Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH? Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH?

Unread 08-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH?

Do you still need and/or benefit from using a tummy binder even if you didn't have an abdominal surgery? Mine is supposed to be vaginal and possibly assist lap. Debating on whether to buy a binder as I've seen most of them aren't returnable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Re: Tummy binder for a VH?

Hi Endo2017 -

Whether or not you get a binder is really a personal preference. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy with a 6-inch vertical incision. I did not want one and never felt I needed one. Some women swear by them. It just depends.

If you think you might want one, talk to your doctor first. Not all doctors want you to wear one. Here is an article that may provide information:
Abdominal Binder: What Is It & Do I Need One?

Unread 08-31-2019, 08:05 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH?

I didn't start using one until I was a couple weeks into my recovery because it seemed to help keep the swelling down as my activity was increasing. I had DaVinci Laproscopic. My stomach incisions healed on the outside quite nicely. I struggled more with the internal healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2019, 09:53 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/18: Tummy binder for a VH?

I waited for a week or so after surgery before getting the post op panty and wish I'd had it from the beginning. I can't say whether it helps with healing, but it has sure helped the way I feel! Can't recommend it enough. One thing though, you might consider buying a larger size than you normally would. The leg openings on mine were really tight and I wound up having to snip into them to make it comfortable. Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register