Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Unread 08-01-2020, 11:10 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieReed View Post
I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and have good and bad days. Thursday was a bad day. Pain, fatigue, and emotions all bad. Friday was good. I was up all day, spirits good, was not in bed at all. Last night insomnia back, back in bed today but pain is not bad. I feel a bit of a basket case so up and down every day.
I am definitely on the two steps forward, one step back plan. Today I went out for a walk then went for a quick store run. Sure enough, I now am on the couch in so much pain and so crampy. I know better than to push my limits....ugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2020, 02:11 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkittyec View Post
Greetings,

My surgery was on the 16th, so close to two weeks for me. I had a hysterectomy, including cervix and tubes, leaving the ovaries. Also had endometriosis excision from the ovarian fossas and uterosacral ligament, along with removal of an endo nodule from my c-section scar. Also had a cystoscopy with hydrodistention, which left my urethra feeling uncomfortable.

Doing pretty well, all things considered, but am still getting some stabbing pains, esp. where they removed a nodule from my c-section scar, but also from one of my lap sites on the opposite side.

Also experience some sciatica on my right side and some burning pain on occasion, again, especially where they removed that nodule.

I have a follow up via telehealth next week. For some reason I don't have any in person follow ups scheduled - wouldn't that be expected to check the vaginal cuff even in Covid times?

Also, I suffer also from vulvodynia and some vaginal dryness and atrophy, and am curious if anyone else here has dealt with that after excision of endo and hysterectomy, and what has worked.

Best wishes to everyone here for a good recovery and return to good health!
I'm not a doctor, so I am not sure if they are supposed to check the cuff then or not, but mine will be in person at 6 weeks. I think they may need to if they are assessing for ability to have sex? For an early follow up, though, they may just be checking in with you to make sure you aren't having problems.
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_d_henry View Post
My surgery was the 15th. I have never stopped spotting and I have a liquidy discharge. I don’t have my follow up until the 6th but I did reach out. The nurse said normal to spot and hVe discharge and that as long as I don’t have a fishy smell, itch or hurt when I pee then not to worry. Today I feel raw like the beginning of a rash or something. I am wondering if I am having a reaction to the pads I am using now or if the constant discharge and wetness is giving me the equivalent of a diaper rash my period was on the week fore surgery so I think my body has had enough of pads a day wetness for now.
That must be so uncomfortable. They gave me a pad to sit on when I left the hospital. If you have one, I am wondering if airing it out for a day may help?
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afraidak View Post
Hi ladies, I had a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy on the 15th. The surgery was 5 hours and I have had a few complications. First, reactive airway about 24h post-op. I was discharged on post-op day 3 and three hours later was re-admitted with a fever of 105, unable to breath and a bit scared. Five days later discharged after IV antibiotics and some ridiculousness from a few MDs. Luckily my surgeon was on it.

Question: I apologize if this was already covered... Is sitting for more than a little bit make you sore? I can do small slow walks but hope that gets better soon.

I'm so grateful for all of you!
Jen
Hi, Jen! Yes, it makes me sore. It also increases the feeling of pressure when I stand. I noticed it happens more after I have been sitting upright rather than reclined but it is not fun.
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me. Rukia View Post
Guys I had one really fabulous day and went out on an outing with my girls earlier this week. It was a much needed mental health break that I needed.
The following day I rested and didn’t do anything but read a book and go to a post op at the Urologist. I was fine until I was on my way home and started hurting in the car. The good news is my bladder is emptying out like it should and seems to be back to normal. I still have an infection and am on a different antibiotic.
Today I’m back to feeling crummy. I think it’s a combo of meds and infection and soreness. I have further follow ups in a few weeks. But I had that one good day out with my girls. It was the boost I needed mentally.
I hope all of you are recovering well!
I am so glad you had that one good day! You deserve a good one. It really is two steps forward, one step back. It is good news about your bladder! Antibiotics don't always make me feel very good. Do you have side effects from them?
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_d_henry View Post
Is anyone still having gas? I get gas so bad everyday and it causes pain still from the pressure on my insides. Am I alone? Does this continue throughout recovery?
Me, too! I also sometimes have a ton of it and some days it's fine. Mine makes the area where my cervix used to be very tender. You aren't alone!
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJN12 View Post
Hi, past 2 weeks and am feeling pretty good. Wondering if anyone is having pain with urinating (no UTI) and pelvic discomfort? Just feel sore almost like it feels when you do too many sit ups. Doc says pain with urinating will hopefully clear up and suggested a bladder numbing medicine.
Yes!
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieReed View Post
I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and have good and bad days. Thursday was a bad day. Pain, fatigue, and emotions all bad. Friday was good. I was up all day, spirits good, was not in bed at all. Last night insomnia back, back in bed today but pain is not bad. I feel a bit of a basket case so up and down every day.

I really relate to all of that. My depression has really flared due to COVID and the hormone changes are a beast. You aren't a basket case. You are awesome and having to adjust to a lot of new changes!
Unread 08-02-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatisthis View Post
I am so glad you had that one good day! You deserve a good one. It really is two steps forward, one step back. It is good news about your bladder! Antibiotics don't always make me feel very good. Do you have side effects from them?
I am mostly nauseous and having loose stools which is annoying. I think my discomfort and pain has subsided a bit today. Now I need to just not think I’m invincible and try to do a bunch of things around the house. So now I’m in bed ready to tackle schoolwork.
Unread 08-02-2020, 10:41 AM

I'm in hell. Hysterectomy was the simplest part come to find out - my other complications were difficulty with my airway and perforating my bladder when inserting a bladder sling. I have my third catheter in and through tomorrow will be 3 weeks post-op. I have a pattern of passing the voiding test and then bladder retention develops in the days after.
I am beyond irritated, sore, raw, swollen in the vaginal area. The constant in and out of the catheter, they think.
I have multiple sclerosis and just heard back from my neurologist today - he thinks the surgery exacerbated an underlying MS symptom up I didn't even know I had. Bladder spasticity - I'm hoping he and can consult with my urogynecologist ASAP since tomorrow I go for another voiding trial to potentially have the catheter removed. I guess there are some medications I can take to help with the bladder spasticity.
I'm on barely any pain meds -been very frustrating, I had made so much progress with walking everyday and moving so much more normally and then I just keep getting put back into this catheter.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register