what's the average age of us Hystersisters? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what's the average age of us Hystersisters? what's the average age of us Hystersisters?

Unread 06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
what's the average age of us Hystersisters?

I turned 46 last Wednesday - same day the dr called to recommend a hyst. So my birthday present was finding all my hystersisters!!! Thank you, sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 09:12 PM

Hey I'm 30 and going to the castle in August. Can't wait to be a princess!!!
Unread 06-22-2004, 09:56 PM

First of all - I'm 38. Although I feel like I'm about 28 since my hyster

Interesting comments about the "why's" of fibroids and such. They run in our family also, and my older sister and mom and I have had this discussion.

My sister is convinced that it's from being on the pill. She feels that the older (higher dose) ones have contributed a lot to this problem.

We are dairy farmers. We drink our own milk and raise our own chicken and beef. It's interesting that some of you have mentioned about how young girls are so developed now, and so early. Our daughter graduated from Grade 8 last night. She started her period in January (at almost 14) and still has no chest to speak of. However, some of the other girls in her class - holy cow, they would've passed for 18, no problem!! Is this because of the food? I can't help but wonder... In Canada, we are not allowed to use hormones on our milk cows (yay!!) but we still see the usage of them in beef and poultry.

In defense of farmers, I also feel that the improvements to our nutrition and health care for children have allowed us (as a population) to grow bigger and faster as well.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2004, 10:03 PM

In my case, the fibroids can't be from using the Pill, because the only time in my life I ever took it was one month this year when trying to stop my period from puddling in my shoe for the week. It didn't work all that great, even though I was taking 3 pills a day the first 3 days.

I think there are a lot of different things that can contribute, and much like other diseases,if you have enough of the contributing factors in your life added up, there ya go, you have it. Some factors may be heredity, some may be environment.
Unread 06-22-2004, 10:34 PM

I have seen women of every age on this website also. I am 48. I learned I would need the hysterectomy just 3 days after my 48th birthday.~Moonchime
Unread 06-22-2004, 10:46 PM

I am 33 and 8 days post-op.

I probably should have had this done years ago, but I only found Prince Charming one year ago. He and I tried every other avenue, and I think he was a little leery of doing the surgery considering I'd never had biological children.

When he realized that I have an adopted son, and have done tons of counselling to deal with my infertility, he was more than happy to do the surgery.

Tam
Unread 06-22-2004, 11:12 PM

I was 43 when I had my TAH/BSO last August. It's hard to believe it has almost been a year already!
Unread 06-22-2004, 11:17 PM

So, does that mean our "average" is around 40?

I did see a post the other day from someone asking if she was the oldest on the site, and I think she was 80?? Or did I dream that one?
Unread 06-23-2004, 12:57 AM

I just turned 30 May 29th and my surgery for TVH is Monday June 28th.... I am having my surgery for severe dysplasia , after a cone and dysplasia found also in the cervical-uteran canal.... I emotionally couldnt handle the terrible periods... emotional stress in having to wait every 3 months for another colpo and biopsy which was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry painful and bad news after bad news.... I have 3 daughters ages 11,8, and 18 mos... hubby is taking off 3 weeks to take care of me and little ones... I am nervous but glad to get this over with and not have to stress out every other day of results that always come back bad... good luck to all here ... my prayers are with you all....
Unread 06-23-2004, 02:55 AM

Hi

I was 39 when I had my TVH back in October 2003, I had been suffering since I was 30, I had ablation at 35 (FAILED!) and eventually relented to the hyster at 39, when I had used up all my options.

Still it's the best thing I have done for a long time.

Best wishes

Liverpool Lady

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register