Nervous/emotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous/emotional Nervous/emotional

Unread 06-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Nervous/emotional

My date is JULY 10, and I am freaking out going from one emotion to the next. The only thing that have been able to keep me from sitting in the middle of the chocolate aisle and having a moment is the words of encouragement and experience I have read on this website. Without this website the crazy comments women are saying to me would have scared me to the point of calling off my procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Re: Nervous/emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeonly View Post
My date is JULY 10, and I am freaking out going from one emotion to the next. The only thing that have been able to keep me from sitting in the middle of the chocolate aisle and having a moment is the words of encouragement and experience I have read on this website. Without this website the crazy comments women are saying to me would have scared me to the point of calling off my procedure.
That is exactly why I came back to the message boards. I remember feeling so vulnerable and scared, and thought that if I could give you guys some encouragement.

Just had my annual pap test on Tuesday and my GYN asked if I missed my uterus, and I said Hell No!

I am so glad I did it, and feel wonderful and wish you all the same
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:04 PM

I spent a lot of time pre op on this website for that very same reason! Good luck with your surgery! You';ll find post op hystersisters is a savior too!!
:cathugs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Hi animeonly -

This site is a true blessing. I have found much healing here. I would also have gone insane without it. Even DH is grateful I found this site.

Know that your emotional is very normal. Also your freakouts are normal. We all had days where we were ready to call everything off.

BUT, you are having a hysterectomy for your health. If you could have avoided this you would have. But this is the best solution for your situation. Ignore crazy comments from other women. They have no idea of what they are talking about!

Just keep getting on this site. We understand what you are going through.

And treat yourself to some chocolate....

Unread 06-28-2012, 08:41 PM

Animeonly - yes, this is a great site to help with the nerves, emotions, questions, and answers from those who have been right where you are. I remember thinking - wow, 21 days - long time to wait for surgery. Now only four days. The time will go by faster than you think. Keep coming back....
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:57 PM

I'm right there with you on the emotions! My surgery is 7-6 and I find myself crying about the silliest things. The nurse called for health history=tears, they called to change my pre-op appointment=tears! Hoping to read and calm my nerves!
Unread 06-29-2012, 04:34 AM

I too am on the roller coaster or emotions, my surgery is on 11 July and have been very teary this week. It certainly doesn't help when you get asked if you are ready to lose your womanhood - thank you to my sister in law for that comment.

I am thankful I have found this site, it is extremely helpful reading all the stories.
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm also having my surgery on July 10th. So far I'm not as nervous as I am anxious to get it over with. I find myself dreading the possible pain I may be in with having both my gallbladder and partial at the same time. I'm suppose to have my uterus, cervix, and gallbladder removed. Well let the count down begin! I go for my pre-op July 9th.
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:42 PM

I had my hysterectomy on June 20th! I was so scared! I looked on the web on everything about hysterectomys, I found this site! Thank god!!! I was on the pre op forum until I had my surgery! I post all the time and read all the post! This site has been so helpful! I know your scared and you dont know what to expect! Your surgery will be over before you know it, trust me!! It will be the best thing you ever did! Your health will be better! Being scared and nervous is normal, talk about it, with family, friends or right here on the site! There are great women here! I will keep you in my thoughts, lots if hugs!😘
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:25 PM

I come here to talk with everyone, it really helps keep any anxiety on my part at a minimum. My surgery is next Friday. So far I'm just keeping busy cleaning house, but this coming week is looking like a whirlwind of insanity. LOL Monday is the zoo, Tuesday is just spending the day with a good friend to relax and talk her into a stupor, Wednesday will be any last minute things in the house, Thursday I'm relaxing all day and doing the bowel prep, then Friday off to the Castle. More than anything, I am also more anxious to get the surgery done. Nerves haven't played a very big part for me because I've gotten so many answers on this site, and know the wonderful support I'll be coming back to once I'm on the other side. I can't thank everyone here enough. Wishing the best to all of my sisters, both those in the healing process and those getting ready to go to the castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register