Teallys Thread - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Teallys Thread Teallys Thread

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Re: Teallys Tourtured Tuppys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfreel View Post
Judith, it will be SO worth it when you're done!!

Teally, sounds like a lovely way to start a morning! Maybe everyone here can help you think of ways to get back at your hubby. <snicker>
Nancy ,he is walking on egg shells ,he knows something comming but not from where or when ,hahaaaaaar ,I like to build up to my revenge ,and just when he thinks I forgot ,and he relaxes, dat dadar here I am ,you multitasking again lol got two screens on the go eh one earning hah hah ,what a gal xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM

Hi girls! I'm sitting here in front of the fire,watching the trees bend in the wind! Son is at work, hubby is out in the garage doing something with his drill and I have peace for a while to knit and catch up with you all. We have to go and see his mum later, it's our turn to look after her this evening. She has Alzheimer's and her cancer has returned but she still lives at home with the family taking turns to look after her. It's a waiting game now, I'm afraid. It has been a tough time for my hubby. He lost his brother suddenly at end of July, just 4 days after our daughters wedding, lost his sister at start of feb and now his mum is not well again. He is a positive man however. He says we should always do our best for people we care about when they are with us . That way, you have no regrets when they're gone. So true girls , all we should ever do is our best. We don't have to be perfect, accept what's good enough and carry on.
Here ends my sermon for today!!!!!!!
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Swah you are right, how old is his mum? My mum is 89, and I live too far away to be much help, but she is home from the hospital and so happy to be. My 2 sisters that live there are looking after her meals and taking turns bringing her to their houses during the day, bringing her to her own house for the evening. I will go see her as much as I can before my op, won't be doing much traveling after that for awhile.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teally View Post
Hey you brain boxes ,well done nancy and Judith ,
Well just been woken from a zobiclone induced sleep ,by Snow White and ticker bell ,the kids dived on me all sparkle and arms and legs ,so made them get under the blanket for a story ,they were dressed in there dressing up outfits ,and it's freezing today ,got my log burner roaring away ,
They gone now ,we will be having visitors on n off all day ,I just told hubby I'm dieting for hols ,he said what do they call your diet ,the dustbin diet ,you just chuck owt in ,he will pay for that comment later ,love x
Teally how old are your grandkids? You remind me so much of my own gramma, she was loving and told stories, made us funny stuffed animals out of old shirts & things and put embroidery faces on them. I still have a few of them. She would make the stuffed things "talk" to us. How I loved her.
Getting tears in my eyes now. The circle of life just keeps going 'round. Now my mum has become her mum, when she goes it's my turn.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM

Hey Sazc nice to see you in "my" neighborhood. Did you find your way OK?
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM

Hi flame, mum in law is 89. She has not really started to come to terms with losing her daughter , because it was she who found her collapsed on the floor. She lost her oldest and youngest within a 7 month period. Very hard! In some ways having Alzheimer's is a blessing because she forgets the losses easily, they flit in and out of her mind so she doesn't dwell on them too long.
Thankfully my mum is very active. She is nearly 88 . She was round with Easter eggs for her great granddaughters yesterday. She loves them dearly. It's true what you say, that the circle of life keeps turning and we are all part of the circle. Long may we roll the wheel! Xx
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM

Swah9 I agree with your hubby ,
Flamewomen ,my grandma lived till 96 ,used to look after all her grandchildren about 20 of us,she had us once or twice a week ,separate ,a few kids at a time ,I'm one of 5 ,she taught me to cook , bake,sew basic ,she could do anything ,she dressmaker decorator upholster settee s chairs ,cobbler ,a brilliant knitter and embroidery ,she made me able to use my imagination ,to even make a game up with nothing ,,the other day ,I had the girls feeding leaves to the Loch Ness monster and leavening the leaves for when we were not looking ,they were having great conversations with nessy,even a news paper I'll cut a fish out and waff it with the paper and have a race ,I'll play in the park hours being the troll that lives under the bridge ,as they run over it ,they love made up stories more than books ,it usually involves winning a wonker style golden ticket ,that allows then to go Disney land my girls are 3 just gone and 4 ,my boy is 6 ,one due in sept ,I live for them all ,only trouble is learning how to live for me ,when I go away I always say ,god wish we had fetched them or one of them ,or oh they would love this ,we are a bit obsessive with them xx no poking for me need that hols I not gonna set off anything xxxxx
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swah9 View Post
Hi flame, mum in law is 89. She has not really started to come to terms with losing her daughter , because it was she who found her collapsed on the floor. She lost her oldest and youngest within a 7 month period. Very hard! In some ways having Alzheimer's is a blessing because she forgets the losses easily, they flit in and out of her mind so she doesn't dwell on them too long.
Thankfully my mum is very active. She is nearly 88 . She was round with Easter eggs for her great granddaughters yesterday. She loves them dearly. It's true what you say, that the circle of life keeps turning and we are all part of the circle. Long may we roll the wheel! Xx
Poor lady ,I just cannot imagine the thought ,I always say I would die too ,to be with the one who did ,I don't sleep at night sometimes with the worry of that ,it's a wonder it did not send her crazy ,and set that off bless her x
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:39 AM

Getting back to playing ,a lot of young mums have lost the best years of the kids lives and are stressed out all the time due to having to finance there lifestyles ,I work , as well as my main job in nurses all around my area ,as a relief nursery help ,and do stay and play sessions ,with parents and kids ,you can lay out every thing before they come ,dressing up corner,teaset,farm yards paints ,play doe ,sand and toys water play ,outside play ,some kids will come in and get stuck in ,others just have not learned how to play ,and the parents will be sat ,not even attempting to show and encourage ,so I'll start and to play and encourage mom ,and she will shout at the kid ,don't you get sand or paint on those designer jeans ,or your in bother ,so the kid just never learns ,we encourage tasting fruit and veg ,and you'll get the mam shouting hey you don't like that and making a puking face in front of the kid ,so the kid thinks its wrong to eat it ,these parents are so gonna regret the consequences of there own behaviour in times to come ,kids are not kids there mini me ,monkey see monkey do xx
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:48 AM

I stayed home with my kids until they were in school all day, then went back to college, then worked part-time, so they were 14 and 16 before they came home from school to me not being there -- and that was only for 90 minutes. I watch parents who don't participate in the play and others who control every second of it -- not realizing that through boredom comes creativity. They can't learn how to make up their own games and entertainment if they're never allowed or motivated to do it.

As far as the computers and cell phones, not only is it easier to let the kids play games and text, but I've seen a lot of times when families are out to dinner and Mom and Dad are texting while the kids are turning upside down in their seats with boredom -- hoping for just one second of parental attention. Out to dinner is one of the best times to chat with kids and get them to actually respond and give detail, but not if everyone is texting.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register