Surgery yesterday and having a hard time falling asleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery yesterday and having a hard time falling asleep Surgery yesterday and having a hard time falling asleep

Unread 02-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Surgery yesterday and having a hard time falling asleep

I'm so sleepy but just can't sleep.

Surgery went well. I was to go in at 9:30am but didn't get in till 11:30, first thing I said was I have to poop! Doctor came and talk to and thank God my family too, cause I didn't remember what he said.

He had to take the right ovary and part of the left. This wasn't planned, but I guess the right was filled with "I can't think of the name of it or spelling? As well as the cervix and uterus.

I have the pump for pain, I can press it every 6 mintues. This will be taken away today and then I'll have oral pain pills to take.

I also still have the bag hooked up, which also comes off today. Nurse said she'll have me shower and then get up and walk the halls for awhile. I have really nice nurses so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Re: Surgery yesterday and having a hard time falling asleep

I never slept first 28 hrs, you will nod off when your body let's you, until then take it easy xx
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:19 AM

My heart is with you, wishing you the best possible recovery.

Please, rest as much as humanly possible.

I hope you'll be out of pain in no time. My first day was horrible... and the second was heaven! The pain just disappeared for good. I wish you the same: go away, pain!

Hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2012, 10:31 AM

I found that while I was in the hospital that the more you think about trying to go to sleep the more you wont sleep.

Just let yourself relax and it will sneak up on you and you will feel so much better once you get a good long nap in.

Im glad everything went well for you.
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Try to rest. They gave me Dilaudid and that stuff wiped me out last night. How long are you staying? I know it's tough when they come in every couple hours to take your vitals and to check on you.

I hope your feeling better soon!
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM

I'm glad you have nice nurses! I hope you can get some sleep. I didn't sleep at all in the hospital. (At a pre-op appt. the nurse said that would happen, so it must be common)

I think the things they had on my legs kept me from sleeping (but kept blood flowing, which was certainly more important, can't remember what they are called)

Sending hugs and prayers for your healing and sleeping!
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Same thing happened to me , major insomnia for weeks and weeks after surgery - just sleep whenever you can but be prepared insomnia will become your "new " reality
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Im on the opposite of this. Seems like all I wanna do is sleep. During my waking hours I use the bathroom, eat, and mess around on here then back to bed for me.

I hope youre able to get some sleep soon. Once you do it will be like heaven!
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:40 AM

I didn't sleep much for first three days, then couldn't stay awake, only got up to take pain meds and eat a bit for next three days, then alternates between insomnia and sleeping lots. At 5 weeks just now able to get up in am with family and stay up some days, then go back to bed until noon other days. Hope you sleep soon. Once you get home, have family set you up with everything you need...water in a water bottle, that if it tips over will not spill. Your medicine nearby, pillows pillows pillow to prop up for comfort, heating pads, ear plugs and eye mask if you are not a great sleeper, Anything else you might need on the counter so you can get it without reaching. Good luck!!!
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Really upset...Really sore...Really tierd...Really emotinal....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register