Suddenly needy DH... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suddenly needy DH... Suddenly needy DH...

Unread 02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

Anyone else have a suddenly very needy DH? I guess it could be normal. Mine was told he has a hernia about a year ago - apparently it's not at the point where he can have surgery yet. He very rarely complained about it until I got my date. Now every time I mention surgery he changes the subject to himself and talks about scheduling his hernia operation. I don't know if it's truly becoming more bothersome or if he just wants some attention too. I don't want to be unsympathetic to his situation but I have a million things to get done over the next 3 and a half weeks and nursing a hernia is not on the list. As long as he doesn't whine to his mother I think I can deal with it...hearing about how she cancelled her hys because she could "deal with" her fibroids is bad enough, I can't imagine getting a lecture about how to take care of her son!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

Poor thing! It's rough enough gettting yourself ready. Having to deal with more would not be any fun, especially if mother in law gets in on it too. Try to pay a little extra attention to him for a couple of days and see if he calms down a little. Maybe that is all he needs.
Unread 02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

my father is this same way...he has a bad back,and had a pretty major major operation back in 2002...well,ever since then,no matter who is sick,or what is wrong with them,my father compares himself to them..saying things such as"well,i had my spine ripped open,and i got around more than that"blah blah....right after my surgery,i was in some pretty significant pain to the point where i yelled at my mom and mammaw(i feel bad now)anyway..my father sat in my room and once again started about his"back"..my mother nicely told him to shut up,that this day for once was about me,and not about him....if i have learned anything at all,it is..men want the attention,and this may be the case for your hubby....or maybe he is really having more symptoms..has he called his doctor???sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

Thanks Sandie....I'll try that. I think he may be trying not to focus too much on my surgery and using the hernia to distract himself??
Not sure....
Thank you!!
Kim
Unread 02-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

men have strange ways of expressing there fears/concerns..this very well may be a good distraction for him..almost like,he will take the pain away from you,and give it to himself..why cant men just tell us there worried??darn male ego!
Unread 02-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Suddenly needy DH...

Hi Sonie!
I will suggest he call his doctor tomorrow. Maybe if he goes in and gets a temporary clean bill of health he can relax 'till I'm recovered. I agree 100%; most men like attention when they are even slightly in pain. Sheesh, now that I'm thinking about this I think his surgery will be much harder on me mentally and physically than my own will be...
he sounds a lot like your father
Thanks!!
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register