Weight Loss post op - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Loss post op Weight Loss post op

Unread 11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Weight Loss post op

I'm hanging at a 10 pound drop since the surgery, but I'm noticing that my hips and belly are really starting to tighten up. My DH is really happy about that too.

The walking really helps, and I can't wait to get back in the gym! No more periods to slow me down--I'm looking for that Demi Moore body this time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Weight Loss post op

Hi Sisters,

So I just put on a top that fit me pre op nicely. Looked good then also. It's huge on me no....way to much fabric by tummy area. Even bust area is big.
Guess a shopping spree is in store soon.

I probably will end up wearing a size 12, used to wear a 16!
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Weight Loss post op

hi, Ya'll are so funny and I feel great that I can chuckle without pain. Amazing how small things become big ones after surgery.

I've been afraid to weigh. Since Jan 05, I've lost 70 lbs and gained 10 this year. I was still eating right and walking/working out. I don't how much of this is related to what.

So, my wedding rings were already loose, but a couple of days ago, they fell off. Fortunately, I located my rings. whew!

I feel like I've lost weight, but maybe I'll weigh soon. I scared to put on any "regular" clothes. Just been wearing sweats and velour like sweats. My skin feels so weird that any other clothing just doesn't feel appealing.

Grateful for early cancer detection! My weight is a concern, but cancer removal has taken on more meaning.

lovetowalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Weight Loss post op

Lovetowalk,
Amazing how the weight issue becomes so trivial when you're faced with a life threatening issue, isn't it? When I got diagnosed with celiac disease, and had to revamp my whole eating life style, the weight became less of a focus. Feeding my son and I healthfully and safely became the main focus. I wasn't able to calculate calories and fat grams b/c the stuff we ate was made from scratch. Well, I didn't gain a bunch of weight, but more importantly, we felt good. No more pain or nausea. No more missing school for him, work for me. I don't keep track of food counts at all anymore. We eat when were hungry, that 's it. The food is really expensive to make or to buy, so no mindless muching out of boredom. I think that would help anyone wanting to lose weight. Don't you all think that food is so cheap and so accessible, that it's easy to over do it.
That's my 2 cents if anyone wants it. Maintaining a healthy weight is a huge challenge for us Americans.
Unread 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Weight Loss post op

my football sized "package" only weighed two pounds! i was certain the doctor dropped a zero, but no such luck. i got on the scale and it hasn't budged. nothing. nada. zip. i have walked daily as much as i can, but that doesn't account for much in the way of calorie burning, i'm sure. i am sick of looking at my swelly belly. my big plan is to get on a health kick after all of this is over, but for now i'm eating whatever is around. hubby does the best he can... but isn't totally aware of healthy cooking.

i still say while they were down there they could have at least done a little lipo and a tummy tuck. can't a gurl get a little silver lining! sheesh!
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Weight Loss

Had surgery on oct 4th. have lost 12 pounds. mainly not much of an appetite. that is the only good thing that has come from the surgery!
Tough way to lose weight.
Now back to pool therapy soon to firm up!
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Weight Loss post op

what is pool therapy?
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Pool therapy

Our local health club has Physical therapist that work with you in the indoor heated (90 degrees) pool .
Talked to one of the PT before my surgery. She says she sees alot of women after Hyster. to regain strenght .. Easier on body than jumping on treadmill and bikes!
check with your insurance co. Mine will pay for 12 weeks, if a doctor writes a referal.
I have to have treatment soon, so will not be working for a while.
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Weight Loss post op

wow cool! thanks a lot for the information. i'll check into that.
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Weight Loss post op

How long before we can really start to workout?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register