Scheduled TAH Surgery april 16th an my pre-op visit is april 15th - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery april 16th an my pre-op visit is april 15th Surgery april 16th an my pre-op visit is april 15th

Unread 04-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Re: Surgery april 16th an my pre-op visit is april 15th

The nerves are staring to rise here too. It is like the anticipation of getting on a rollercoaster and going up that first incline before the first drop. I don't enjoy roller coasters, but that part of the ride is the worst. The flips and turns are much less of a deal after that, but still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Surgery april 16th an my pre-op visit is april 15th

Well pre-op went great, I have to drink half a bottle of mag citrate an then I have to do a fleet enema at bedtime. I have to be at the castle at 1:30pm which I personally am not happy about, I am only allowed soup for dinner an of course nothing after midnight. I do feel a little less nervous but not a whole lot. Surgery should take two hours. I am ready for this! I can't wait to be pain free!
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:14 PM

My pre-op appts went well too. It kept us busy all morning.

The mag citrate is pretty relaxing too. I forgot that it is a muscle relaxer as well. I have to be at the castle at 5:30 a.m.

The cool thing is that the mag citrate was on sale for $1.07 FTW! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Yay Jencrewz87! Glad it went well today. Sending you good thoughts and hugs for tomorrow -- it will all be over before you know it and you will be on the road to recovery!
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jencrewz87 View Post
Well pre-op went great, I have to drink half a bottle of mag citrate an then I have to do a fleet enema at bedtime. I have to be at the castle at 1:30pm which I personally am not happy about, I am only allowed soup for dinner an of course nothing after midnight. I do feel a little less nervous but not a whole lot. Surgery should take two hours. I am ready for this! I can't wait to be pain free!
So glad it went well, Jencrewz87! I'm 5 days post op and feeling pretty good. Only needed the Percocet in the hospital and the first two nights home. Now mostly tired and a bit achy, helped by a simple heating pad. I was scared too, and can tell you you'll feel so much better when you get over here on the other side!! Prayers and good wishes to you and all the other sisters heading to the castle soon!! You'll do great!!
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Please ask your doctor about heating pads -- to soon after surgery can increase bleeding. Ice packs work for many sisters very, very well.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM

Hey, the Mag Citrate kicked in about 2 hours ago (things move slowly with me) so I'm finally getting some princess practice in the throne room. I wonder how late I can take the second bottle if I need it?
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:41 PM

Well I have done my last bowel prep for the night, but I got a feeling me an my throne are going to get very acquainted tonight lol. I just hope I get some rest. My doctor told me when they get me in the back then they'll give me what they call happy medicine so I won't be nervous or upset, can't wait to be in recovery an see the difference!!
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM

I went ahead and took that second bottle so I'd have time to get plenty of water in my system before midnight. I'll probably be practicing off and on all night. I'd like some rest, but I know I won't care after they give me my feel good cocktail!

Good luck to you tonight and tomorrow and see you in the post-op recovery thread!
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Ok bluebell41 cant wait to see how everything goes for you! Best wishes an hugs to you! See you on the recovery side! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register