Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Week ten milestone today

I had a TAH with ovaries left in on March 4...this is my second day back to work full time. First time to this string but I love what I have read; feel like we are all in the same post-op boat. I was SO TIRED yesterday after work. I work in a prison with a lot of walking, stooping, bending over to file stuff, etc. and so it was hard to deal with. I went home had a glass of wine and a salad and was OUT. My boyfriend called (working out of town this week) and woke me up!
My incision site and surrounding area achy and hurty (you all know the drill), but I am back at it again today.

I was out of work eight weeks, then went back for half-days for two weeks. My supervisor was/is so angry at me, I think--she still will barely speak to me. I say, too bad, lady, after six weeks i tried but was NOT ready to come back, could barely walk without alot of pain. The two extra weeks was just what I needed...even went out on the Harley a few times and it was AWESOME, not painful at all.
Anyone else have problems at work?? Why are people so non-compassionate?
What are you ladies using for the swelling? I use preparation H, no kidding--I think it helps. I am in all of my regular clothes now and have been for three weeks. I also put Vit E oil and aloe gel on the incision site. And I take motrin. Also, I took a little piece of old sweatshirt and place it right over the incision site (soft side against your skin) and that helps with zipper issues. ;-)
While I am glad I had this done (it was either that or face cancer), this post-op period has been ROUGH. I can't wait to feel no tightening, no pulling or pinching. I still think I'm going to rip out stitches but don't think that could happen at this point. I'm back to swimming every day, taking it easy but it feels good to be back to doing something I really enjoy. Not ready to compete or anything....yet....we'll get there. ...
Take care, everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi MLW1958- I think you could call me ATM1957...
Anyways, Yep. three kids, three natural child births and guess what? This TAH on 3/3/08 has been harder. I suppose it could be I was 35 with the last kid, and now I"m 51, but I think they just don't tell you enough of what to expect and that it is just more that we ever thought it would be to recover from both emotionally and physically.
As for no one getting it at work, I think this is a case of you don't really get it unless you have done it. bummer.
I seem to be able to do about 60%. I'm a high energy doer and this is hard to take this tired stuff. Reading your account I can see it is not just missing my ovaries and going through menopause that is doing it.

Hang in there. Doc says I'll be much better at six months. That would be NOVEMBER! I'm starting to believe it will take that long... I think I need a nap. Anyone got a good joke out there?
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:55 PM

It seems like we are all getting back to our old lives - bit by bit. I worked the track meet today! I thought I wouldn't be able to do it this year - the track is next to the school, but it is quite a hike to get out there past the other practice fields. But I hiked it & climbed all the stairs to get to the booth. We finished in less than three hours and I'm not so tired that I can't function. I think I can do this again next week for Sr. High! I'm feeling human again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks for your posts - I sometimes feel that nobody understands as well. When I asked my doctor when I can start feeling "normal" again, he said "you know your body..." Well, I knew my pre-surgery body but this one seems to belong to a stranger. Surgical menopause - weight gain - crying jags - hot flashes... and soooo tired during the day. Okay, enough of my complaining...
Some of you may have already seen this, but I thought I'd share 'cause I can certainly relate!

SIGNS THAT YOU MIGHT BE EXPERIENCING MENOPAUSE

* You sell your home heating system at a yard sale. (Hot flashes)

* The person you sleep with complains about snow piling up on the bed. (Nightsweats)

* Your husband jokes that instead of buying a wood stove, he is using you to heat the family room this winter. Rather than just saying you are not amused, you shoot him. (Mood swings)

* You write post-it notes with your kid's names on them. (Memory loss)

* Your husband chirps, "Hi honey, I'm home." and you reply, "Well, if it isn't Ozzie f*cking Nelson". (Irritability)

* The phenobarbital dose that wiped out the Heaven's Gate Cult gives you four hours of decent rest. (Sleeplessness)

* You find Guacamole in your hair after a Mexican dinner. (Fatigue)

* You change your underwear after every sneeze. (Mild incontinence)

