Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
Hi. Davinci is the name brand of the roboto used to perform robot assisted laproscopic surgeries-they also use it for heart and other types of surgeries-it is said to give the surgeon a much more magnified viewing much more detailed than the naked eye, and also more precise cutting and sutchering than human hands alone can do-at least that is how my Dr. and all my research described it. The odd part is that the Dr. is controlling the "robot" with things on his hands/fingers from across the room from you-you are on a table/ head tilted down many feet away from the "surgeon" or person operating the robot, though there are other staff next to you like anesthesia, RN, etc. You have quite a team in there with you.
I had the option of having it done robotically but wanted to have my doc (she is awesome!) do it. It was supposed to be laproscopic but things were a tangled up mess done there and she had to do it old school to be able to see everything clearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM

Kathym1970: Thanks for the "DaVinci" explanation.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Very wise approach--setting goals each day. It is worth resting enough to heal properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Christinatas,

Wow, really? My Dr never said anything about drinking milk or calcium I do Chabani yogurt 1x a day, usually at night. Seems to help bowls move free of gas pains...huh, still a good to note to ask about! thanks.

Also, NO ab exercises until 3 months out? No one told me that either, probably wouldnt have belived em~ smirk! But Sister, I believe it now!!
Not having much pain or issues with wind~I was started on Phyzyme (antigas) pills in post surgery recovery room actually. My Dr. swears by that stuff more so than any other. So got that covered.
I do have swelly belly some nights, my husbands says the muscles are just tired by the end of the day...the rest of my marrow is usually in agreement!

The great pants...sorry cant recall who posted Maranio gaucho pants from Target. I went looking and my store was out! UH! However I found these boyfriend tee's that are amazingly stretchy and wonderfully comfy! Helpful to still be covered when you're peeling due to personal summer heat stroke warnings!

On my tush and gonna be happy about it!
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:49 PM

so glad I'm going back to work and only have to wear scrubs.
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM

I did/am and am feeling great (allergies aside). I'm 3 months post op now. It's worth the effort it takes to take it easy.
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM

thanks JustMe: it's encouraging to hear good news 3 months out!
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:44 PM

Well, I went to doctor today and I have ovarian cyst which is causing some pain in my abdomen. He says there probably there because I would normally be on my period right now. Says he will recheck when I go back on Feb 6th and at that time he will determine if he will extend my time off from work.
Just betweus I'm secretly hoping I'm in some pain because I'm just not ready to go back to work!!!!
Also, went to Walmart today and that wore me out. I came home, ate and tried to stay up but sleep took over. I didn't expect that to happen!!! I just wanted to of my own shopping cause I'm tired of asking people to of it for me. Spent more money than I intended too!!
Oh yea, doctor also stated that I can start putting vitamin E oil on my incision area. Has anyone else tried this and had success with the scar fading?
Oh well, I feel some sleep coming on!!!
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:50 AM

i got up at 3:00 am.not by choice but went to bed waaaaaaaaaay to early.i should start ovulating 1 day this week kinda curious whether it will hurt like last month.but other than that i think i have quit hurting knock on wood.its gonna be long day today.surgery didnt fix tired legs.dr. didnt think surgery would even with amount of endo i had but i was so hoping.oh well.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM

I completely understand you not wanting to be released just yet for work Alt2s3xi3. I've been struggling with the same until yesterday that was the first day I had a mental thought of I think I am ready, adn I'm almost looking forward to it-oh no, what is wrong with me I then thought-I must be getting better to want that! Up until then I had no desire to think about EVER returning to work.

I suggest even if your pain is gone (I hope it is) if you are not ready, be honest and tell the Dr. you are just plain not ready emotionally, fatigue wise, etc. and could you have a few more weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register