Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 72 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hello ladies!! Happy belated b-days...and sorry for losses my heart goes out. XOXO..The days have come and gone and i dont even know which day it is now..i'm so excited to have a moment to sit and read and write...(although i feel like i'm learning it all over again) as many times as i have to backspace for the spell check as well, I have been packing,moving and working doubles..I dont have time to cry!! my feet are so swollen they dont look like feet, the belly is still there its getting to the point i might not be able to live without it..I agree with all on the pings,pinches,twiches,its like the little nerves i have left (cause everyone haas worked them all) their having a party..I said today each and every nerve is being stepped on and they better look out when the last one goes. I have noticed my patience have worn well hmm ok i admit i no longer possess patience, i think they removed them in surgery. Personally i think they ran away and replaced it with anger issues. I think i need anger management or meds who knows..From last weekend to this weekend i dont think there has been a thing that hasnt happened.Anyway i can go on for days as usual, i have dearly missed everyone and there was not a moment i didnt want to drop what i was doing and run to my computer.I am glad those are doing well, those who are working on it,and those who are almost there. I think to my 6 months to a year wow...Are we there yet?? LOL Have a beautiful night, i will be back to rant and rave some more..by the way i dont think my hormones are working where they are suppose to..weight gain,memory loss,crappy hair, i thought i passed on those side effects..hmm i guess read the smell print..just kidding-but i really was hoping to bypass the stuff, no such luck...waiting for the day to wear a pair of jeans..lots of hugges..

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi folks, I guess that "6 months to normal" that Daffyquacky's doc said is the real deal. hmm..wonder why they don't tell us that going into this surgery?
Even tho I think I"m doing really well, riding almost every day, more strength every day etc. I still get bizarre little symptoms and I still have that swelling/tenderness over my pubic bone. Granted it's not as bad as it was, but it's still there and it ain't just fat!!! There's still plenty of that above even tho I work the old abs every day..I guess I should admit that I was NOT a bikini model BEFORE the surgery so why would removing less that 3 pounds make a difference???
Rachel...I think my patience was removed too! In class, and I have a different bunch of kids every day of the week, I find that I'm saying "How many times do I have to give the same direction?" more and more and more. I have little patience for kids who can't listen the first 5 times I give the directions! And my students are identified as gifted and talented..they have absolutely NO reason, NO learning difficulties, NO excuse for not listening or 'getting it" the first few times!
So..that's where I am..ready to be 100% recovered and that's still a few months away. Ready to be on summer break except that I agreed to teach some summer enrichment courses...duh. And,,.oh forgive me...ready to be a normal pooper!!! hugs to all Joan
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:20 AM

Hello to all! JewJew, I hope you're feeling better. We all have days when it all seems so hard. I hope you were just having a bad day and that today is better.
If anyone told be that I still wouldn't be 100% by the end of May, I wouldn't have believed it. I'm getting there, for sure. Able to do most of my yard work and gardening. My stamina is getting stronger, too. I've also noticed that my typing is getting better, so maybe my brain is starting to recover a bit. My lower abdomen still swells every evening, however. The bladder issues are getting a little better, but no where near normal. I don't know whether or not to keep the urologist appt. I have at the end of the month. I'll keep it open for now. Overall, I'm feeling more and more like my old self (you'll notice I didn't say normal!). I can't wait to get out and try to golf. I think I'll get a cart the first time and see how it goes. I usually walk the course & that's part of the enjoyment for me. We golf on a beautiful course that overlooks the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge. Breathtaking!
I hope everyone enjoys their week-end and has a healthy upcoming week!
Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Thanx callie44, sorry about your losses, seems somehow we manage to get through it. I am going to start using Vagifem topical because of the atrophy and rectocele to see if that helps.
JewJew, I am having BM issues still also, the size and shape are far from what they were before and always have the feeling that something is stuck right at the end. Wondering if i have a gastro issue or if the rectocele is the problem. So tired of calling and going to the doctor. Still just not feeling "healthy". Maybe it is depression and the fact that I never really got the chance to "lay around" and heal.
Thanx sis's
compaq
Unread 05-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Here

