Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 31,2008

Hi Everyone! Annessa, Michelle, glad to see you guys here and doing well I had my TAH on 3/27 and was home 3/29. I am absolutely astonished at the pain level, almost zero. I had my surgery at 1:00 pm 3/27 and was in my room by 5:00 pm after recovery. I did very well with no nausea at all. After my anesthesia wore off, I could not go to sleep so I was up all night into the next morning on 3/28. I had a liquid diet breakfast, freshened up, and then alternated taking walks and laying in bed. The next day 3/29, I took a shower and my doctor told me I could go home if I wanted. Wow, that was fast. I have had no trouble passing gas and I had my first BM today. And my blood pressure is now totally normal. I can't believe I was that nervous. I will write more later, I am tired now. I thank God that all of your surgeries turned out okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 07:23 PM

hello all
i just got home today 3/30 had my TAH on 3/27 doc said everything went well. did have some pain but not as bad as i thought. i would of been home yesturday but doc said i had a slight fever well happy to be home glad to hear that my sisters aare doing well (yea us) i am on motrin 600 for pain and as Sprithealer said about the puffyness i was in tears when i saw myself in the mirror my hubby and daughter calmed me down thank god for them. anyway i feel great will talk latter about my hospital stay nite for now.
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:06 PM

Kim, it's unfortunate that you weren't able to keep your ovary but it's probably for the best in the long run. I wasn't really too optimistic about keeping mine so I wasn't surprised when I heard they were gone, just a little disappointed. My family history is heart disease, not ovary problems, so I thought I'd conserve my estrogen and protect my heart.

I'll be starting the natural estrogen as soon as I can. For now I'm taking 1/2 of the Premarin dosage prescribed after surgery. I'll be posting some info on the Hormones Forum since I'm getting away from the general post-op stuff.

It's been reassuring to read all these posts by women who've been through the same ordeal, some on the very same day. Haven't we had an exciting week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Forgot I had a bladder

Until just after this surgery last week, I forgot that I owned a bladder. Now I think of it all day long, as it reminds me with little spasms and feelings of uncomfortableness before I pee, during, and after I pee.

Today I'm trying to drink more water, pee every two hours, and enjoy some peppermint tea. I'm hoping this will help train my bladder that it's okay to settle down and stop these alien feelings of being jostled during surgery.

This is my only complaint, on Day 7, as I think that I am very lucky to be feeling this great with nearly a week under my belt. From reading this site, I see that this is a pretty usual complaint, hyster sisters.

I'm going to enjoy five laps around my great room this morning. Ah, the exercise is going to keep me from going bonkers.
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
Well my LAVH scheduled for March 25th turned into a TAH once my doctor took a look with the scope and found my insides filled with endometriosis. I did not come home from the castle until Friday evening but the pain was very minimual and well controlled. Each day is better and I'm very happy to be on the other side. No more painful periods!!!! I have to say I have yet to experience any pain as bad as the pain I had with my monthly cycle which by the way was lasting up to 3 weeks prior to surgery. Well, back to the recliner I go. Thanks to everyone for the support and well wishes.
_________
TAH 3/25/08 removed both ovaries and uterus left cervix
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:49 AM

So it's day 4 after my LSH Thursday. I'm doing very well. I've just been taking a couple ibuprofen about every 5 hours. I'm not sure I even need to take them anymore but they are good for inflammation so I'm going to keep taking them until the end of the week and then try to stop cutting back gradually.

I am pretty bored right now I am not allowed to bend or twist at all for another week and a half. They specifically said not to put dishes in the dish washer or do laundry. I've been washing a couple dishes by hand just making sure not to bend at all just keep my body totally straight.

I had a hot flash last night. I did keep my ovaries so I think they are in shock a bit. Plus they told me that the uterus produces some hormones so I could have symptoms just because my hormone levels would go down without the uterus producing them but my body should adjust.

I had gone to sleep for about 5 hours and woke up all sweaty but I was prepared and had a dry cotton t-shirt on the dresser so I changed into that and then threw some towels down on the bottom and top of me since the sheets were wet too. I went to sleep for another 5 hours and woke up without a hot flash that time. Hopefully my ovaries kick in soon. I hear it can take a month just by readiing the board.

My bowel movements are totally normal and I'm not taking any stool softeners at all. I'm also not taking any prescription pain medication so I bet that helps too.

I was going to go outside for a walk today if I felt up to it but I just got up and looking outside it looks like a blizzard with snow. I guess that's out. Maybe later this week it should all be melted once it warms up again.

Well I'm going to make myself some scrambled eggs and toast for a late breakfast here and watch some TV.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM

Glad to hear that everything is going well for all. As for myself (Day 4) i feel great only problem i havent had a bowel movement hmm other than that im great took myself off pain med and walking around the house and laying in bed pretty boring. well all keep up with the speedy recovery.
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
1 week later

Hello ladies,
one week has past since my hysto and I can't believe how well I'm doing. No more painkillers and I'm walking normal. The only problem I have is sitting at the dinner table too long gives me a swellybelly. I still have to give myself the lovenox shots, but i feel great otherwise. tomorrow will be my 1 week post op check up and I can't wait to ask my doc when I can return to my normal duties and when I can go back to the gym. But I have to say it's nice to get spoiled by my hubby who sadly had to go back to work today. I wished everybody a speedy recovery.
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:14 PM

Hi everyone, I had my TVH, A & P repair, & perineography on Friday the 28th. It went great, my tubes & ovaries looked fine so I got to keep them. I was in surgery for about 2 1/2 hours. I don't remember a thing once my anesthesiologist told me he was giving me something in my IV to relax me, & then wash my back for the epidural. Next thing I was aware of was being super itchy all over (from the morphine) & telling my recovery nurse I wanted to go horseback riding. LOL (I haven't ridden a horse in over 10 years). They put dura morph in my epidural so my pain was about a 1 for about the next 14 hours. I dozed in & out on Friday evening. Saturday around noon they took out my cathether & the packing material (that felt icky weird). They wanted me to get up & walk, & I rewarded them with nearly passing out. My very good nurse caught me just in time. Saturday evening I had to have a bm, oh my goodness. The pain was horrible. I was crying, even though it was soft, it still hurt terribly (because of the perineography, I suppose). I came home Sunday around 11 am, & had two more bm's, they didn't hurt much at all. I slept a lot, it was sooooooooo wonderful to be in my own bed & away from all the constant interruptions & beeping machines at the castle. I've been taking 1 percocet every 4 hours, so the pain is minimal. I love this site, & am grateful for the support & information available.
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:41 PM

LSH/BSO on the 28th. Found a large polyp with atypical cells in the uterus and precancerous cells in the left ovary. The right ovary was the one to give me the most trouble with constant ruptured cysts that forced me to see the doc and it was the best of everything. Go figure! Spent one night at the castle and am happy to be home and be the pampered princess. Have had trouble with nausea b/c of the pain meds. Was able to eat some real food for the first time today and had some trouble with constipation and gas but hopefully the small walks and gallons of water that I'm drinking will help. Having a very hard time getting sleep with constant bathroom breaks at night. Waking up very weepy in the mornings but my mood lightens as the day progresses and I talk with friends. Am hopeful that recovery is as quick as they say with LSH!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register