Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 17, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 17, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 17, 2021

Unread 01-17-2021, 12:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 17, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2021, 02:34 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 17, 2021

Hello all!
Siobhan here from Ireland .
What a wonderful site!
I heard just before Christmas that I have to have a total abdominal hysterectomy due to complex hyperplasia with atypia. At the biopsy they also found what they described as a “ secret chamber “ off my womb which may be adenomyosis or it maybe something else more sinister. They won’t know until they take it out.
The hospitals here in Ireland are currently under severe pressure because of a surge in covid cases. They’ve postponed all surgery but the most urgent. I’m relieved mine is happening but it’s scary to think that they regard this as urgent. And scary to be going into a hospital that’s under pressure! But this time next week it will all be over and I’m hoping for great things post recovery!
Looking forward to the company and fellowship of all you ladies. Tell me all about yourselves! Sx
Unread 01-17-2021, 07:39 AM

Hi everyone. My surgery is in a couple days. I have fibroids, heavy bleeding & for the past year very painful periods. Doc says my uterus is currently the size of 20 weeks. I'll be having the horizontal bikini incision...so scared...This will be my first surgery ever so I'm nervous about everything...the covid precautions in hospital & current no visitor rule, post surgery pain, first catheter ever, recovery, & first bowel movement post op will be at home as I am scheduled to only stay 1 night in the hospital. My bedroom is upstairs, so I was told to take it slowly going up & to stay up for a few days. Any advice from you all will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2021, 08:02 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am scheduled for an abdominal hysterectomy on January 20. I have 2 large fibroids and will be removing my uterus and tubes. I am anxious about the surgery and having to be alone in the hospital without my husband. I’m sure I will receive great care, I just would like to see his face when I wake up. I’m nervous about the level of pain and recovery. And I’m obsessing about stupid things like where will my belongings be kept when I’m in surgery? How and when will I get my phone so I can FaceTime my husband? This is my first surgery and hospital stay (except the birth of my daughter).
Thanks for the support of this page and everyone on it. ~ Amber
Unread 01-17-2021, 08:05 AM

My name is Cassie. My total hysterectomy is scheduled for Thursday the 21st. I discovered I had one fibroid a year and a half ago. Then this year I have 2 with many smaller fibroids. I'm 49 and was told I was in Menopause back when I learned about the first fibroid. So, I have one large calcified at 3.8cm and one living fibroid 3.75 cm. My only symptoms are weaker urine flow and on the rare occasion I have a cycle I have terrible cramp pain the first day. I had an ablation at 36 and still had periods but bled less. So my thoughts are with the big changes in the fibroids in just one year I should get this done.
Unread 01-17-2021, 08:05 AM

Hello!
J from alberta.
I’m having a total hysterectomy on Wednesday,
Uterus and cervix.
I have severe endometriosis and cysts, so its time to get some relief.

This will be my first surgery, and i’m a little nervous about anesthesia.

I’m staying one night in hospital, and am hoping to have a smooth recovery.
I have a friend staying with me the first few days, and there are stairs to the kitchen..
So trying to prepare some non perishable food i can keep with me.

Also. Trying to figure out how to remove all the piercings i have to take out before surgery..

Good luck to us all this week!
Unread 01-17-2021, 08:30 AM

Hello Everyone,
I'm scheduled for a total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy surgery on January 21. I'm from BC, Canada and I'm forty years old. I'm not too worried about the surgery, but definitely feeling anxious about how I will cope after going straight in to Menopause. The reason I'm having surgery is because I found out I'm a carrier of Lynch syndrome. My mom died at 41, and her sister at 37 years of age, so I've have decided to have the surgery done while I'm healthy.
I'm so thankful to have this support group. Take care, Tracy
Unread 01-17-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlyFJ View Post
Hi everyone. My surgery is in a couple days. I have fibroids, heavy bleeding & for the past year very painful periods. Doc says my uterus is currently the size of 20 weeks. I'll be having the horizontal bikini incision...so scared...This will be my first surgery ever so I'm nervous about everything...the covid precautions in hospital & current no visitor rule, post surgery pain, first catheter ever, recovery, & first bowel movement post op will be at home as I am scheduled to only stay 1 night in the hospital. My bedroom is upstairs, so I was told to take it slowly going up & to stay up for a few days. Any advice from you all will be much appreciated. Thank you.
MarlyFJ - as of 4 days ago, I was in the exact same boat as you. I mean exact. Fibroids, heavy bleeding, enlarged 20 week uterus and heading into my first surgery ever! I had my TAH on Wed and I am doing well today. I stressed about catheter and it was fine. I could feel it, but nothing painful. When they removed it there was a bit of pressure, but nothing painful. It almost felt like a slight relief. Three things I learned on this site that have helped me a great deal: 1. Avoid constipation as best you can with stool softener and miralax on hand. I had my first BM yesterday at home and without that preparation it would have been a terrible experience. Ask your doc for both. 2. Cough drops - my throat was sore and the last thing you feel like doing is coughing after this surgery. Have them on hand. 3. Deep breaths - they should give you a deep breathing device at hospital. It has some fancy name. Use it. Follow their instructions. It helps proactively clear phlegm from being under. Use it.

You got this sister! I'm 43 and had my uterus, tubes and cervix removed. My uterus weighed 2.6lbs. I asked the surgeon to take a picture of it and as weird as it sounds, I liked seeing it. It helped me wrap my head around why this surgery needed to happen. Remember, you are braver than you feel, stronger than you know and smarter than you think (winnie-the-pooh).
Unread 01-17-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlyFJ View Post
One other thing - my bedroom is upstairs too and I was okay getting up there when I got home. Just take it very very slowly and take breaks if you need them.
Unread 01-17-2021, 10:01 AM

Hi Ladies,

I’m having a laparoscopic hysterectomy on Wednesday 1/20. I’m removing uterus, bilateral Fallopian tubes and cervix. I have 2 large fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis and a sealed uterus due to a failed ablation. I have a platelet disorder that makes this a complicated surgery.

I’m nervous but mostly about intimacy after the recovery and returning to exercise.

Good luck to all you ladies!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register