Hi Maryland sisters! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Maryland

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Maryland sisters! Hi Maryland sisters!

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Talking - Hi Maryland sisters! Hi Maryland sisters!

Looking to chat with other Maryland sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Smile - Hi Maryland sisters! New here from Maryland too

I was looking thru the website and found you by accident.I am new on the site. I also am from Maryland. I live in Perry Hall. I had my hysterectomy last month July 6th. I had a complete hysterectomy with the removal of everthing. I had a mass on one of my ovaries, severe endo, heavy bleeding and lots of pain. You name it I had it but I am 47 and not going to have any more children so I decided this was the best way to go. My surgery went great , unfortunetly a week later I ended up back in the hospital with 2 blood clots, one on each lung. So now I am taking blood thinner medication and will have to do so for at least 6 months they say for now.Now due to all the stress I now have the shingles.Things have got to start getting better.
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Maryland sisters!

Hi!

I'm another sister from Maryland that lives in Columbia. I'm 55.

I joined this website in Nov. '06 after I had a TAH to remove fibroids. The surgery went fine, but the pathology report that we received 1 week later was a total shock! Apparently hiding inside my largest fibroid was a cancerous tumor. I was then given the diagnosis of Leiomyosarcoma. Needless to say, it has turned my world upside down.

Fast forward to April '07, another tumor was found and I had to undergo various medical tests, plus a needle biopsy. The doctors thought that the Leiomyosarcoma had reoccurred. So, in May '07 I underwent a 2nd surgery to remove the mass which had stuck to my bladder, had radical bladder surgery, plus removing my ovaries. Thankfully, it was not cancer this time!!!

I've been spending the summer recouperating and feeling good. My last CAT scan in July was negative. Next one will be in October. Apprehension & anxiety are 'the name of the game' that I get to play every 3 months, but it's best to catch any thing when it is still very small and treatable.

It's very nice to meet both of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Smile - Hi Maryland sisters! Waiving from Abingdon, Maryland (Harford County)

Hi Ladies,

It is nice to see so many from my state online here. I have felt so very distanced and alone in my quest for help. It really has been so amazing to me.

Currently I am trying to find a decent gyn to help me with my bleeding, clots, and pain. I was diagnosed when I was 16 yo with endometriosis, ovarian cysts, tilted uterus, and painful periods. I am now bleeding 12 to 15 days a month, and I am going through about 6 boxes of overnight pads (I wear 2 or more at a time), plus 2 superplus tampons at the same time. If I have a huge clot (the size of a rump roast to be exact) it will push out my 2 tampons. I feel like I am giving birth. The pain meds I have been given have been Naprosyn (a joke), and now I am self-medicating with Lortab. It is the only thing that helps me at all. My entire life is miserable. I am sitting on 3 beach towels whenever I go out driving, or am sitting in a chair. My entire social life is now dictated by my monthly. It is just that bad. If I do go out, I carry a gym bag with me loaded with pads, tampons, underwear, another set of clothes, and washclothes. At night I sleep with a ziplock bag of ice on my face. It has just come to this. YIKES!

I have seen 3 prior gyn's in the Towson area, but they just blew me off because of my age (44 yo). If anyone could recommend a gyn to me, I would be thrilled to death. Just pm me the name and phone number if you have it available.

Thank you for listening to my rants. I am just at the end of my rope.

Blessings to all,
Roseptl
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Thumbs up - Hi Maryland sisters! Hi Maryland sisters!

Hi Rosepetl,

It's very nice to meet you, but I'm very sorry to hear about the pain and suffering you've gone through!

If you are looking for a GYN, I would suggest looking at one of the major hospitals in Baltimore City. Each website will list their doctors, their specialty and if they have an area of concentration. You may have to try various doctors before you find one that you like, but it will definitely be worth your while. Perhaps going to a female GYN who should be more understanding is the way to go.

Here is a link that provides you with recommended doctors in MD. Hope it helps. http://www.suggestadoctor.com/doctors_state_MD.htm

Please keep us updated.
Unread 09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Maryland sisters!

Hi Shirley,

It is nice to meet you too and thank you for the link. However, trying to get an appointment within 6 months is next to impossible. And I am in pain. I hope this makes senses...I know my body, and I know that something is very wrong. I am having pain before, during, and after my period. My usual gyn wants to do just a D&C using a local in her office, and I am just way too scared to handle that. I asked for a twilight at least, and she said no. So, that ended our relationship right then and there. She is also anti-meds no matter what. The huge clots and bleeding for 3 weeks a month is just zapping me of all of my energy.

I already went to the local hospital here, and waiting over 12 hours to be seen. I was basically ignored. Nobody said so much as boo to me. I continued asking about when it was my turn, and I was just blown off. After bleeding and being in pain, I had to leave. It was just way too horrible to even imagine.
Unread 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Maryland sisters!

I've surprised that a doctor would want to do a D&C in her office! I've had several D&C's and they were always done as an out patient in the hospital. I was definitely given twilight sleep and when I woke up the procedure was over.

Bleeding & clotting 3 weeks out of each month would definitely zap you of your energy! I hope you were checked for anemia.

When you call the various doctor's offices make sure to stress that this is not a routine appointment and that you need to be seen a.s.a.p. Ask for a doctor that has an appointment within 2 weeks. Get on their call back list if their is a cancellation, so you would have the opportunity to get in sooner. Explain the problems you are having & tell them how long this has been going on.

Hospitals will make patients wait a very long time because they triage their cases. They take the patients that are critically ill or acute first and then everyone else sits for hours. That's just the way they work.

Hang in there! I'm sure you will find a doctor to see you soon!
Unread 09-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Maryland sisters!

[font=Tahoma]Hi Maryland Hystersisters

I live in Parkville, Md. I had my hyster on March 19 2003. It was a pretty amazing feeling to be free of pain after 20 years and three operations for fibroids. It has been a rough 4 years but I survived. My hyster triggered all my childhood abuses I had block out. Now I am in therapy trying to cope with life. In 2005 I lost my job and in 2007 I finally got disability. So there is life after hyster. It is nice to see you all.
Take cake all.
Unread 09-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi Maryland sisters!

Hi Confused One,

It's nice to "see" another person from the Baltimore area on Hystersisters! Wonderful to hear that you are finally free of pain. That's a blessing! Sorry to read about your hardships, but you are so right when you say "there is life after a hysterectomy".

Take care,
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Maryland sisters!

Hello Maryland Sisters!

I'm on the Eastern Shore of our fair state. I'm a transplant -- been here about 11 years. I think I might becoming insane as my TAH/BSO is three weeks from this Monday. I'm torn between wanting it over with and not wanting it at all. However, not having it done is not an option. I'm very fortunate that I have a superb dr.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Peace,
Dianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register