Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigme
Have you thought of any names yet? (smile). This is your battle scar, no less than the stretch marks of our children. It is proof you're are alive and a survivor. Yeah! Onward and upward!
Yeah, I was thinking of Swellita. Now there's a rare name.

A battle scar that cant be seen, just felt. Hm, ok.

I most certainly doesn't think of it as scary, it's more the yuck factor. So I don't think there's any need for any second opinon. It's just fascinating in a gross way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
overdoing it

I think I figured out what "overdoing it" means. Sigh.

I went back to the gym for the first time today. I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes and was doing fine. I decided I was so fine that I'd go to the grocery next. Once I was about 3/4-way thru the store, I was about to keel over both in pain and in fatigue. I got REALLY angry and started with the self-pity that is futile head talk. Ok, so i asked a grocer to help me the rest of the way thru the store and get me checked out, etc. When I got home I only brought the refrigerater items in and I've been on the recliner ever since. I feel like crap.

I kept saying, "I'm not overdoing it at least I don't think I am. I have no idea what overdoing it really means." Now I know.

take care....
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM

cassie: I know the feeling. It's truly not worth it. Now you take it easy, ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:48 AM

Cassie - Remember one day at a time! Take it easy and it's ok to relax.
Darlene
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Well yesterday was 3 weeks and I am trying to get back on my feet even though the dr said to stay restricted for 2 more weeks. I am going to the dr tomorrow for an ultrasound, I have this aweful pain on my left side and it feel like a knife is being put in and twisted. I called the dr on Monday and they said to keep a heating pad on my belly and side and if I wasn't feeling better by Thursday call and get an appointment for an ultrasound. They think the cyst may be comming back. I have been good about sitting around for the most part. I had to get out yesterday so I went to Walmart with my cousin to get puppy food, went and got our new puppy and then to Petco for some supplies. I was slap wore out after that. Today I have been just sitting here bores out of my mind barking orders at my daughter. Hope everyone is recovering fast and PLEASE REMEMBER to listen to the Dr. I didn't and now I am stuck home for another weekand a half.
Unread 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM

Pain wise--I feel pretty good. my belly in the morning looks normalbut by noon I look about 4 months pregant. My emotions, on the other hand are a mess.

Monday I worked 4 hours, Tue-2.5 and I was exausted!! I came home and cried for the rest of the day/night. So I decided maybe it was to quick to try to go back to work and I am at home. I finally got myself in the shower! which always makes me feel better.

My DH and I are going to take our puppies for a walk toinght. It will be good to get out of the house with out needing to do something.

The only other weird thing is my belly skin hurts. I posted on a different thread and someone said hers too felt like sunburn. And I think she nailed it right on--my belly feels sunburned.
Unread 06-13-2007, 12:43 PM

I too have that same "sunburn" sensation. I emailed my doctor and asked how normal it is. I will let you know what he says. Right now it is just really annoying!!!!
Anyway, I am glad to hear that everyone seems to be improving as the days pass. I am bored with the whole ordeal of not doing too much, and I TRULY miss the gym, especially since my trainer calls daily to check up on my progress- but, I want to get to 100%, so I will be good and patient patient.
Unread 06-13-2007, 06:58 PM

I also have this terrible sunburn feeling on my belly and it seemes worse at night. I look forward to what your Dr, says about it. I had a really great day on Monday this week where I actually didn't feel much pain at all and now Tuesday and today I have been totally exhausted and sleeping alot. I feel sort of down about it tonight. I am also getting tired of this whole healing process. I am having to remind myself that it takes time and I am much better than week 1 and week 2.

Goodnight ladies.

May we all have a better tomarrow and not overdue things. (easier said than done.)
Unread 06-13-2007, 07:13 PM

LAVHMay2007: I can't believe you went to the gym so soon! I bugged my doc before, during and after about when I could resume stretching, eliptical, and weights. He knew I was in my best shape of my life in January before all this started happening. I had LSH on May 23, and he said at 3 weeks I could start doing stuff, but work it up slowly to 6 weeks. I've already been walking a lot since day 2, so he said the next step was fast walking, build endurance, then back to the eliptical, and wait, wait on weights, becuase they all stretch my guts, and that's what's mending. It's taking forever, but I'm also pooped, so it helps me not feel so bad about not doing what makes my body feel great. We'll all get there soon. I don't want to damage what's been done, but I also can't wait to get my body back. It's been nearly 6 months of out-of=-control!
Unread 06-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Return to exercise

I have been exercising since Saturday. I know I'm not really supposed to but I couldn't wait to return to it. Tonight I even took a belly dancing class. I'm actually feeling great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register