Clumping, sloughing, and OTC hormones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clumping, sloughing, and OTC hormones Clumping, sloughing, and OTC hormones

Unread 08-22-2020, 10:31 AM
Clumping, sloughing, and OTC hormones

Well, the board is a bit confusing since local Vagifem, according to my doctor, does not count as HRT. I cannot have HRT, have a clotting disorder (factor V Leiden) and nobody will prescribe me anything. I thought I’d put in one post my experience over the past 3 months, since my LAVH/BSO, in case anyone searches these boards the way I do, for reassurance and comfort.
Feeling of stuck tampon, rectal pressure, perineal swelling: yes. It started at about 6 weeks and it’s getting better, but still there quite often. I was sure I had some serious prolapse but my pelvic floor therapist says it all looks pretty tight in there. I don’t know what is it, I suppose swelling from the surgery that comes and goes.
Stitches: I never saw any.
Spotting: after the mild pink first two weeks, none until at two months, when I started spotting after intercourse. Doctor seems unfazed, says to give Vagifem more time.
Vagifem: getting the low low dose (10 micrograms) tablet Insert twice a week. I think it works, I was so dry and white after the surgery. Again pelvic floor therapist says, you don’t want to be white in there, and you don’t want your labia major to merge with labia minor. That’s serious atrophy and not good. She also said she prefers the Vagifem cream because you can apply some externally too. My surgeon’s NP prefers the tablet, so tablet it is.
Moisturizers and lubricants: I got Vital V, Creme de la Femme, Good Clean Love Restore, and just ordered the water based Yes. I never pampered my vagina so much. Moisturizers and lubricants are two different things, first is for maintenance, second just before sex. They seem to all work, I like Good Clean restore because it says something about lactic acid and restoring the pH. No reaction to any, at least for me and for now.
Clumps and sloughing of vaginal tissue: yes. I found some chunks of white stuff after sex today, almost like mushed toilet paper. We used a condom so no, not THAT. A search on this board shows women do experience that. Thank god for this site, nobody else seems to mention it. I thought it was the Vagifem not dissolving, hence my order for a water-based moisturizer. Maybe it’s vaginal tissue, we will see.
Orgasms: happening, mostly external ones. Works for me. I’m still pretty tentative so as not to burst anything in there. My daughter says I’m a sock puppet (why did I have children to mock me).
UTIs And bowel: none so far, and I’ve had many in the past. I drink my D Mannose diligently and stay hydrated.
Stools: Metamucil is amazing for a no wipe poo, but my guts don’t like it. I started it three times, and each time I get serious anal swelling. I’ll just eat raw veggies and oatmeal. I also have a squatty potty.
Estriol: not for me. I got cream on Amazon because of hot flashes. Hot flashes did not subside, and maybe got worse. Moreover, I’d pass out in a sleep stupor as soon as I applied, and got polydipsia, which is unbearable thirst. No good. I returned it. Also my breast cysts swelled up, (now deflated again) so clear no.
Hot flashes: started at about two months, come mostly at night. I don’t have a solution yet other than, crank up your A/C. I’m reluctant to try any herbs after my estriol experience, I’m also very sensitive to SSRIs and other substances. I ordered Omega 3 fish oil, I know I tolerate that.
Dry skin: very. Legs look like two baby crocodiles. Lipikar works wonders.
Hair falling: a lot after the surgery, now seems to have slowed down.
Feel better ladies, I love my pelvic floor therapist, she’s better, more patient, and probably more useful at this point than an Obgyn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2020, 08:33 AM

And a three months update. Obgyn says I look good (she gave me a hug... hello, covid?!) but I still have this anorectal discomfort almost daily. I stopped vagifem and now using YES lubricant/moisturizer... I read some vagifem reviews describing that. But it still came back. I’m at a loss. No incontinence of any kind so I should consider myself lucky... but it is very distracting. I’ll try anusol suppositories and maybe manage my food. I already eat little because I’m concerned my intestines are pushing on my pelvic floor. I exercise, walk... sigh.
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:34 AM

If someone approached me with their arms out for a hug, I'd take a step back, hold my hand up like a stop sign, and say "I appreciate the gesture, but with COVID concerns, let's just stick to no-contact greetings." As for your poop issues, I suggest swapping out the D-mannose and the Metamucil for increased fibre intake from a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, supplemented with a low FODMAPs certified fibre supplement, which is lower in fermentable carbohydrates, accompanied by a healthy dose of magnesium from dark chocolate, leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, almonds, or a magnesium supplement like Natural Calm; also, if you're eating more fruits and vegetables, be sure to avoid those that are high in fermentable carbohydrates, including legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, pears, prunes, apricots, cherries, and artificial sweeteners. For the vaginal dryness, try using coconut or olive oil as a lubricant. For the hot flashes, be sure to drink around 6-8 glasses of water per day, which can help with proper temperature regulation, and avoid common flash triggers, including hot or spicy food, hot drinks, caffeine, alcohol, and rapid temperature changes. Wishing you all the best for sorting out these issues soon, and for continued health and healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2020, 05:49 PM

Thank you! Yes, I went on the fodmap diet for a bit and felt significantly better. I might cause myself harm with the constant experimenting though, because hot flashes are unbearable. I have to stick with d-mannose for UTIs according to my urologist, so that stays. Metamucil and citrucel... no, at least not for now. I got bezwecken phyto lab 4x and I feel like I’m dying. Took it for two days, morning and evening under tongue a few drops... hot flashes got a lot worse, I can’t breathe, feel like a weird cough. I stopped, somebody please learn from my mistakes. Hopefully I’ll clear it from my system without any long term effects. I would do anything for a night of sleep, I used to sleep like a baby. Oh well, I’ll take a break from experimenting, I have so many herbs, nothing works.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register