Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters Around the World > Canada

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019) Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019)

Unread 12-29-2019, 07:11 PM
Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019)

I am looking for a GYN to do my hysterectomy here in Toronto.

I am St Mike's GYN patient, and my GYN there said he would do my Hysterectomy, but he has left the country. My current GYN there seems to think that Mirena IUD will fix everything, but it doesn't. My enlarged uterus (Adenomyosis) is pulling down my bladder. I have had to get catheters at times to manage the urinary retention. As well as self-catheterization.

I had Prolapse surgery in 2015 for this, but the pain and dropping uterus (retroverted) issue keeps returning. In short, the uterus is too big, and needs to come out. Last I saw, an ultrasound said it is 11 cm.

My UroGyn (Mount Sinai) says she will only do a Hysterectomy if I take Lupron, but I am concerned about the serious side effects, namely degenerative spine and arthritis/joint issues. My mother and Aunts are crippled with Arthritis. I don't want Lupron to do this to me, esp in my late 40s.

I am wondering about women who have had successful Lap Hysterectomies in Toronto, and the surgeons who did them.

Thank you for any assistance or recommendations,

Emma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2019, 07:36 AM
Re: Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019)

Emma!

Hopefully there are members who have doctors they can recommend, but it has to be done privately. As a friendly reminder to everyone, per the website guidelines doctor names can't be posted on the message boards. Any names that are posted on the message boards will be removed. However, members can contact you by Private Message or email using the links found by clicking on your username.

Good luck with your search!

Unread 01-01-2020, 04:38 AM
Re: Anyone from Toronto, Ontario? GYN recommendations (2019)

and greetings from a fellow Torontonian!
I just sent you a private message with my recommendation, and I wish you the best of luck in finding the right surgeon for your needs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register