, you might want to try it. They're thick enough to offer some protection and relief, at least for most of the day. And, being worn under your clothes, no one can see it. I've found it to be a lot more comfortable.

At the 6-week mark tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week and is feeling so much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 02:05 PM

I just had my 6 week checkup and everything looks great!
I'm still having some discharge but the doctor said it was no big deal. All the worrying I did about doing too much and maybe undoing things was for naught. I asked him if sex would hurt and he said for a few times (great ) since he gave me the vagina of a 14 year old (beats me why he quotes that age). I'm still a little unclear on weight restrictions - he said don't lift anything heavy that would require you using your abdominal muscles - how do you define heavy? I asked a few specific things but I'm still unclear. I guess better to be safe than sorry when trying to decide. But all in all I'm feeling great now with no soreness down below!
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggin'
I just had my 6 week checkup and everything looks great!
I'm still having some discharge but the doctor said it was no big deal. All the worrying I did about doing too much and maybe undoing things was for naught. I asked him if sex would hurt and he said for a few times (great ) since he gave me the vagina of a 14 year old (beats me why he quotes that age). I'm still a little unclear on weight restrictions - he said don't lift anything heavy that would require you using your abdominal muscles - how do you define heavy? I asked a few specific things but I'm still unclear. I guess better to be safe than sorry when trying to decide. But all in all I'm feeling great now with no soreness down below!
That is wonderful!! It is so good to hear such awesome news! As for the weight restrictions, I would think that anything under 15 pounds would be safe.
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Did anyone else have an MMK bladder lift? I thought my issues with my bladder would be done by now. Actually, I thought I would be 100% by now. I was sooooooooo naive. Oh, can you tell I'm cranky? I had a three day week end, a fairly easy day at work today, but my swelly belly makes me look like I'm about 6mo. pregnant. The worst it's been. Maybe I'll take Wednesday off this week and have a mid-week break. I'm sick of it! I think I'd better take a nice long bath and relax. I'm just crabby tonight. Yes, a warm bath and early bed might just be what I need. Fresh day tomorrow!
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:15 AM

Omg I Could Scream!!! Just Posted A Real Long One And It Disappeared!!!! Try Again Later. Have A Great Day Ladies!!!
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:29 AM

Sometimes I just wonder about some of our doctors... the vagina of a 14 year old? What does that mean? And how does he know. ugh.
Anyway, ladies - hang in there. It is quite an uphill battle, but even on those days when I feel like everything is just dragging and aching and depressed and I am incredibly bummed out because I have just worn the same pair of stretch pants 8 days in a row, I keep thinking that each day is an improvement and there really IS light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you all have a fantastic spring day.
Jeannie
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:42 AM

I leave shortly for my 6 week check up...and I do mean "up"..it's the internal visit. Not looking fwd to this..but I do have two pages of questions so maybe I 'll at least know more when I get back.
Incidently, this will be with a different doc..same practice but my surgeon is on vacation. They all seem to have such different opinions..even within the same practice. So, Jeannie, even on that count I wonder about them.
I also wonder if men patients say the same things about female proctologists! Joan
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:35 PM

I "passed" my 6 week check up.....but no answers to the crappy things that seem to plague us all. oh ya..this doc says essentially that I don't have a swelly belly..says there's really no such thing. Guess I don't want to see him again. OR ...could we having a group hallucination??????? men...bleah.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register