Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

OMG! The facial hair! What's up with that? Those bristly little whiskers on my chin. I need to check out the waxing dept. of the hairdressers.
I failed to mention in my previous post that when I was at the party, feeling so bloated, out of sorts, and conspicuous, that I kept backing away from the center of the action until I backed right in to the birthday cake! I was so embarrassed! And did anyone let that slide by without comment? NO, of course not. It was all good natured ribbing, but I felt so stupid!
I've decided that I am all done feeling like I'm sick. If I do feel kind of sick, then, too bad - suck it up and get on with it! No more ******! Done, done, done!!!! It's all in the attitude (Ihope!) You know, how if you pretend you feel happy, pretty soon, you feel happy? This is the same principle. I'll let you know how it works.
Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Sara-
Funny, I woke up this morning after a completely exhausting weekend full of mood swings and worry with the decision that I, too, am over it! Kinda like pulling myself up by my bootstraps, as my dad used to say. Anyway, I made a conscious decision to find the joy and expect ease and peace in my life and to do away with the *****iness...
I think my family will be happier - so will I!
Happy Monday to all...
Jeannie
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:24 PM

and by the way, great story about the cake! I can relate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM

About the beard...do you suppose that Hyster Sisters can hook up with some derm company? or laser surgery company so we that are "sans uteri" can get discounts of getting rid of the facial hair?????
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Yeah, kind of like an AARP discount. A hyster-discount.
Unread 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM

ya...that's it!!

Don't know how many of us are in this boat, but I just found out that those of us with uterine/endometrial cancer have our own color ribbon..i'm psyched. it's a peach color and there's a web site called choosehope.com where you can buy all sorts of "stuff" that's peachy for me, teal for ovarian cancer..can't remember the others but every kind of cancer has it's own color. I only knew about pink for breast cancer.
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Thank you for those great laughs! Equinox & mizfish...you are sooo right!
Sign me up for those hyster-discounts right now!! That's another thing we weren't clued in on....the fact that after our uterus and other stuff get taken away...we start turning 'manly'!! :-) I've become one with my tweezer! :-)
And thank you for the heads up about the 'color' ribbons. I will check out the website. My sister in CA has just finished her chemo sessions for lymphatic cancer, and we were both blessed with good final reports. And, peach is one of my fav colors anyway!
About my first day back at work....it went pretty well, better than I thought.
I'm at half days for the first week, and I see the doc on Thurs for probably my last visit. I work at the front desk of a hotel, so it was a bit scary at first after the auditor left, and I was 'on my own' for about an hour. The phones were ringing away, guests coming in to check out, the usual morning rush.
This never bothered me before, but it just seemed overwhelming to my brain this morning. I think I did pretty good tho, and after I was able to clear the lobby, I made a cheat sheet of all the code numbers I used to know by heart, to help me get back up to speed. I did have to sit down for a bit at times, and it was so heart warming to get the well wishes from the regular guests telling me they were glad to hear my voice again on the phone, etc. Yes, there were the usual fix-ups to do, but I will just chalk that up to something that will never change.
Thank you mizfish and jemrey for your wonderful words of wisdom. I have had the same feelings for a while, and I think that has helped me in my healing process. I've been blessed with an extremely loving and caring husband, and I know he truly cares, but we've had a few disagreements regarding what I can and cannot do by now. I've shown him that I'm very capable now of cleaning the kitchen, but he still puts the stop on me walking downstairs to do the laundry. He also nixed my help with the yardwork this past weekend. I'm pretty sure I could have helped trim the bushes, and even push the new lawn mower. Not that there isn't plenty to do inside...catching up with those dust bunnies and all..but I didn't want to see him doing everything himself. He's not getting any younger either, and we have a large corner lot.
I hope we all continue to keep in touch thru this site. I thank you all for your posts and friendship I have felt while reading.
Wishing everyone a good week.
xo Joanie
Unread 05-06-2008, 04:54 AM

