pre-op dreams | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op dreams pre-op dreams

Unread 10-23-2004, 12:00 PM
pre-op dreams

ok girls...what crazy dreams have u dreamed up due to nerves ?? i had a weird one last night......dreamed i was about to go into surgery and then the dr comes to me and says well.....i have good news and bad news.....we cant do the surg...the good news is you are pregnant....i remember praying i would have a boy since i knew after the baby i would be having my hysterectomy...i then woke up....weird dream i must say....im sure with all we are going thru or about to go thru there must be some pretty crazy dreams out there and thought it would be fun and interesting to share them...put a bit of humor in all of this....

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2004, 12:04 PM
pre-op dreams

This is a weird experience for sure. My GP sent me to see my GYN to see about having the hysterectomy. I had never seen/met/saw a picture or anything with the GYN. The night before going to my appointment I kept telling this doctor in my dream that I DID NOT want a hysterectomy. Next day I am sitting in the room waiting for new doctor to come in, when she did she looked EXACTLY like the doctor in my dream. This was too weird.
Unread 10-23-2004, 12:20 PM
pre-op dreams

Weird thing for me was I would dream evrey night that I was pregant with a girl for years. Since my surgery almost four weeks ago, I haven't dreamt it once. Thank goodness because it was getting annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
pre-op dreams

I haven't had any weird dreams relating my upcoming surgery (at least I don't think they relate), but I do day dream about it sometimes. And the most prevelant day dream is that I wake up from surgery to hear my doctor telling me that I didn't have the hyst. because it wasn't necessary....UGGH!!

I know I need it, and it's not all in my head!
I've been in so much pain and etc. since August, so I know the meds aren't working for me anymore and my doctor has assured me that we've exhausted all non surgical methods.

Oh Well! I can't imagine how weird things will get the closer the day gets.
Unread 10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
pre-op dreams

magnat...hey i know what u mean.....besides some of the weird dreams i might have at night , i am constantly day dreaming of the same fears....but mine are more of them finding something new....that really scares me...but thats why im having this surgery to get it all cleared up....best wishes to you hun.....soon we will be princesses and on our way to healthier lives....... and your way

Jen
Unread 10-24-2004, 06:27 AM
pre-op dreams

Thanks Jen! I'll be thinking of you on 10/28. Sending you best wishes for a very successful surgery and recovery!

Unread 10-24-2004, 07:58 AM
pre-op dreams

Ok, I have dreamed some strange stuff too. Last nite, they cancelled the surgery at the last minute (AGAIN) but this time it was because something was wrong with my heart. UGH. I am already worried about what they will find when they get in there, I dont need to dream up new stuff. My nerves have made me loose almost 15 lbs so far. I am 5 lbs away from the weight I was when I got pregnant with DD 14 yrs ago. Nerves are not a totally bad thing LOL.

missy
Unread 10-24-2004, 08:39 AM
pre-op dreams

Boy, have I had some weird dreams too, but don't know that they are all related to this surgery. One last night was though, I dreamed that I had been running errands all day Monday, the day before surgery, when I stopped by the office one of the secretaries told me that the Dr. office had been trying to contact me all day, the surgery was off. I woke up at that one. Do not want this post-poned, so I guess that was more of a nightmare than a dream. LOL
Unread 10-24-2004, 09:02 AM
pre-op dreams

I had a strange dream the other night. I wanted to see my vaginal cuff, so I bent down to look inside of me. I saw this long square tunnel with a light at the end and freaked out thinking that there should be no light coming through it and it must have ripped open somehow. I remember thinking that now all my internal organs were going to start oozing out of me. I woke up in a cold sweat. After thinking about it all day, I am choosing to interpret the dream as that there is finally a light at the end of my tunnel!
Unread 10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
pre-op dreams

alana....i love it...i love the interp very very funny

remember even if its not a dream OF surgery...but u know its an unusual dream due to surgery comming up please feel free to post.....its relaxing knowing im not the only one with these crazy nerve dreams lol.... 's and 's your way

Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register