Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Unread 04-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Sounds like a plan. I Think thinking ahead is smart to keep from a misstep. Didn’t mean the pun in relationship to the stairs but there’s that too. Hope you are able to get to that Vaccine sight. Plan to eat light Wednesday night and before the shot. I found that my digestion was effected by my second shot and since you are already having some issue in that department, make it things that are easy to digest.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2021, 09:50 PM

I don’t want to panic, but I am on day 3 post op, and just had my first bright red blood “spotting” and a small clot.... I know they said to watch for a pad an hour, but given that I haven’t had ANY prior to this.... just had me nervous.
Unread 04-26-2021, 10:13 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Anyone suddenly get worse pain after feeling better? My surgery was Tuesday and I felt like I was making good progress except for the catheter making me crazy. But tonight my pain is a lot worse than before. It's a stinging pain on either side of my belly button. Is this normal or did I make things worse somehow? I've hardly been doing anything so I don't think I overworked myself. But that combined with some cloudy urine that I think means a UTI has me really really discouraged tonight. I called my doctor about the UTI earlier today but he's out of town and didn't get back with me. And I'm sure it doesn't help that tomorrow is my birthday. I definitely didn't predict having a catheter in on my 35th birthday. Sorry, I know this is a dramatic post and things aren't really that bad but I'm just in my feelings tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2021, 07:22 AM

Ladies,

Td, the fact that this is the 1st spotting can be normal, many don’t get any for a few days. But it never hurts to give the Dr a call, even just talk to the nurse. Have you been more active the day prior to this? Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what they say.

Katrina, sorry that you are having more pain. This recovery can be a bit of a so patience sweet sister. About the possible UTI, Why don’t you get an OTC test kit for UTIs. Maybe if you are positive the nurse can phone a script in for you. And a suggestion: in the mean time drink lots of water and high Vit C juices. By lots I mean a glass ever half hour until you start going to the bathroom ever half hour. This will purge the urine from your bladder and can get rid of lots of the bacteria. Keep us in the loop, thinking of you.

Hope all are doing better. This is not a sprint it is a marathon so please do pace yourselves mentally along with going forward with “baby step”. It is too easy to overdo, so keep it slow.

Sister hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-27-2021, 09:33 AM

Good morning sisters! Feeling more energetic on day 4, but not pushing it! Took another shower and rested in my comfy chair for a while. Now back in bed. My left side feels better this morning. My right side is still tender, it’s the side where she poked through the muscle wall and to be expected. I am alert during the day, start feeling more pain around dinner time and knocking out early for 12 hour stretches. Drinking lots of water, some apple juice and a morning coffee (heaven on earth!) I have been taking stool softeners twice a day and will for two weeks as they’re keeping things moving along. I feel better than I expected and just plan to ratchet it down and rest! I am hoping today finds you all on the mend and feeling a bit better today than yesterday.
Unread 04-27-2021, 09:37 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdash4 View Post
Anyone suddenly get worse pain after feeling better? My surgery was Tuesday and I felt like I was making good progress except for the catheter making me crazy. But tonight my pain is a lot worse than before. It's a stinging pain on either side of my belly button. Is this normal or did I make things worse somehow? I've hardly been doing anything so I don't think I overworked myself. But that combined with some cloudy urine that I think means a UTI has me really really discouraged tonight. I called my doctor about the UTI earlier today but he's out of town and didn't get back with me. And I'm sure it doesn't help that tomorrow is my birthday. I definitely didn't predict having a catheter in on my 35th birthday. Sorry, I know this is a dramatic post and things aren't really that bad but I'm just in my feelings tonight.
Unread 04-27-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdkatdockter View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Happy Birthday! I got new stinging pain in the tops of my thighs after a few days but it seems to be dissipating. I still love around very slowly. My main problem now is nausea/dizziness though I don’t know why this would be related to my surgery. I’ve stopped taking pain meds. Maybe just being stressed out from everything :-(
Unread 04-27-2021, 11:02 AM

April,

Maybe you should do a OTC test for UTIs, somethings they do show up second week and they can cause nausea and dizziness. You might want to check your temp. And also give your Dr’s office a call. These are common with this surgery, many report they don’t feel like they did before their hyst. They are also knocked out easily with antibiotics. Please see the advice I suggested above to Katrina. Let us know how you are doing.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-27-2021, 11:03 AM

I was nauseous yesterday but according to my Flo app I was supposed to start my period yesterday so I attribute it to some sort of cycle hormones. I had my surgery a week ago today. Also I have discovered that some soy products make me nauseous. Could it be something you ate? Are you having any other symptoms like fever or warm on your incision areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by April2021 View Post
Happy Birthday! I got new stinging pain in the tops of my thighs after a few days but it seems to be dissipating. I still love around very slowly. My main problem now is nausea/dizziness though I don’t know why this would be related to my surgery. I’ve stopped taking pain meds. Maybe just being stressed out from everything :-(
Unread 04-27-2021, 11:14 AM

Day 7 and feeling pretty good but still taking it slow. The shower took a lot out of me today, but I also haven’t taken any supplements yet today. I take C, B Complex, plant based iron and Phsyllium. I’m going to lower my Advil intake today and see how I am feeling. I have noticed the last several days any pain that I have is deep inside. I assume this is the cuff healing of course I can’t be sure. I don’t know what else it would be. It’s not really pain it’s more like it’s making itself known. Having had other surgeries prior I do know that as things start to really heal they begin to make themselves known via nerve endings. The stitch on my vaginal tear still bothers me but it is not red or inflamed so I’m trusting the process. This part of recovery is challenging for me because I feel OK enough to work but I’m still having bouts of exhaustion and I can’t sit up in order to work well. Therefore I’m sticking to my original two weeks out of the office and just trying to let others shine while I am incapacitated. This part is so hard for me but I’m reminded to remain grateful that I could take the time to have this surgery.

I truly hope everyone is doing OK and that the people that are suffering with potential UTIs etc. are getting the help they need and taking good care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register