* You need Jaws Of Life to help you out of your car after returning home from an Italian restaurant. (Sudden weight gain)

* You ask Jiffy Lube to put you up on a hoist. (Dryness)

* You take a sudden interest in "Wrestlemania". (Female hormone deficiency)

* You're on so much estrogen that you take your Brownie troop on a field trip to Chippendales. (Hormone therapy)
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:24 PM
post op surgery march 4, 08

Hi everyone,
Have been reading your posts, I had a granulosa cell tumor,
TAH BSO with staging. Now have rectocele, DR says surgery is not recommended but wants to put me on Estrogen. Anyone else having the same issue. Can not
eliminate totally, have to actually push in the VJJ on my bowel to have the BM evacuate. A little afraid to use the HRT because of the CA. Still feeling tired, dont know if that is from the hormone imbalance or what. Hot flashes, night sweats and can not concentrate. Has anyone been on Lexapro, Primary Dr thinks that might help. Any help is appreciated. Lot of stressfull life issues, lost hubby 9-23-06,
pet lab 9-01-07, stepdad 2-14-08, Dear Mother 4-22-08.
Holding my own with 2 beautiful children 9 and 11. Really could use some input on the drugs. Not big on meds, like natural things if possible.

Thanx in advance for any info.
God Bless
Compaq in MI
Unread 05-14-2008, 05:13 AM

Compaq, I'm afraid I can't be much help except to say that you are doing admirably well under all those circumstances. I was thru menopause so I'm not using any HRT but I am taking lots of fiber powder. I have chronic colon issues , usually too much action rather than not enough,and am finally paying attention to them as this surgery puts an entirely different spin on how the old body works..or doesn't work. The powders are really just sillium and that's what makes thing go smoothly thru the intestines. I just checked the container..wheat dextrin is the only ingredient listed. Benefiber.
it's really difficult to get in fiberous foods..you have to eat toooo much in my humble opinion!
Hang in there...we're here for you even if the only thing we can do is listen. Joan
Unread 05-14-2008, 11:07 AM

equinox,

Thanx for your reply, if I drink anymore water I'm gonna float away. Have been eating really good. Like a rabbit. Just so worried about the medications. Especially the estrogen. So many pro's and con's.
Thanx again, I will keep on searching and will post any updates.
Unread 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
not feeling good

is it just me that isnt feeling like the hysterectomy hasnt done me any good i had tah kept ovaries the only thing good abot my surgerey is that i dont bleed anymore i still have bad pelvic pain and i dont think my bowels woke up after the op its as though there is no muscle there im not constipated but just cant get it too come out (sorry for too much info )
jewjew
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Friday

Well ladies, I tried to get on line this week but my internet quit working. Something about a modem. I think it is just my luck. My PT finally hit the acceptable limit so I was able to stop the injections in the stomach. But yesterday it dropped again so I get to see the vampires this weekend. I went back to work on Thursday and really enjoyed it. The other teachers said that I looked better that before the surgery. Finally I seem to making some improvements but more bills are coming in.
Compaq
so sorry for your losses. It must be tough and then to go through major surgery to boot. I lost mother, father, sister, and major surgery to repair c-6 c-7 disc in neck. All of this took place in the course of 3 years one after the other. But I did not have to go through it without spouse or hormone imbalance so my heart goes out to you. I am not able to take hormones because of my recent blood clot dilema. So I know what the hot flashes feel like. I am not allowed to take the ted hoses off except to shower. It is like I have another skin and boy do they hold heat. One of the smartest things I have done is I have a little fan on my night stand that is pointed right at me when I sleep. It has really helped keep me cool at night.

Equinox

I bet your horse did miss you and is glad to have mommy back. After I got out of the hospital for the second time, my cats follow me around and bellow if I don't give them tons of loving. Even the one that was real independent has become clingy and wants to be held.
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:28 PM
mizfish

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Hope it was great, sorry this is late.

Just wanted to wish you a great one. Don't you wish we would get spoiled all the time and not just on our birthdays.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register