Hello all, its 1:10 am and here i am finally sitting down for the day,not sure if all of me is here but my fingers and eyes are good enough for now..I have to be at work at 7am and needed to come here to relax my mind before i try and lay it down..OMG roomy is watching TV and the sounds are driving me literally insane (my eyes are twiching)So i have become so sensitive to sound that i think the last nerve is hanging on by the thread. i just have no patience...My day was the worst roller coaster..got up cranky as usual..but before my morning could even start..i have to vent sorry ladies-short version i promise..i bought my kids phones for x-mas my son got in trouble phone was taken away till end of jan,sister visits in feb 2nd (didnt go well)so she was asked to leave..she stole his phone(other things too)soo 2 weeks ago bought another phone (sacrafice spur of moment)next day daughters phone breaks..buy her used phone (#2)roomy takes phone to work today goes to get gas goes inside and leaves the "HONKERBLONKED"phone on seat of car-door unlocked!!!!!OMG i want to kill..(just kidding)calls me from store to tell me..well patience and anger are now holding hands and running. I am so mad like a junk yard dog!!! and says dont be mean to me, i left for a mintue..mind you the phone has a case and CLIP to attach to clothing!!!So i am crap out of luck again..lets not forget car was broken into 2 weeks ago at old house..my only day off this is it..now from nerves i have to poop..well that has not been working well at ALL!!! not only is a 30min at least ordeal..but i have to fight fuss struggle and get heat flashes on top of it. The constipation should be illegal,needless to say hold on to something or feel like i'm gonna have a anurism from straining. Where does it end??I know the bowels and the bladder are not in correct working order,there def is some contruction going on in there..why couldnt we have come with a manual or a how too book. I'm just starting to get passed the lie of 2-4-6 -8week recovery,(2-4-6 -8months) was the real story. heck lets add a bonus and go for 12 months. Mind you my puppy is a picky pooper and has no problems it just has to be the right spot..well i would trade places with her right now.k in the new house my freezer and dryer went at the same time today..yup..i have been moving boxes etc..(no help)forgot i had surgery woops moved a box with my foot (heavy) and pulled a muscle in my groin that sat me right down..but then went at it again,,my stupid stove took 2 1/2 hours to cook 9 wings yep..my feet officially no longer walk on the ground or tile,carpet,concrete,or grass..but permant hot coals with some needles..they official are full capacity swollen with a burning underneath..some how i managed to put a bruise on my belly by my incision..Oh and my other sister (not another fav)calls and whines she needs to move here for help with her kids HAHAHA( i am single mom of 2 for 16 yrsnow) well no pity party here thats for sure..but guess what?? Patience said we cant have this conversation right now hehe so hung up. too tired to run to the store so i used my face wash pillow exfoliator pad with some dove soap to do dishes!! cause no one can remember to bring rest of kitchen stuff..The ants in my house have taken over and rearranged furniture to their liking..Other than that i am just peachy..But i got alot accomplished..did my patio today looks pretty and sat there and smoke a cig with a smile for 5 long mins, till reality slapped me (more like a beatle flew into me)Belly is great still big has ever,she hasnt lost her fullness,or bloating,or the urge to squeeze into something with a zipper.I think she found a permenant home..hmm,,But i am excited to read posts..i am glad to hear how everyone is doing..i am glad to have a pity party for us, I am glad our bowels are all in sinc go figure..so i guess that means we are normal LOL yeah right.i have to laugh and smile cause thankgod we have a good group here in recovery..we should plan a year hysterversary and meet up to find our chi, or margarita haaha..ok battery is gonna die any second..that means shut up and good night. lots of hugges and kisses to all..thanks for listening!!!!

Rachel
Unread 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM

p.s. someone remind me to tell about the birds...if anyone can remember
Unread 05-19-2008, 04:24 AM

Poor Rachel..I go back and forth between spitting coffee on my screen because you are seeing humor in all this to almost crying for you. It's trite as heck, but...gee...things have to get better for you after all this, doncha think?
The pooping thing is really a pain..literally. And I still have to have a colonoscopy...egads..another 6 months of getting back to normal?
hugs Joan
Unread 05-20-2008, 07:58 AM

been too see doc who said he thinks the pain is a groin strain im not convinced i think it my ovaries playin up again its the same as before the hyster except no bleeding

jewjew
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:23 AM
love these messages

First of all let me just say that I love you all and feel sort of a sistership with you having had my surgery on March 4 and we are all in the same hormonal boat.

I too am having these annoying twitchy muscular pains in my groin area, and right on the pubic bone...if I push in on those areas, ouchy! But...I am doing so much more now, like all of you. Housework, cooking, lots of walking (and at a faster pace now, so I don't look like a hunched over old man), stretching, yoga poses, and I started my beloved swimming three weeks ago. Still no flip turns (I'm probably being overly cautious and big baby but the thought of twisting something out of whack as I do a flip turn in the pool makes me scared), but I did manage two whole laps of butterfly this morning. First lap, ok, second lap, ouch! What was that! My groin! Still, instead of getting out, I kept swimming at an easy pace for another 30 minutes. I just didn't want to stop. I can swim through pain; I'm an athlete. ;-)

I hate that I can't wear my skinny jeans, but then, they were skin tight before surgery. I should just throw them away; they are size 4s and I am crazy to think that's ever gonna happen again. I can zip them up but it HURTS on that swelled "lip" over my incision. I lost about five pounds after surgery but my weight popped right back up last week, like overnight. Arrrgh! So frustrating. I'm sure it's water weight.

Now for a personal question --- are any of you having sex problems/issues? I've tried three times with my BF and it hurt, but while he was out of town last/this week, I tried the ol' vibrator and no pain at all. SO when he comes home, I hope our tryst has a pleasant outcome.

Thank you ladies. Thanks for your hilarious stories and heartfelt emotions. This site has gotten me through it.

Maggie in Ohio
TAH 3/4/08, ovaries left in
49yo
Unread 05-24-2008, 06:40 AM

Ladies,

Now that your surgery was over 8 weeks ago, your thread has been moved to our "date club" forum for you to continue your friendships.

Please remember:

1. If you have a question about your recovery, please start a thread in post-op to get support for your particular issue.

2. To visit the pre-op and post-op forum to answer questions for our other members. Give back as you received from others!

Thanks for making HysterSisters the best support website on the internet! You are wonderful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register