Upcoming hysterectomy Feb 2 - TAH with robot assist (and umbilical hernia repair) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy Feb 2 - TAH with robot assist (and umbilical hernia repair) Upcoming hysterectomy Feb 2 - TAH with robot assist (and umbilical hernia repair)

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:19 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy Feb 2 - TAH with robot assist (and umbilical hernia repair)

So, I just got the date for my surgery and I'm freaking out a bit. I had expected it to be a bit later because my surgeon mentioned she was scheduling about 4 weeks out, but she wanted to do it sooner in case Covid numbers change things with surgeries in the next month or so.

I have many very large fibroids and an incredibly large uterus. She will do a robotic surgery but do a small/medium bikini cut to remove things. Has anyone else had this procedure? I'll also be having an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time.

Right now it's billed as out-patient! Part of me is so happy about that because I can't bring anyone with me and the other part feels nervous about leaving the hospital so soon after a big surgery.

Just looking for encouragement, similar procedures/situations, and anyone on or around the same date! Thanks, ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Re: Feb 2 - TAH with robot assist (and umbilical hernia repair)

Hi erinkc -

I did not have the same surgery, but remember that "outpatient" means released within 23 hours of surgery. Your doctor will not release you until she is confident you are ready to be sent home.

Here are articles that may provide information:
Hospital Stay for Hysterectomy
Hospital Stay? How Long after Hysterectomy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register