Outpatient Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Outpatient Surgery Outpatient Surgery

Unread 04-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Outpatient Surgery

I am having some type of surgery soon where they go in and burn the lining of the uterus? I can't remember the name and I was wanting to go on-line to get more info. Can anyone help me with the name? Dr. says that it is 85% successful to help with the massive bleeding/clotting that I have had for over 13 years now. It's an out-patient procedure so should be up and around the next day. I could call the Dr. office for name but I've been such a pest there I thought I would try you gals first.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Outpatient Surgery

I believe it's an endometrial ablation.

Holly
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Endometrial ablation.

Thats what its called! I had 2 of them..one in 1999, and another in 2001. Then finally this past december I had the total hysterectomy .
Its not a bad surgery at all..you are asleep and dont know whats going on. I did it for bad and heavy bleeding and cramping. I also am a diabetic, so the docs wanted to try this first to see if it would work before they cut on me.
It did work for almost 2 years, I had no cramping, very little bleeding, and it was heaven! But, I did start having heavy bleeding again after the 2 years. Some women it works for a long time. I have some friends that has had excellent luck with the ablation. Thier periods quit completly. I do think its worth trying before the big surgery.
I had endometriosis, and docs didnt know it. I had to have the hysterectomy because of all the scar tissue and bleeding. I was very anemic, and my left ovary and cervix had fused into my colon. Doc had to leave part of the ovary and cervix, but I still am recovering. But, all in all it was worth it because I have no more bleeding.
Good luck, and let me know how you do. Email me if I can help anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Endometrial Ablation

Just wanted to let you all know that surgery (Endometrial Ablation & D & C) went fine and Dr. believes that there is a 85% chance that this will work with all of my problems............she's hoping that it will at least prolong me from having the TVH for some time.

Surgery didn't take long at all and pathlogy report was negative!! Some cramping the first day but after that just discharge. Guess I'll have that for 4 to 6 weeks. Dr. said that it's like a burn inside of me and the discharge is just the healing process.

I'm due to have my period on the 10th or 11th so we will see how the first one goes. Wish me luck!

Thanks again for everyones help!!! This website has been a blessing to me.

Anothersister

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register