Wow Cygnet...you got all this time off? I think I need to change jobs. I suppose I could have pushed it..I still have about 80 sick days left, but that old "teacher guilt" kicks in and I went back at 4 weeks. The first week was really hard..espcially getting my materials in and out of the car on a daily basis as an itinerant teacher. I'm doing ok now but I'm still worried about that issue. the doc said "no problem with lifting"..wonder why his opinion is so different from everything else I've read???
and also congrats on picking the right husband..I think that as soon as my sister left after 4 days post surgery, my husband thought I was cured.
Funny you should mention lawn mowing..I was wondering if the vibration would be a bad thing with stitches still healing? or are they all done? They're all iside so I have idea what's going on except for that occasional "ping"
Glad we made you chuckle!! It's funny now but it won't be funny in a few minutes when I have to face that mirror again!
oh ya..I'm a former Joanie..it reminds my husband of "happy days" so he refuses to call me that..family and old friends do tho!
Enjoy and take care. Joan Formerly known as Joanie
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:54 AM

I can't believe i missed so many posts!!! i havent been getting any emails
Gigi, i hope everything workes out well with you, its a horrible feeling and my heart is out to you!! *hug* to all who are still not feeling well, i truly pray that it gets better as i keep telling myself, to those who are feeling much better keep lettimg us know-cause that what keeps giving me hope..
I have had some up and some down days.very over welming,emotionally and physically..my mental status feel like its still stuck on slow motion, things i could handle in a heart beat now, kinda freak me out..I have been back to work and the just dealing with the phones and customers as well as co-workers, hmm i think they work my last nerve-and i feel like i just dont play well with others right now. So i find myself being put in time out (i do it to myself) I have gone back to both jobs one is cable company and the other is bar promotions..Wow thats alot yesterday was cinco de mayo celebration and i went straight from the office to 3 promotions, i forgot what its like to deal with that large of a crowd!!! ( i barteded for 10 years) I felt like a puppy with my tail between my legs LOL but i did it and smiled I have a fake down pact hehe..it was one of my longest days 13 hours on my feet. Saturday i take a drive for a hour for another private party i did, and i hadnt been on the highway driving since surgery,well i felt so much anxiety when all the cars were merging and traffic was coming my way!!! I wanted to pull over and cry...i couldnt keep up with the speed as my knees were shaking and feet screaming about the heels i had to wear all last week..Usually i'm a lead foot...not this time it was definitly a baby foot. Of course i got knocked on my butt Sunday in bed all day with a migraine. The worst so far i think is this bout of dry cotton mouth i have had for almost 2 weeks now? Anyone else have that problem? I cant take it no matter what i drink or do it doesnt go away, it gets to the put where i can hardly talk sometimes...feels like i'm nitting sweaters in there!! My cousin said its my hormones hmm, i have been off my pills for a month and went back 3 days ago..I said jeez its bad enough i might need lube in the VJJ department as of right now i want to stick a tub of lube down my throat! (sorry for the grossness) As for the hair i feel for everyone i really do, i dont have the chin problem, but my mustache is out of control...i cant even cover it up with foundation and waxing it is sooo painful, and of course those few stragglers that just appear out of nowhere..Still working on shaving thats still a hassle for me..wish i was gumpy for 30 mins in the shower..Wouldnt be so bad if i could see past the belly. i have been wearing my sundresses with my stretch pants underneath LOL thats a site but it works for the time being. Still no jeans or anything yet..so waiting patiently..I ahve to pack and move next weekend that should be fun, especially since i am anal retentive when it comes to how things are packed..I think i might have to medicate myself when i find someone to move myself since i cant do it myself (just kidding but i will drink some stress tea)I decided i will wrap it and tell everyone how to pack it..we will see how many last and not send me to my room.I tend to forget alot of things just blank moments, not happy about that. But anyway i'm so happy to see posts and miss the daily 10 times checking in..Lots of hugges and kisses to all..

Rachel
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM

waxing at home is actually great. the only thing about waxing is that you have to let it grow back before you can wax again. have you tried lotions like nair? my youngest daughter has a mustache that we keep off her face with nair for the face. it works great! no hair and she can do it privately in the bathroom. she has to do it twice a week but no stubble, no hairs to let grow in, and it's clean.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register