Family Member in Military? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > God Bless America, Land that I love

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Family Member in Military? Family Member in Military?

Unread 08-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Family Member in Military?

Hello everyone! I'm also a Marine Mom. My son is currently serving his 2nd tour in Iraq. He's a "tanker" so rides around in the big tanks all day. He says right now it's extremely hot over there and even hotter in the tanks.

My thoughts and prayers are with all our children as they serve our wonderful Country!

Gatorfan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Hi Everyone..I am a little different as I am the military member. Been in the Air Force for 20 years on October 19, 2007..I am retiring on Nov 2, 4 days after the anniversary of my hysterectomy....I cant wait!!!
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:05 PM

Congratulations on your upcomig retirement and thanks for all your dedicated years of service.

I see we are "neighbors".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Hey Gator fan,,,it is always good to find neighbors on site...and thanks for the congrats...I I send a heartfelt thankyou to you and your son, tell him we are grateful for his service as well....
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM

I've been a Proud Army Mom for almost 2 years now. My son graduated from basic at Ft. Sill, OK, did AIT at Ft. Sam Houston and was stationed at Ft. Hood, TX until early this month. He's recently been deployed and is in Baghdad, Iraq at the moment.

He's a medic and constantly reminds me that he spends his days in a clinic on post, not kicking down doors, but you worry just the same.

You ladies and your sons/daughters will be in my prayers!

Jean
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM

My nephew, Nathan, recently arrived at Camp Taji..We are all very proud of him and can't wait for him to come home safely!
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM

My nephew, Nathan, recently arrived at Camp Taji..We are all very proud of him and can't wait for him to come home safely! And my oldest son recently was hired by Homeland Security and is going through intensive training for marksman, etc. God Bless America!
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Thumbs up - Family Member in Military? Military moms!

I've been in the military for 20 years and I love every minute of it. (well, not every minute)!

My husband is retired Air Force, I'm active duty. My 16 year old son assures me that he will NEVER join the military! (I believe he may change his mind)...He's an only child and he has had the adventures of living all over the world. He was born in Germany...(on American Soil...he's an American!)...He has been to 9 schools to include 2 high schools. He graduates next year and I hope to stay here until he does!

The hardest part is being away from family. I left Ohio 20 years ago for a 4 year "gig"...20 years later I'm living in Okinawa, Japan. I've lived in Arizona, California, Germany, Colorado - twice, Montana, Georgia...I've visited Hong Kong, Vietnam, every country in Europe just about...

I'm proud to serve, I'm proud of our troops, I love our country!

My son will not join, but who knows...

Anyway, I LOVE the military! We also have decent benefits. Like paying for my hysterectomy. I had mine done at a Navy hospital and the doctor was WONDERFUL! I have been treated like a Queen by the military medical personnel. Medical happens to be my "military" thing as well. I'm a medic and an LPN. Not to say that I'm "practicing" here on the hystersisters website because this hysterectomy thing is new to me too! I'm having an awesome recovery from my TVH - bilateral oopherectomy/salpingectomy....(whatever it's called...they took it all!)

Be proud of your sons and daughters!

Like I said, I'm Air Force, but currently I have an assignment where I get to work with all branches. I've learned a lot about the Marines, Army, Navy...See when you are a certain branch, you live/breathe that branch. Like they say, it's not just a "JOB"...it's a "way of life"...anyway, I've learned the differences in each branch. It takes a certain person to do what the Marines do...what the Army does...the Air Force, Coast Guard, Reserves and even Public Health Services...

You ladies take care!
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Wink - Family Member in Military? Proud of your family serving in the Military

Hey, all you moms. Do you know that you can display a banner on your flag...(you all have a beautiful American Flag hanging outside your home, don't you?)...the banner can be purchased at any military base clothing sales, but maybe you can check online...there are different banners for someone actively serving, someone that retired from serving etc; You can also get an Air Force Flag, Marine Corp, Army etc;...

I sent one to my brother and people have commented to him about, "I didn't know you had a sister in the military"...Nice to display this banner with your flag. And remember...the American Flag always hangs free (like the freedom the people of our great country enjoy)...it is taken down at the end of the day unless illuminated at night. When it's tattered and torn, it needs to be disposed of properly (and REPLACED!) Take it to your VFW...they usually have a mail drop box and they will dispose of it properly.
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Virtuous,
Thanks for your service. Your retirement is the day my son is to graduate BCT.

GatorFan,Jean & Morganlady
You, your sons and nephew are in my prayers as they serve in Iraq.

chevell,
thanks also for your service. Are you talking of the Blue Star Banners or another one?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register