Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional issues with vagina after TVH? Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Unread 03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Re: Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Ladies, I completely and totally agree about the vaginal "cuff" verbiage - it grosses me out! I cringe every time I read that! Ok, so let's definitely come up with a new phrase - how about something cute maybe similar or in likes to "love handles" hahah! LOL! Love pocket? Love space? Love place? LOL! Chime in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Your will definitely feel better when the discharge stops. It is a weeping wound right now and that won't make you feel sexy. Honestly, men aren't able to tell the cervix is gone during sex or even with their finger. He seriously need a speculum...

I'm turning 44 this week. I've been with DH since I was 39. The first 3 years I never discussed my period, cramps, tampons or anything else to do with what happens in the bathroom. I liked having a little privacy and it's good to have some mystery in a relationship. When I got cervical dysplasia things got really real, really quick. Suddenly he's taking me to the hospital for biopsies, surgery on my cervix, then supporting me through the process of hysterectomy.

When you have the right guy, the rest comes together and you may want to share this with him or you may want to keep it your own.

I'm 8 months post op and it's taken me a while to come to terms with my new anatomy. I'm still working on it daily. But it will get better as you heal and get back into your normal life. And then when you go a month with no bleeding, you'll love your 'gina more than before.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Emotional issues with vagina after TVH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
Ladies, I completely and totally agree about the vaginal "cuff" verbiage - it grosses me out! I cringe every time I read that! Ok, so let's definitely come up with a new phrase - how about something cute maybe similar or in likes to "love handles" hahah! LOL! Love pocket? Love space? Love place? LOL! Chime in
I can't think of a cute name, and I've been thinking on it a while! Love pocket reminds me of hot pockets!! Lol. Maybe we should call it a hot pocket!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
Love pocket??? hahaha! Oh my goodness. Wait... is it really a pocket??!!??!! I don't even really know! Maybe something to make it sound cool, like "the Nic" (new and improved cervix). It's pretty bad when it's so bad we can't even come up with a good less-offensive name for it!
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Your will definitely feel better when the discharge stops. It is a weeping wound right now and that won't make you feel sexy. Honestly, men aren't able to tell the cervix is gone during sex or even with their finger. He seriously need a speculum...

I'm turning 44 this week. I've been with DH since I was 39. The first 3 years I never discussed my period, cramps, tampons or anything else to do with what happens in the bathroom. I liked having a little privacy and it's good to have some mystery in a relationship. When I got cervical dysplasia things got really real, really quick. Suddenly he's taking me to the hospital for biopsies, surgery on my cervix, then supporting me through the process of hysterectomy.

When you have the right guy, the rest comes together and you may want to share this with him or you may want to keep it your own.

I'm 8 months post op and it's taken me a while to come to terms with my new anatomy. I'm still working on it daily. But it will get better as you heal and get back into your normal life. And then when you go a month with no bleeding, you'll love your 'gina more than before.
You're right sugarandspice. You're always right I should be having my period within the next couple of days. I missed one last month too but it was one week post op so I was too distracted to notice. That will be my focus this week... enjoying a pain free, period free week for the first time in decades!!!!!
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM

mlb, I'm in your same boat. I'm 44 and happily single, but I hadn't lost hope of finding someone. I know in my brain that the hysterectomy doesn't change anything about me at all. I wouldn't have had more kids anyway. I thought I was all set with the hyst emotionally, but I didn't realize that it does kinda hit me wrong at times and I do feel different. I do think I'll feel better when all this discharge ends and I get back in shape.

Just know you aren't alone in how you feel, and it isn't wrong to feel that way. I think time is all we need.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:15 PM

A hot pocket!!!! HA! I don't even know how to respond to that! I don't know if there IS a good name for it. It should definitely not include the word "vagina" or any form of the word "vagina".
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlechick View Post
mlb, I'm in your same boat. I'm 44 and happily single, but I hadn't lost hope of finding someone. I know in my brain that the hysterectomy doesn't change anything about me at all. I wouldn't have had more kids anyway. I thought I was all set with the hyst emotionally, but I didn't realize that it does kinda hit me wrong at times and I do feel different. I do think I'll feel better when all this discharge ends and I get back in shape.

Just know you aren't alone in how you feel, and it isn't wrong to feel that way. I think time is all we need.
Me too singlechick... really thought I was all set. I didn't realize I would feel "different" and now I do. I didn't expect this and it has thrown me. I do feel different now. I feel different as myself and different from other women, if that make any sense at all. Time, time, time... we have to be patient with ourselves.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM

LOL! I love Hot Pocket! hahaha!
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM

I still feel different from other women too... A little inferior maybe or a little "less". Sometimes I feel downright disfigured. Once in a while I catch myself starring at myself in the mirror very closely. Like there should be a sign of it on my face.

Time ladies, is all we need. And each other to talk to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register