Very heavy bleeding 7 weeks PO - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very heavy bleeding 7 weeks PO Very heavy bleeding 7 weeks PO

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Re: Very heavy bleeding 7 weeks PO

I went to the ER. Same on call doctor that I spoke to and told me not to bother coming in. Of course all he did was a quick exam, told me nothing was wrong, and sent me home. I KNOW something is wrong. Im in pain, Im bleeding, I cant seem to sleep enough, I have no interest at all in eating for days and when I try I take a few bites and stop. Ive had a headache for over a week and I'm so weak. I had a patient of mine roll out of bed the other night while I was changing her because I just couldnt keep ahold of her. They arent going to let me work that way and I definitely cant work that way. Thats why i had the hysterectomy! I'm going in to see MY doctor in the morning and I'm not leaving his office until they can tell me why. This isnt normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:08 PM

Omg is there another er u could go to? Sounds like u could do with second opinion, you know your own body, please take care xxx
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM

How heavy are you bleeding now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:35 PM

You are right, something is up when you are experiencing the symptoms you are this far out from your surgery. Let us know what your own doctor has to say about all of this.
Unread 02-05-2012, 02:28 PM

I'd go to another ER and specific tell them I fear I'm having

vaginal cuff dehiscence: vaginal cuff opens and intestines may even come out through the open incision.

I hope you don't have anything at all, but it is better to err on the cautious side, isn't it?

Wish you the best, sister. Hugs in this difficult times for you.
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:05 PM

I went to another ER. They were super quick as well. Didnt even DO an exam even though I asked repeatedly. I'm literally soaking through my pants, and I wish I was joking, and the doctor comes in and tells me the bleeding should stop on its own in the next day or so and IF it doesnt to come back. They wanted to hook me up to an IV and run demerol. Like I was there for drugs. I told them no, I didnt need pain medicine, just someone to listen to me. They told me there wasnt anything else they could do for me. What is wrong with these hospitals! I could sit here dying and no one would care. I'm still soaking a pad about every half an hour. Even while Im sitting down. Im in tears, terrified. I guess if something awful happens to me they will take me seriously...
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Soaking a pad every half hour is not normal and is most certainly not nothing as the drs have said! I may have missed whether you already answered this, but have you spoke to the dr that actually did your surgery? I'm sure they have an after hours/emergency #. I am so appalled that you have been to 2 ers and nothing has been done!! Sending hugs and prayers!
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Wow.. I would ABSOLUTELY get on the phone with the actual surgeon who did my surgery and DEMAND him or his emergency care come meet me at the hospital.. They HAVE to have someone on call for emergencies.. Call the surgeon..
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:58 PM

yes, call the surgeon....this is NOT normal. You are losing too much blood. Is your heart racing? Mine did that and I got really weak and sleepy when my blood got really low.
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM

There must be someone on call from the surgical team..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register