Norwalk, CT - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Connecticut

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Norwalk, CT

Hi!
Factor V Leiden is the opposite of hemophelia. I clot too good, that's why I'm at an increased risk for blod clots. It's a relatively recent discovery. My Dad developed a blood clot after a long flight a few years back and he was then diagnosed with it. My whole family got checked and we all tested positive for it, except my Mom. It's easy to manage as I've never had a blood clot. I just take a baby aspirin a day. Just one more thing to consider when managing my health!
As for the rectal bleeding, from what I've read, it's a classic symptom on intestinal endometriosis. I've had a colonoscopy and everything was fine. Endo is not detectable by colonoscopys though. Had to have it though. Because I only get it during my periods, they strongly suspect it to be the intestinal endo. But as you know, the only way to really diagnose it is to do surgery. I'm only getting cut open once!! Hoping they can take care of all of it at once.
I'm really concerned about my job. My boss is soooo dependent on me. He will freak! How do I tell him about the hysterectomy so he wont' freak out on me?? Any advice?
Thanks again sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Norwalk, CT

Bailey- Good Luck with the boss.The only way to tell him is just flat out.Maybe there would be away that you could be doing work from home while you recover from surgery, which is what I did. However, let me warn you to limit your time at home with the work.In my case the company that I work for began really taking advantage of me while I was home.I would spend many hours on the phone or on the comp.(which was linked up to the comapny system)for some really stupid questions and concerns, they would wake me up from naps and instead of saying call me later, they instead would say "oh I'm sorry and continue with their problems.If you're able to do that..great, but be firm about the hours and times of when you could work.Or turn your phone off when you are resting(something I never did, but should have done) Good luck
Unread 03-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Norwalk, CT

Those are great suggestions! I will definitely be able to work from home but I never thought about limiting the time like you suggested. I work for all men (40!) so I know they would expect me to be at their beck and call. I'll have to be firm right from the beginning. It's going to be very difficult because they are all men! should I just tell him that on such-and-such date I'll be out due to a hysterectomy. I'll need "x" amount of weeks off and then after "x" weeks I'll slowly be able to begin to work from home? Any suggestions?? Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Norwalk, CT

Bailey,
Tell them you need ATLEAST x amount of time off and will go slow when you return. Don't set a definite time frame, you are dealing with men, not women. Remember they have 2 brains, a southern and a northern, and most times only the southern one works. LOL They don't think logicly like us, nor do they have any clue what we go through with our uterus. I once told my cousin when he was giving me a hard time about being so emotional and in pain for so long that it is equivalent to him loosing his penis or testicles (sorry for being so graphic, but it is true). He told his parents what I said and my aunt ripped him up one side and down the other and then his doctor told him I was right. LOL Anyway, my point is be firm, just don't set definite dates because they will more than likely make you stick to them.
Hugs,
Toni
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Norwalk, CT

Hi Bailey,
I worked PT from home ater my surgery too. The temp they had hired to fill in for me quit the 2nd day I was gone. My op was on a Monday and I told them that I would not be available for the 1st week at all, and then I would call them and let them know just how much I could handle. I would work on and off during the day and was able to put in about 20 hrs a week but not all the time. I would work maybe in 1/2 hr intervals then taking 1/2 hr off. It would bother me to sit still for any length of time. I had a VPN set up on my computer and we would communicate via email. That way my boss knew when I was up and it would be OK to call if she needed me. Some nights when I couldn't sleep i could get up and do some of my work. The days I had to go for my doc appts, i would pop into the office for a little while (and hour maybe). It worked for me, but not every job it will work for. Good luck...
Unread 03-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Norwalk, CT

Are you kidding...tell them right off the bat that it will be 8 weeks. That way if you feel better at 6 or 7 weeks to go back..then it's your call. Always go for the worst case senario and then it's your call. Ten to one, you will probably need the full 8 weeks, especially if you have an abnominal surgery.Trust me take full advantage of this situation, especially if you're working with a bunch of men...you'll need your full rest for a better recovery, because we already know that they will run you ragged.LOL
Unread 03-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Norwalk, CT

You know what? You're absolutely right! The men in my office would never take it easy on me, especially if i'm working from home. then they'll think I'm there for them 24/7! I am more concerned by my bosses reaction. He gets upset when I have to call in sick. I've only done that once and he went on and on. so you can imagine how he'll take this. Plus I'm worried about my home. My husband is very sweet, but clueless when it comes to housework, cooking and the kids. Unfortunately, I can see him expecting my 12 year old daughter to fill my shoes. If the house is filthy, it's highly likely that I'll overdo it. Makes me stressed out just thinking about it. wish I could count on him but i just cant when it comes to this stuff. Any advice?
Unread 03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Norwalk, CT

Oh Boy,where do i begin....my DH is a real sweetie, before I came home from the hospital, he told me that he was going to do everything. Okay so the first night we had tunafish sandwiches for dinner...Do you see where i'm going with this yet??? The 2nd night he bought pizza(okay I was happy with that at least) as far as the housework...can you say Half-***??? He swept and mopped the kitchen floor only where you walk(not under the kitchen table or anything) and let's not even talk about the bathroom. I only would tell him to do a few things that were really neccessary.He did everything i told him, but did a lousy job. But not once did I moan or complain, because he did make an effort without any problems.I think after the 2nd week I was doing very light duties, like dusting, sweeping the floors and doing dishes. Mind you I did these things very slowly and carefully.I knew I wasn't suppose to be doing anything, but couldn't stand it, and yes, got yelled at by my hubby when he came home from work and found out I was doing some cleaning. You will know your own limitations of what you will be able to do and or not to do.
And the rest you will have to close your eyes and pray that someone will either volunteer or the "wish fairy" will do it all.Trust me you and your family will survive.As far as the house work....leave it be hopefully everyone will pitch in to help. good Luck....
Unread 03-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Norwalk, CT

I so enjoyed your reply! You really made me laugh. It reminded me of the time I had an emergency appecdectomy and after being in the hospital for 3 days, I asked my DH if our kids (then 7 and 6) if had had any vegetables since I'd been in the hospital. His reply? "There was lettuce in the tacos at taco bell!" He is a real sweetie and you've reminded me that I need to keep things in perspective. It'll all work out. Maybe I'll hire a cleaning service for when I'm recovering! That's pampering yourself!
Unread 03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Norwalk, CT

Yes, Lettuce is good!!!! LOL ...You have to laugh, men just don't get it.Or actually they probably do but don't want to admit to anything for fear we will always make them do these things.Any way, i know that you and the household chores will be fine.We will always have housework, so having your house go a few weeks not being spotless isn't going to kill anyone. You will either adjust to the imperfections or you will be screaming your head off at everyone.My advise is adjust and ignore.... because we know how the family feels when we are screaming meaniacs..right??The whole family will only be more helpful to you if you are calm and so thankful..even if they do a lousy job..be so very thankful....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register