Are you taking it easy enough post-op? - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are you taking it easy enough post-op? Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

Unread 01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Re: Are you taking it easy enough post-op?

little chief so sorry for your bad problem.it sounds very lousy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 10:04 AM

Thank you Christinatas- I'm hanging in there. Finding things to be grateful for... this website is a blessing.
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM

i am now coming to conclusion my ovaries arent working properly.i am having hot flashes and seriously hurting at ovulation but both sides are now hurting not just one side.i am trying to keep insurance but i may not be able to keep cause of finances.i tried to explain this to dr. but he wouldnt listen when i tried to explain i couldnt afford to pay for more surgery w/o insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Hey Sisters, I've noticed a little bit of spotting in the past couple of days. I'm 3 weeks post-op and haven't had any spotting prior to Sunday, not even after surgery. Has anyone else had this occur?
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM

i would contact dr. to ask for opinion or appt.i dont know about that type alot.but its best to be safe than sorry
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:35 PM

Hey Georgia peach, I had a gush at 3 weeks.....gynecologist on call that I phoned said likely some stitches dissolved and a hematoma was released. If it is light spotting and you have been doing more it might be a sign to slow down. I was feeling great at 3weeka and few dAys, so went out for a slow 10 min walk outside, and need up with gushing bleeding. Hn 2 days later did a set of strairs for first time And ended up with another gushing and large clot, the size of my hand. And that time the bleeding continued for a while. And I only ever had light bleeding right after the surgery. When talked to my doctor office on Monday, they said bed rest again, no stairs, just walk around the house as I can. And I am at 4 weeks tomorrow. I know I have always been a slow healer. They said not count on being back to work at 6 weeks. No kidding. I am pretty gosh darned weak already and scared to try doing anything more Again. And have more pain than I did before the bleeding too. Hope this helps a bit but phone your doc if needed.
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
i still think of my darling dr. telling me i'd be 100%better @6 weeks.this is total B.S.
I am right there with you Christina. I was doing perfectly and then went on a walk with hills. I went VERY slowly but it still set me back with alot of pain and extreme fatigue. I had gradually worked my way up in walking too, not like I just suddenly decided oh lets do hills.

I see my Doctor today but I am feeling discouraged. I've done everything right except for that ONE walk and that is all it took to take me down. Be careful ladies!
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

I am almost 7 weeks out. Doc cleared me for all activity, but did say I probably wouldn't stop feeling easily fatigued for about three months. Am hoping it's not that long, but she is very experienced and I trust her completely. PLUS, she is hysterically funny and talks to me like I'm one of her girlfriends! She is always running late because she spends a long time with her patients, but I bring a book and wait without complaint, because I know I'm going to get the same attention. I am so lucky to have her!

Still having major fatigue and some soreness (mostly at end of day). Went back to work yesterday (sub teaching). I did fine (had to make myself sit more than I ever do on the job). It was a beautiful, atypical winter day here in upstate NY--FIFTY DEGREES, sunny and green grass on the last day of January!--and I thought I'd go for a walk after work (I am up to a mile). Arrived home and my body said: "NOPE!" So I took a nap instead and woke up when it was getting dark. Not working today so I will walk later.
I've really tried to do everything by the book during recovery so that I will heal correctly. I wasn't allowed to drive for the whole 6 weeks and the days lying around seemed boring and endless. BUT, what I want to stress to all of you, is that it was WORTH IT! The body has wisdom when it is healing and we need to listen! The healing process is painful and frustrating (this was my first surgery--WHAT AN EDUCATION!!!), but our bodies know what they need. So, I just want to encourage all of you to rest as much as you can, and also not to beat yourself for overdoing if your body sends you a message to slow down. Be gentle with your emotional self; this is really hard and we are used to doing so much! Maybe make a list of what you are grateful for on paper or in your mind. I did that daily and it helped me a lot. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I'm sending a hug to all of you.
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endodaisy View Post
Hey Georgia peach, I had a gush at 3 weeks.....gynecologist on call that I phoned said likely some stitches dissolved and a hematoma was released. If it is light spotting and you have been doing more it might be a sign to slow down. I was feeling great at 3weeka and few dAys, so went out for a slow 10 min walk outside, and need up with gushing bleeding. Hn 2 days later did a set of strairs for first time And ended up with another gushing and large clot, the size of my hand. And that time the bleeding continued for a while. And I only ever had light bleeding right after the surgery. When talked to my doctor office on Monday, they said bed rest again, no stairs, just walk around the house as I can. And I am at 4 weeks tomorrow. I know I have always been a slow healer. They said not count on being back to work at 6 weeks. No kidding. I am pretty gosh darned weak already and scared to try doing anything more Again. And have more pain than I did before the bleeding too. Hope this helps a bit but phone your doc if needed.
Oh my, that sounds horrible! My mother, who had a hysterectomy thirty years ago described almost the same thing as you. She said she had a big gush of blood at three weeks. She said her doctor never could explain what caused it so I'm going to share what you told me. It will be good for her to finally have an answer!

I, too, was going up and down stairs yesterday so maybe that is the reason for my spotting. I have left a message with my doctor just to check, but knowing I'm not 'alone' in what happened takes away some of my concern.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. If you're like me, it's difficult to be down for so long. I feel like my family and friends don't really get what I'm going through and I feel guilty for not being able to do things. But I want to heal completely so I'm going to make a concerted effort to take it a little easier. I hope you do too!

I wish you luck with the rest of your recovery. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Unread 02-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Wow this thread has been a real eye opener. I had the daVinci on the 27th and because the pain meds are working so well I've been doing light cleaning, dishes, laundry, up and down the stairs numerous times every day. Now I think I will back off a bit and lay down more. I don't want to be in for a rude awakening when I'm off the meds!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register