Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

My first trip out was today. I went to the doctor and got my staples out, stopped at the pharmacy for a prescription, sat in the car while my daughter got groceries for dinner, and then came home. 3 1/2 hours from time leaving until time returning. I am worn out even though I was just sitting most of the time. Still, I am feeling very well all things considered. My incision looks good, no signs of infection. I am very pleased. Thanks sisters, for being here for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Jeannieeliane....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieeliane
Yea, I've made it to one week! I got to get my staples out today. Thank You! They were starting to hurt. I have a huge amount of terry strips(sp) now. The scar looks awful. Oh well. I was also up & walking to much today. After my Dr. apt. I went to eat lunch at a restaurant & grab some stuff at Hobby Lobby and a Dr. apt. for my 12 your old. I'm paying for it tonight. I hurt... I'm still having problems with gas & BM's. I'm taking stuff for it but it's slow working. Anyone have any idea's? Is anyone having "hot flashes" at night? My Dr. advised me that's what I've been having over the past few nights. I will adjust my hormone pill when I see my GYN in 2 weeks. Anyway, I get really sweaty on & off all night. My t-shirt is wet by morning. I'm not having any "attitude" problems. lol I'm quite nice. lol Hope everyone has a good night sleep...
Jean
A quick note to say that I also have been having trouble with BMs and gas. Today I did a laxitive and even that wasn't working. Big difference when I used a small pillow against my stomache...I was able to offer much more ooomf to the process...and it was successful.
Unread 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Question: The last half hour I've had a few shooting pains on my left side. Nothing unbearable. Nothing looks any different on the outside. It's just a new experience and I"m wondering if any of you have experienced it.

TAH with ovaries removed on March 6th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Hey Lotsofquestions,

I also had my ovaries out and I'm getting little sharp pains every once in awhile in the location where I think they might have been - I also had LAVH and sometimes the incisions kinda get twingy, esp. if I lean up against the bathroom sink while brushing or putting on makeup.
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:42 PM

Hi there everybody! Today has been a pretty good day as far as pain goes. Unfortunately everyone in my house has been battling a cold for the past week. So, I have been having to pick up the slack and take care of them, kind of a usual thing for a woman isn't it? Lol! I was doing ok, avoiding getting sick, but now I'm a bit depressed. I woke up with a sore throat, and just felt absolutely exhausted all day. So, I have mainly laid down in bed aside from the bathroom today. I'm hoping that if I get enough rest I won't get the full-blown cold they have. That would be absolutely miserable since they are coughing constantly I can only imagine- Ouch!!! It's also kind of irritating to me that everyone is actually complaining to me at how bad and yucky they feel? Can you believe that? Even my mom hahah. I mean, I have had colds lots of times, and actually have a tendancy to get colds quite often. However, I am 6 days post-op from a TAH, and they are complaining to me because they have a runny nose. ARgh!! Sorry had to vent. Lol, I feel alittle better at least getting it out. I can't really say what I want to them haha! Thanks ladies hope you are all doing well!
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Newbie/ 1wk out total hyst

I am 32, and have 2 children. 2 yrs ago I found I had adhesions and endometriois. I finally broke down and had my surgery. It was last tuesday. I had a complete hysterectomy(everything was taken). I thought the dr was doing it laparoscopy, but he did the incision where my cesections were done, which I am 100% fine with, I sort of wanted it that way. The dr said when he got in there I had endometriosis everywhere, even in my abdominal wall, and he had never seen anything like that before, and I made a good decision. He couldn't believe that I only complained of pain 2 wks out of the month,and sometimes hardly at all. My blood count dropped alot after surgery & i had a fever, so they did an u/s and found I had a hematoma, so he went vaginally & used a swab to poke it & drain it., started me on antibiotics, and iron, and I had to stay another day. I was released Friday, and so glad to be home.
Yesterday, I got diarrhea x5, and I am thinking its from the dulcalax I took for constipation. I continue to have fever of 100.4 mostly at night off and on. I have had hot flashes, but mostly lots of chills. I was wondering if this is all common. I will try to read thru the posts, but jsut cant sit here too long.
He was going to start me on estrogen right away, but due to how bad the endo was, he wants me to wait awhile for it to die off as much as possible(he said estrogen feeds the endo). He also said if the hot flashes get too bad, he will put me on progestin, but would like to see me go without if I can handle it. The only other thing I wonder, is that when I urinate I feel alot of pulling type sensation inside my tummy. Everything else feels just like when I had my csections. I go tomorrow to get my staples removed... were you all stapled or stitched??? My cesect were dissolvable stitches, so I was shocked to see he did staples, of course he is a different dr.
Thanks for reading my book I just needed to speak out, I only know one person that has gone thru this, and she wasnt home when I called, so I jumoed on here to get some support.
Thanks in advance.
Joani
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:11 PM

Hello everyone! Today is day 7 post op. I was able to take my steri strips off and my incision looks great. I walked outside today and was able to go further than yesterday taking it one day at a time. I noticed I did have more energy today if I can get to eat more I will be a happy camper. I hope everyone has a great week!
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:49 PM

I am a newbie at this. Surgery on March 5th some complications. I will get pathology report next Monday. Does anybody respond to these?????
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Well had my surgery on the 5th, all went well execpt couldn't get the pain under control took alot longer then dr even thought. I had to stay an extra day due to pain but came home Sat the 7th. Ride home wasn't too bad but had hubby bring 2 pillows one extra to sit on and one for my stomache to support it. really helped with bumps. Over did it the 9th and since then other then walking walking around haven't done a thing but lay in bed or on the couch. Trying to remember it will be waiting for me to do when I am not hurtting. hope others are doing well too
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:51 PM

Long day today doing nothing. I over did it yesterday. I'm am so jealous that some of my sisters have gone with out pain pills over that last couple of days. I'm still needing pain meds as soon as I get them & if I sleep through the time, I wake up really hurting. My stomach muscles really hurt today. I just can't get comfortable... Enough complaining. I'm still better then last week!
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register